Notary Public in Udon Thani?

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » August 9, 2009, 7:11 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question -- but I figure a lot of you guys have experience with local lawyers, processing documents, etc. My wife and I need a notary public that's not too expensive (the U.S. embassy charges $30 for the first document and $20 for the rest!). Any Thai lawyers in Udon Thani who provide that service?

Nicholas

jingjai
udonmap.com

Re: Notary Public

Post by jingjai » August 9, 2009, 10:56 am

First. I would check with the agency/bank/whatever that needs the notarized signature back in the States, and ask if they will accept a Thai notary.
It's been my experience that some places in the States will accept a Thai notary, but most won't.

Most Thai lawyers are notary's, however their charge is usually 1000+ baht. PM me if you want the name of one I have used.

sgt
udonmap.com

Re: Notary Public in Udon Thani?

Post by sgt » August 10, 2009, 12:37 am

Thailand is not a signator of the Haigue Convention for whatever that is worth. If it has anything at all to do with the IRS and I suspect any other US gov't agency you will have to use the Embassy as the IRS in particular will not accept any other. My wife just had to go and get her's and the children's passports copied and notorized by the US Embassy so that the IRS will recognize I have a wife and family and refund tax monies. Nope it ain't cheap but I still make out in the long run.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » August 15, 2009, 1:44 pm

Dear Sgt and Jingjai,

Thank you for your help -- however, I'm pretty sure that I need a U.S.-style notary public. Here's why.

1) I'm dealing with Canadian immigration, not a U.S. private entity. They want U.S.-style notarization, and in my experience it's best to give the immigration folks what they want. A Thai garuda isn't going to cut it.

2) I'm trying to avoid the U.S. embassy -- we have to copy three passports, one visa, one marriage certificate, possibly one marriage certificate translation. That's 130 bucks, for something that would cost $12 dollars in the States. It bugs me . . . All I need is a few more things and it would make sense to fly back to the states and do it there . . .

3) So yes, Jingjai, if you know anyone who does this for a normal price, tell me. But unless it's cheaper than 700 Baht, there's no point . . .

Thanks for your help, guys.

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » August 17, 2009, 4:05 pm

go to the language school/translations / visas.on udondusad road , its on the left about 150 metre from the clock circle (map 11-i) they have service of a notary, all documents properly stamped , cost for one document 1000 b , do not know prices if you want more.

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » January 21, 2012, 10:34 pm

Anyone happen to have current information on this? I need my daughter's permission to fly here from the US notarized and to date no one has ever even asked to see it at the airport ever (about 6 attempts) so I figure a stamp from Thailand is fine in the even someone does ask (flying with my mother, same last name and doubt any problem). My car's in the shop though and probably going to take a cab so prefer to know some place does this and know what to expect rather than roaming around on tuktuks looking.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 25, 2015, 6:31 pm

\
᧧ wrote:Anyone happen to have current information on this?
BUMPING this question.

Any suggestions on a inexpensive notary service?
A Thai notary stamp will be sufficient. I'll probably go to the Ampur if no suggestions, but will they notarize a document that's in English?
UFF DA!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 25, 2015, 7:16 pm

I tried to find one a year ago with no success that is why I use a lawyer refer to my post under "good lawyer" he does speak and understands English law.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » February 25, 2015, 7:56 pm

macca46 wrote:I tried to find one a year ago with no success that is why I use a lawyer refer to my post under "good lawyer" he does speak and understands English law.
Used one opposite a block of apartments for sprogs Birth Certificate and my Marriage Certificate- shop on the left heading out of Udon on the Nong Khai Road I think after the second roundabout and she translated and properly embossed the stamp for approval. Cheap as well and accepted by all red tape issues.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Post by Geoffrey » February 25, 2015, 11:33 pm

I used one last year. If I remember correctly, not every lawyer can do this. The Thai law now requires special certification. A Thai lawyer who is a friend of our family referred me to a Thai Lawyer named Tubin who has Notary capability. You can reach him at 081 871 7193. His office is on Phon Phi Sai road near the stop light at the bottom of the hill before you get to Don Bosco School. Let us know how you make out.
Holy Harp

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 27, 2015, 5:05 pm

socksy wrote:
macca46 wrote:I tried to find one a year ago with no success that is why I use a lawyer refer to my post under "good lawyer" he does speak and understands English law.
Used one opposite a block of apartments for sprogs Birth Certificate and my Marriage Certificate- shop on the left heading out of Udon on the Nong Khai Road I think after the second roundabout and she translated and properly embossed the stamp for approval. Cheap as well and accepted by all red tape issues.
Tried this place today (forgot the name already) two shops down from Landmark Plaza. Her quote was over 2,000 baht for one document. I bit my lip and walked. I'll try at the Ampur next week.
UFF DA!

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Post by Geoffrey » February 27, 2015, 5:29 pm

I don't remember the cost but it was a little expensive. He may have charged us one fee for several documents.
Holy Harp

puangpaga

Post by puangpaga » April 8, 2015, 5:36 pm

... she has been moved to bangkok...
Last edited by puangpaga on July 23, 2020, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 9, 2015, 10:36 am

My understanding is that there are levels of accreditation for these positions.

Not all Embassies will accept documents , unless the translation service is registered and approved etc and the stamp reflects that .

Dhamma
udonmap.com

Post by Dhamma » August 19, 2015, 11:52 pm

puangpaga wrote:
puangpaga wrote:Lawyer Sarah 081-7078199 graduate from CA. USA. fluent english speaking lawyer. 500 baht each pages, good for all cases. check it out, guys :)
LINE: tiger94806
Puangapaga,

Could you furnish Sarah's email address??

I am writing from the USA. :-) Thanks!

puangpaga

Post by puangpaga » July 23, 2020, 2:44 pm

Sarah has moved to Bangkok. her email address: [email protected]

puangpaga

Post by puangpaga » July 23, 2020, 2:45 pm

[email protected]

she moved to Bangkok

Return to “Thailand Law”