Usufruct now possible in Udon Thani A. Muang

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
isaanlawyers
udonmap.com

Usufruct now possible in Udon Thani A. Muang

Post by isaanlawyers » November 29, 2017, 6:26 pm

Not sure if someone posted it, but in the last 5 years, the land department at Amphur Muang in Udon Thani was refused to register any rights for anyone.

We called there for a client and they told us it would be ok. We went yesterday and had NO PROBLEM AT ALL to register it and the director is the same. I don't understand but TIT.

If you do not know about usufructs, here's a good text about them. I wrote it many years ago:

http://thailawonline.com/en/property/us ... ments.html

This is VERY important for foreigners living in Udon, married or not and wish to protect an investment. It also means they can do mortgage, superficies, servitude, or others. Udon was one of the only ones we had problems (with Pattaya and Hua Hin too).

MALC
udonmap.com

Re: Usufruct now possible in Udon Thani A. Muang

Post by MALC » November 29, 2017, 8:24 pm

i did not have a problem when i bought a house from maliwan in ban jan i got a usufruct

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 30, 2017, 8:16 am

It's the way things are: "What happened for me or you today, may not happen for you or me or anyone else tomorrow. TIT."
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 30, 2017, 9:00 am

Another good thing about usufruct is your name goes on the deeds of the property and there's no chance of the gambling mad woman getting any sort of loan behind your back.great protection for your investment.the only down side of it is your now worth more dead than alive.as I've said in the past I wouldn't of purchased my property if I couldn't of had a usufruct as Thai women are not the most stable people in this world.lets face it if a woman has the choice of a fat bag of cash or a fat old man,I know which one I would choose .

UdonOAH
udonmap.com

Post by UdonOAH » February 24, 2019, 1:40 pm

Unfortunately this seems to have changed. I was shocked in December 2018 when Udon Land office adamanently refused to issue a me a Usufruct. Confirmed by the boss there. Something about immigration police concerned about law conflicts. Sounds more like new Immigration boss in bangkok causing more trouble and concerns to ellivate his power.
I had to settle for a 30 year lease.
Last edited by UdonOAH on February 26, 2019, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

isaanlawyers
udonmap.com

Post by isaanlawyers » February 24, 2019, 3:29 pm

We did one last year in Udon. You must almost force them. There is no police order or anything. Same law applies everywhere in Thailand. They process case by case.

Sebastian of www.isaanlawyers.com

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 24, 2019, 4:26 pm

They are just plain lazy and ignorant and it's easy to say no and say no,no,no and save face.

Return to “Thailand Law”