Extension based on retirement (mixed money)

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
samuel
udonmap.com

Extension based on retirement (mixed money)

Post by samuel » May 25, 2022, 8:46 pm

after so many consecutive applications for extension of stay based on marriage i'm getting tired of all this paperwork.
i'm thinking of changing to "extension of stay based on retirement".
  • for certain reasons i would not want to put 800'000 THB in the banc but would like to mix it with part of the monthly pension.
i have some questions to those in the forum that do it "banc deposit mixed with monthly pension".
please only comments from people who actually do this at Udon Thani Immigration.
all others are kindly requested to refrain from non-targeted comments and the like (TIA).

afik the current regulation for mixed says e.g:
400'000 THB in banc account and proof of monthly pension paid into a thai account from foreign country summing up to 800'000 THB.
  • so i would understand it as if one has a banc account of 400'000 THB then the monthly pension added has to be minimum 33'333 THB.
  • what i don't know is how much money has to be in the banc account(s) on the date of the application and for how long.
  • what i also don't know is if the whole money has to be in the same banc account.
another question is regarding proof of address.
  • what paper(s) is needed as proof of address (if renting a house)?
thank you very much for sharing personal experiences in this matter.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Extension based on retirement (mixed money)

Post by AlexO » May 25, 2022, 11:46 pm

As far as I am aware your scenario is not allowed. Its either a constant monthly income equivalent to 800K/PA or the full 800K in the bank for 3 months first time prior to application and for 3 months after plus money in Bank for a further 3 months then minimum of 400K for the rest of the year. Makes no sense if you are on monthly income but TIT.
Proof of address is a copy of a signed rental agreement from Landlord.
Just done my first married extension and agree paperwork and witnesses is a bit of a pain in the nether regions but saves you having to worry about what's in your account in case of emergencies.
Was fined 12K baht last year for being 20 baht below 400K for 2 weeks.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 26, 2022, 8:00 am

The "combined" method is certainly allowable under the rules. However, there have been questions over the years whether Udon Immo will process such applications.

I will leave it up to the experts to answer sammuel's more technical queries, to add to Alex's answers.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 26, 2022, 8:16 am

AlexO wrote:
May 25, 2022, 11:46 pm
As far as I am aware your scenario is not allowed. Its either a constant monthly income equivalent to 800K/PA or the full 800K in the bank for 3 months first time prior to application and for 3 months after plus money in Bank for a further 3 months then minimum of 400K for the rest of the year. Makes no sense if you are on monthly income but TIT.
Just done my first married extension and agree paperwork and witnesses is a bit of a pain in the nether regions but saves you having to worry about what's in your account in case of emergencies.
In regards to proof of address, if you have a yellow book do you still need your landlord(my wife) to sign any forms for immigration.
Last edited by newtovillagelife on May 26, 2022, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 26, 2022, 8:18 am

Best you go directly to Udon Immigration and ask them your straight forward questions, you will then get your answers from the horses mouth.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 26, 2022, 8:21 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 26, 2022, 8:16 am
AlexO wrote:
If you have a yellow book do you still need your landlord(my wife) to sign any forms for immigration.
No, you have an offical book that shows your address.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 26, 2022, 8:24 am

fatbob wrote:
May 26, 2022, 8:21 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
AlexO wrote:
If you have a yellow book do you still need your landlord(my wife) to sign any forms for immigration.
Well I was at immigration a month ago and my wife had to sign several forms , and they took copies of her ID and Blue book?????
Last edited by newtovillagelife on May 26, 2022, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 8:27 am

i'm referring to point 5 in this paper from Bangkok immigration.
mixed.jpg
i'm interested to learn from a Farang living in Udon Thani doing his yearly application of temporary stay based on retirement AND under point 5.
later this year i will ask immigration directly but first i would like to know if someone else is doing it already successfully in order to compare their answers.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 26, 2022, 9:01 am

Samuel, any chance you have a clearer copy of that immigration paper?

I just did my annual retirement extension. In year's past, I'd always hand over my yellow book, but the IO would hand it back (as in, 'don't need that'). This year, I gave them my pink id but the IO wanted the yellow book. Luckily, I had it on the visor in my truck.

