New ONLINE 90 Day Reporting Procedure

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: New ONLINE 90 Day Reporting Procedure

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 21, 2022, 11:44 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
August 21, 2022, 8:27 am
I just received a reminder to complete a TM47 online report in early September, 90 days since I completed the last in June. OK, but in the mean time I had spent a month in Aust.

I'm thinking I will try to submit an online report as requested rather than do it 90 days from my arrival back into the Kingdom just to see what happens. Not sure how the axing of the TM6 arrival card will affect the process.
You are only required to report after 90 days continuous stay in Thailand.

The email takes no account of any trip outside Thailand.

The new online report form does not ask for a TM6 number so it is now irrelevant.

There is nothing to stop you filling in a TM47 report early, of course you must fill in the new arrival date.
There can be no penalty for ignoring the email as you have not been in Thailand for 90 days.

The immigration officer suggested that I do a 90 day report when I went back for my under consideration stamp to be converted to the annual extension, he laughed when I pointed out that it was going to be 87 days early, I didn’t report, my next report is due in about 2 weeks. That will be 155 days from my last report, there will be no problem.

My prediction is that an early report will go unremarked.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2022, 12:47 pm

My 90 day was due in July, but I renewed my extension in May.........and, conveniently, the 90 day (until Aug). In early July, I received an email notifying me that my 90 day was due.......I ignored it and applied 8 days before my (new) 90 day in Aug. I received approval with a few hours.
If it were me, I'd apply for your 90 day (90 days from the date of your arrival) about 8 days prior to it being due. If you don't hear back from immigration within a day or three, I'd go to Udon and complete the 90 day there. From that point on, you should be able to do it online.
I'll venture a guess that you'll be able to complete the 90 day online.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 21, 2022, 5:38 pm

Thanks guys, I'll report back in 10 days or so to let you how it went.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 21, 2022, 5:51 pm

@parrot your experience mirrors the experience of many others.

I haven’t yet got an email notification for a report, however it is a “dumb” system (in that it takes no account of situations that will change the report date) not a smart one. However if you follow the report dates emailed to you you are unlikely to report too late, though you may/will report early occasionally.

This is not clearly true as with any early version “dumb” system it could certainly miss things.

So treat it as a heads-up but keep the 90 calendar in mind.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2022, 6:14 pm

"it is a “dumb” system"
I suppose like a 'dumb waiter'.......but when you compare it to the days of old, it's a breath of fresh air. Being in the 90day computer system will relive a fair number of people from forgetting to report.....and subsequently pay a fine.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 21, 2022, 6:41 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 21, 2022, 5:51 pm
@parrot your experience mirrors the experience of many others.

I haven’t yet got an email notification for a report, however it is a “dumb” system (in that it takes no account of situations that will change the report date) not a smart one. However if you follow the report dates emailed to you you are unlikely to report too late, though you may/will report early occasionally.

This is not clearly true as with any early version “dumb” system it could certainly miss things.

So treat it as a heads-up but keep the 90 calendar in mind.
The 90-day report system has never been linked with immigration-on-departure/arrival. A recall a few lazy people down in Pattaya who would forego filing their 90-day report because it fell a few days before a planned exit from the country. When they fronted up to do their first 90-day after re-entering, the Jomtien office would flag the missed report from before they left and they'd get fined for it. They would then gurn about why airport immigration "didn't mind the overstay" and if they weren't fined there, why fine me now? Can't educate pork.

One day, we'll be telling our grandkids about all this 90-day faff and they won't believe us.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 31, 2022, 2:46 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
August 21, 2022, 5:38 pm
Thanks guys, I'll report back in 10 days or so to let you how it went.
Went through today without a problem, didn't react at all to the fact I had entered the kingdom on the 14 July.
Next report 29th Nov. Dumb or not tis a damn site better than having to do a 180 km return trip into the office to do it in person! =D>
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 23, 2022, 3:31 pm

90 day due 8 Nov. Immigration notified me by email on 23 Oct that 90 day was due by 8 Nov. Completed the online form on 23 Oct. Immigration acknowledged receipt immediately. 90 day approved on 24 Oct.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 23, 2022, 4:49 pm

parrot wrote:
October 23, 2022, 3:31 pm
90 day due 8 Nov. Immigration notified me by email on 23 Oct that 90 day was due by 8 Nov. Completed the online form on 23 Oct. Immigration acknowledged receipt immediately. 90 day approved on 24 Oct.
Does it Matter where your Visa was Issued,Or does have to be the SAME Immigration Office ??

