Thailand visa and Immigration forum
thedi

Re: Renew marriage visa

Post by thedi » January 4, 2023, 12:37 pm

noosard wrote:
January 4, 2023, 10:12 am
Who is to say the reciepts are not printed for every transaction
and said reciepts are kept by IMO unless asked for
In Khon Kaen I always get a receipt. But I have to get it copied, and the copy goes into their files.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 4, 2023, 2:07 pm

noosard wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
January 3, 2023, 7:34 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
January 3, 2023, 7:09 pm
.. I received no receipt for either payment and recollect over the last 10 years getting maybe 2 receipts..
Given that the office is under constant CCTV monitoring, enquiring minds - if they were interested - could possibly ask why if a hundred people (not counting the 90 day desk) pass though on a particular day, only 20 receipts were issued. ;)

And that's disregarding the "agents" of course. :D
Millions and millions of receipts in storage, a fire hazard of biblical proportions.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 4, 2023, 2:23 pm

You seen the storeroom for all that paper work
A couple of forests worth
Be like a an Aussie summer bush fire
near immpossible to put out
have to wait for the wet season

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 4, 2023, 2:29 pm

noosard wrote:
January 4, 2023, 2:23 pm
You seen the storeroom for all that paper work
A couple of forests worth
Be like a an Aussie summer bush fire
near immpossible to put out
have to wait for the wet season
And that's only my applications over the years!!!!!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 4, 2023, 2:31 pm

Wet season?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 4, 2023, 3:06 pm

You know went it is not so sunny but wettish

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 4, 2023, 3:51 pm

noosard wrote:

But that wouldn't explain why, on previous occasions I have been given a receipt when I didn't ask for one, and not given Ie refused, one when I have asked.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 4, 2023, 4:33 pm

A retraction and mea culpa. :oops:

When I check my passport, after arriving home today after getting a re-entry permit, guess what was stapled inside.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 4, 2023, 4:40 pm

The honesty of IMO

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 2, 2023, 7:28 am

Can someone remind me, how long before renewal application of a marriage extension can the new Tor Ror 2 be dated. Thanks.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 2, 2023, 7:47 am

Chriss wrote:
February 2, 2023, 7:28 am
Can someone remind me, how long before renewal application of a marriage extension can the new Tor Ror 2 be dated. Thanks.
Within 7 days is safe. Different officers and offices have different policies and may allow a longer period
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 2, 2023, 11:33 am

OK thank you sir, I'll get a new Tor Ror 2 on Friday for the application on Monday or Tuesday..

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 2, 2023, 5:01 pm

Chriss - I was 'messed about' when, in error, I submitted an original and a photocopy of the Tor Ror 2, rather than two originals in the two sets of paperwork required. So make sure you get 2 originals (more if you wanted to retain one yourself). Officer wouldn't accept, had to come back next day. Pain.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 2, 2023, 5:42 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
February 2, 2023, 5:01 pm
Chriss - I was 'messed about' when, in error, I submitted an original and a photocopy of the Tor Ror 2, rather than two originals in the two sets of paperwork required. So make sure you get 2 originals (more if you wanted to retain one yourself). Officer wouldn't accept, had to come back next day. Pain.
That's interesting, for the last few years I've only submitted 1 original renewed Tor Ror 2 along with 1 original bank letter.. never copied them for both paperwork packs.. I'll make sure I get 2 originals. Thanks.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 2, 2023, 6:29 pm

Chriss wrote:
February 2, 2023, 5:42 pm
Brian Davis wrote:
That's interesting, for the last few years I've only submitted 1 original renewed Tor Ror 2 along with 1 original bank letter.. never copied them for both paperwork packs.. I'll make sure I get 2 originals. Thanks.
Brian Davi’s report it the first I’ve seen that required 2 originals of any document. I certainly only ever supplied a single original with copies for every one of the second set. The only exception is that I do have 2 sets of pictures.

So if you want to be sure, I suggest that you do the same (1 original set and 1 set of copies) and have any second original in a folder that you can get anything from if needed.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 2, 2023, 7:14 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 2, 2023, 6:29 pm
Chriss wrote:
Brian Davis wrote:
Brian Davi’s report it the first I’ve seen that required 2 originals of any document. I certainly only ever supplied a single original with copies for every one of the second set. The only exception is that I do have 2 sets of pictures.

So if you want to be sure, I suggest that you do the same (1 original set and 1 set of copies) and have any second original in a folder that you can get anything from if needed.
What's this sorting backups into folders nonsense? Just hand them the lot, originals, copies plus anything else they may or may not need in one great wedge and let them sort it out. There's absolutely no need to make these thankless jobsworths life any easier.

PS: I love it when they churlishly toss the excess and unwanted sheets of paper back in my face.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2023, 7:28 pm

From memory (circa 2008) both the husband and wife are issued with an original marriage document, along with a flowery certificate each.

Fortunately, I can't remember any of my transactions at Udon Immo being subjected to the dramatics described above - particularly now, with perspex screens on every IO desk.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 2, 2023, 9:08 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 2, 2023, 6:29 pm
Chriss wrote:
Brian Davis wrote:

Exactly as I will do. Belts and Braces

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 3, 2023, 6:59 am

Well, I think it's an example of which officer you get, day of the week, no tea money offered to 'solve the problem', time of the month etc! This officer examined the quality of my two Tor Lor 2s, the thickness of the paper, the print 'quality'. No, one was a copy and not acceptable. :roll: The other matter that may bring a smile. A fairly recent Government initiative to cut red tape, improve efficiency, save paper and the like, including the removal of the requirement to copy the back of an ID card. (In truth, that never saves paper, because the one sheet was put through the copier twice). But I submitted some ID card photocopies, which still had the reverse side on. The officer asked us for our ID cards, photocopied the picture side only on new sheets and threw away my copies. Common sense should have meant accepting my copies with front and back on and reminding me that next time, only the photo side needed to be copied. Would doing that cause confusion in Immigration procedures? But no. Another tree dies. ](*,)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 3, 2023, 7:12 am

Brian Davis wrote:
February 3, 2023, 6:59 am
Well, I think it's an example of which officer you get, day of the week, no tea money offered to 'solve the problem', time of the month etc! This officer examined the quality of my two Tor Lor 2s, the thickness of the paper, the print 'quality'. No, one was a copy and not acceptable. :roll: The other matter that may bring a smile. A fairly recent Government initiative to cut red tape, improve efficiency, save paper and the like, including the removal of the requirement to copy the back of an ID card. (In truth, that never saves paper, because the one sheet was put through the copier twice). But I submitted some ID card photocopies, which still had the reverse side on. The officer asked us for our ID cards, photocopied the picture side only on new sheets and threw away my copies. Common sense should have meant accepting my copies with front and back on and reminding me that next time, only the photo side needed to be copied. Would doing that cause confusion in Immigration procedures? But no. Another tree dies. ](*,)
He threw away the copies? Gutted. I would have kicked off at that. At the very least, I would want them tossed petulantly and dismissively in my general direction. I would expect nothing less for my tip, unsolicited or otherwise.

Congratulations on another renewal BTW.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”