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » May 26, 2022, 10:41 am

I was there 2 weeks ago and no yellow book or pink card was necessary.
Only copy of my wife bleu house book.
In al the 20 years here never used pink card or yellow book for immigration.
Next year nobody knows.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 11:16 am

hmmm?
i might getting old but i still don't understand the rule for combined money (fund and income and pension).

let's say i have 400'000 THB in Kasikorn Account as fund
let's say i have 50'000 THB monthly pension paid from abroad to the same Kasikorn account as well equals 600'000 THB for 12 month.
  • BUT if i pay the living from my monthly pension then there will never be 800'000 THB on day zero when i'm applying for extension.
really confusing….
:-k
source: https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-retirement-visa-2/
Thai Retirement Visa.pdf
(114.12 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 11:17 am

parrot wrote:
May 26, 2022, 9:01 am
Samuel, any chance you have a clearer copy of that immigration paper?
i found the pdf that i linked one post earlier...

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 11:24 am

another source says it again but still also not really clear to me:
https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-vis ... t-Visa.php
mixed-1.jpg

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 26, 2022, 11:25 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 26, 2022, 8:24 am
fatbob wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
AlexO wrote:
Well I was at immigration a month ago and my wife had to sign several forms , and they took copies of her ID and Blue book?????
I have only ever used my yellow book. Many years ago my wife said best you go to immigration alone, then they don't ask her for irrelevant information, since leaving Phuket nine years ago I do my retirement extension in Udon solo, the longest it has taken is fifeteen minutes, in and out the door all done.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 11:29 am

the question is:
with combined funds on day of application there will not be 800'000 THB in a banc account as long as one uses the pension for a living.
in theory yes but in real life no.
or do i not understand thai logic?

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 11:35 am

is there anybody in Udon Thai that does his yearly extension based on retirement AND on combined funds?
all others are NOT subject to the topic here (as i said in my initial positing) and therefore NOT helpful in this special matter.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 26, 2022, 12:37 pm

fatbob wrote:
May 26, 2022, 11:25 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
fatbob wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
AlexO wrote:
I have only ever used my yellow book. Many years ago my wife said best you go to immigration alone, then they don't ask her for irrelevant information, since leaving Phuket nine years ago I do my retirement extension in Udon solo, the longest it has taken is fifeteen minutes, in and out the door all done.
Problem is every time I have been there I can't understand what they are saying, so I have to call my wife in to translate.

So all you take is the verified bank statement, and your yellow book?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 26, 2022, 1:52 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 26, 2022, 12:37 pm
fatbob wrote:
May 26, 2022, 11:25 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
fatbob wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
AlexO wrote:
Problem is every time I have been there I can't understand what they are saying, so I have to call my wife in to translate.

So all you take is the verified bank statement, and your yellow book?
Yes, I wait for the neaby SCB to open first thing in the morning, get my bank statement, get to immigration straight after, the single page application form filled out with photo's, bank statement, yellow book and I always have a couple of tins of short bread biscuits as a sweetner that the whole lot can enjoy, not just the head boss. Always takes about fifteen minutes, getting the bank statement takes longer, I find them really good and so easy to deal with.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 26, 2022, 2:04 pm

samuel wrote:
May 25, 2022, 8:46 pm
i have some questions to those in the forum that do it "banc deposit mixed with monthly pension".
please only comments from people who actually do this at Udon Thani Immigration.
all others are kindly requested to refrain from non-targeted comments and the like (TIA).
hey guys
is it so hard not to respect this???

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2022, 7:36 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
fatbob wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
AlexO wrote:
The OP is asking about a RETIREMENT EXTENSION which is done without one's wife, partner or girlfriend being required to sign anything. As mentioned earlier, bringing her along for translation purposes when she's not needed to sign anything exposes her to being casually "milked" for irrelevant information by the indolent desk jockeys. Mrs tam resented it when I used to do Marriage Extensions.

For my RETIREMENT EXTENSION issued by Udon Immigration these past four years, they have accepted my yellow book for proof of address. It's the same address where Iive with Mrs tam (her house) but they didn't need anything else. However, if the OP is renting, a copy of the rental agreement should be sufficient. The last time I rented in Udon and Pattaya, a copy of the rental agreement (Thai/English) was required by Immigration while Jomtien Immigration also needed a signed copy of the rental property's blue book and the landlord/owners ID card (passport if non-Thai).

As for the split income method, can't assist there but keen to know if it is a viable option in Oodorn.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”