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 23, 2022, 8:30 pm

747man wrote:
October 23, 2022, 4:49 pm
parrot wrote:
Does it Matter where your Visa was Issued,Or does have to be the SAME Immigration Office ??
Your question wording is confused.

The only visa entries that have 90 day reporting are a Non-OA (almost always requiring 90 day reports) or a Non-O that has been extended by 30 or 60 days, though the extension may well count as a 90 day report.

Your visa could be issued in any country from Austria to Zimbabwe (if there is an embassy there) it makes no difference

If you are actually talking about an extension of stay the online report is forwarded to the correct immigration office for approval so you can report from anywhere.

If you are talking about an extension of stay and you are reporting in person, for almost all cases you must report to the office that issued the extension. This can be modified if you have moved your permanent address and filled in a new TM30 notification of new address. There are a very few individuals who can report to 2 different offices, this is unusual.

Your in-person report will almost certainly be refused if you go to an office where you are staying at a nearby hotel.

If the above doesn’t answer your question try rewriting it.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 24, 2022, 11:22 am

747man wrote:
October 23, 2022, 4:49 pm
parrot wrote:
The address used on my visa extension is the one I must use on my 90 day online. In my case my Non-B extension is done in Nongkhai so I must use my office address in Nongkhai when using the 90 day online system. If I try to use my Yellow Book and Pink Card home address in Udon I get rejected.

If I go in to Udon Imm office they will tell me to go to NKI. If I insist that I do the 90 day in Udon, they will do it but need loads of extra paperwork, photos yadda yadda then they will make a change of address TM30 and eventually begrudgingly do the 90 day.

I can then do the 90 day online using my Udon address once again but as soon as I renew the annual extension in Nongkhai (I have no choice in the matter) I am back to square one and will need to use the NKI office for walkins or my NKI address online.

The online system saves a couple visits to Immigration for sure but I think someone posted a warning that if you use certain agents that handle these things for you you should let them handle it.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 1, 2022, 3:32 pm

90 day report ,submitted online , pending , received confirmation immediately in email , twenty minutes later , another email done ,thats a record for me ,

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » November 23, 2022, 12:41 pm

Did my 90 day online once again after obtaining a new passport in August. I had the visa extension transferred over from the old passport in September 2022 at the Nong Khai Immigration office (free of charge BTW).

90 day reminder email had my old passport number referenced meaning the email was triggered by the online system not the Nong Khai Imm office database as I did my last 90 day online a couple of days before transferring my visa extension over as not to be in any way out of compliance.

When I did the 90 day online this time (Nov 2022), I used my new passport number. I applied Sunday about 5am and by end of business Monday it was approved and a PDF sent via email. This tells me there is some connection between the Nong Khai Imm office and the online system even if it is a manual lookup in the local database (or file cabinet) and online database in order to approve/deny online applications.

Web site isn't overtly intuitive for finding the link, so here is the login page address for those who wish to try: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

90DayOnlineLogon.jpg
If you have not registered your email and passport number yet you need to click the appropriate link. There is a forgot password link too. If your email is registered and you remember your password then you will get this page:
90DayOnlineNewApp.jpg
If you select a new application you will get the online form to fill in. Straight forward boxes to fill-in with drop down menus in the areas I would normally have trouble:
90DayOnlineForm.jpg
Once you complete and submit you should get an email saying they received your application and will inform you when approved (I'm paraphrasing here as I forgot to get a screenshot)

If you log in later after submitting, you can check the status with the right button on the second graphic above and see something like this of your recent history:
90DayOnlineStatus.jpg
An email was sent to me Monday afternoon with the 90 day approval PDF attachment which I dutifully saved and printed/clipped in my passport. Having a copy on my OneDrive along with my passport and work permit relevant pages will suffice for any unannounced Immigration visit to my office in lieu of the originals in my safe at home.

