Chanote Title Deeds for Land

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Chanote Title Deeds for Land

Post by pipoz4444 » June 19, 2019, 4:49 pm

Hi, questions

I have seen several Chanote Title Deeds for Land for sale, which contains two and sometimes three named people/family members, on the back of that Chanote Title Deed paper

Q1. The questions are, what happens when one those three named people/family members, on that title deed, dies (obviously before the other two). Does the Title Deed or Land Ownership then automatically default to the 2 remaining surviving named people/family members, or

Q2. When one of the three named people/family members on that title deed dies, does the Descendent (s) of the Person who died, become the new rightful/legal owner, of that 1 /3 of the land within that Title Deed.

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Re: Chanote Title Deeds for Land

Post by ajarnudon » August 13, 2019, 2:01 pm

Hi Pipoz
Have just seen this forum post. In Australia (and I guess other countries where land title evolved out of the British system), the tenure of joint holdings is specified in the transfer document and recorded on the title deed (if one exists). The two tenures are:
1. as joint tenants (automatically passes to surviving party or parties), and
2. as tenants in common (share becomes part of the deceased's estate. Probate must be obtained: if intestate, a court will make a ruling.)
I don't know the situation in Thailand, which could be entirely different. I suspect you may already have found the answer by now.
Regards, John

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Re: Chanote Title Deeds for Land

Post by ajarnudon » August 13, 2019, 2:04 pm

Deleted duplicate post

Return to “Thailand Law”