Photographer with a 4 Lens Camera

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Photographer with a 4 Lens Camera

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 16, 2024, 2:38 pm

Looking for a photographer who does quality passport photos in the Udon area. I need to renew my Aus. passport in the future and they are extremely finicky.

Looks like I can complete the procedure online now without having to go to Bangkok, anyone done it yet? I don't need a challenge with road bumps and hoops.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Photographer with a 4 Lens Camera

Post by Barney » February 16, 2024, 5:03 pm

Bandung Dero,

I'll give you the long story for relevance.
Did my Australian passport renewal last year in July. I had to renew 3 months early as I was required to get a visa overseas and needed at least 12 months in the passport. You can't get the old 65 page anymore.
any way I returned to Thailand on R&R and needed to renew, used Khun Kru at the EDU English Thai language school opposite Udon pit school. it has the small statue type things of Spider man and a mate out front.
I didn't have time to do it myself. Good service from her, she does all the paperwork and money transfers, copies all the pages of the existing passport etc. Has the prepared documents taken down and processed at the Australian embassy. Embassy says to allow 6 weeks. It was less than but I wasn't in Thailand as I had left for work and returned 8 weeks later, and the passport was picked up by my missus and waiting at my house on return. Just had to process the change of visa extension at immigration.
As for the photo, yes, I found out they are finicky down at the embassy. Part of her service is to pre send electronic copies of the photos which I provided for checking and low and behold the photos, I had taken, in the mall were not accepted. Jumped on the bike and she took me to her photographer a short walk done the street and had new photos taken, all good. The photos taken at the mall up on level 3 I think, were the correct size but unbeknown to me had been photoshopped during processing and the embassy picked this immediately.
Just to add, you get less pages and the cost for the passport has increased, double whammy.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Photographer with a 4 Lens Camera

Post by jackspratt » February 16, 2024, 7:50 pm

Quick phone call with the Dero today - hopefully he is on the right track.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”