ONCE AGAIN, if your visa/extension is managed by an agent, let them do the 90 day for you, don't try this at home
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 23, 2022, 12:51 pm

Potamoi wrote:
November 23, 2022, 12:41 pm
..... I had the visa extension transferred over from the old passport in September 2022 at the Nong Khai Immigration office (free of charge BTW).
Still a THB500 "service fee" at Udon Immigration I believe - as is the Residence letter.

Let's hope Big Joke puts a sword through this centre of malpractice. I hesitate to use the "C" word. :-#

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 6, 2023, 11:14 am

Just to keep the thread up-to-date:
90 Day due 20 Jan. Received email from immigration on 5 Jan reminding me of the due date. Submitted my 90 day on line at 3PM on 5 Jan. Received immediate reply saying it had been accepted. Received approved 90 day at 11AM on 6 Jan.
Gas cost = 0. Postage cost = 0.

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » July 19, 2023, 5:33 am

Another update to the new and improved online 90 day system.

I left the Kingdom in April for three weeks and I was thinking since last 90 day said to report in May 23 there may be a requirement to show my face again at Nong Khai Immigration before my calculated new late July deadline.

Yesterday, I tried once again the online system at 10:35, received the approval email with an attached PDF to be printed and kept in me passport by 16:15 same day. So far so good.

This system with its newer backend seems to work well now particularly if the Immigration trip is a hardship.

To cut to the chase this is the login page:
https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

If more help is needed, this link sends you to an instruction pop-out:
https://www.immigration.go.th/en/
90Day1.jpg
Then in that pop-out is the link to the login page (assuming you have registered your email already):
90Day.jpg
The rest has been documented in a previous post.
Benjamin Franklin

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 19, 2023, 11:52 am

Note. The immigration data base does not take into account any trips outside the country so you will be able to report in the reporting window from your last report.

There are insufficient reports of online reporting 75~90 days after reentry to give any advice on the success or failure of the updated software.
Certainly you can report in person 75~97 days Post return (remembering that immigration uses a slightly different counting system)

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » July 19, 2023, 6:29 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 19, 2023, 11:52 am
Note. The immigration data base does not take into account any trips outside the country so you will be able to report in the reporting window from your last report.

There are insufficient reports of online reporting 75~90 days after reentry to give any advice on the success or failure of the updated software.
Certainly you can report in person 75~97 days Post return (remembering that immigration uses a slightly different counting system)
Thanks for the input. Perhaps I was unclear in my post.

I suppose my case gets now entered in the 66 days overdue from last 90 day deadline (not report date) making it 156 day report submission, however, only 87 days after re-entry date category which gives some credence to the thought the databases now speak to each other somewhat.

I'm just saying it worked so I am going to use it as it was intended thus not wasting the Imm officer's time or mine.
TM-47_18Jul23.jpg
I hope others can benefit from this info.
Benjamin Franklin

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 19, 2023, 8:26 pm

Just to confirm - since late last year I have done 2 online 90 day reports after re-entering Thailand on 2 occasions.

Each has gone through smoothly, with the reporting date on both occasions being based on the date of re-entry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 20, 2023, 7:31 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 19, 2023, 8:26 pm
Just to confirm - since late last year I have done 2 online 90 day reports after re-entering Thailand on 2 occasions.

Each has gone through smoothly, with the reporting date on both occasions being based on the date of re-entry.
Thanks for the information.

A datum point from the previous system was that automatic notifications were (maybe still are) sent out prior to/or at the 90 report window from the last online report and that reports were accepted. Meaning that you could get an email a few days after reentry, with some feeling that they must report far earlier than needed, if doing it online it’s just a minor inconvenience, not so much if you have to go to immigration though.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”