Missed 90 day report

Post by mak » December 12, 2020, 6:32 pm

Any idea what the fine is.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Missed 90 day report

Post by Whistler » December 12, 2020, 6:32 pm

500 bhat a day
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 12, 2020, 7:16 pm

Mak Google is a friend

"If you have a long-term visa, or work in Thailand, if you’re late with your 90 day reporting, you will be fined. If you report yourself to immigration, the fine starts at 2,000 baht and goes up by 200 baht every additional day you are late."

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 12, 2020, 7:22 pm

Doodoo wrote:
December 12, 2020, 7:16 pm
Mak Google is a friend

"If you have a long-term visa, or work in Thailand, if you’re late with your 90 day reporting, you will be fined. If you report yourself to immigration, the fine starts at 2,000 baht and goes up by 200 baht every additional day you are late."
I was fined 500 a day in December last year
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » December 12, 2020, 7:58 pm

If just a few days they will let you slide. I was 5 days late last year and the guy said it was OK. I told himI just forgor.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » December 12, 2020, 8:21 pm

What about the 7 day-grace period ? You can make your 90 report 7 days before the due date, or up to 7 days after the due date. Good luck.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 13, 2020, 12:49 am

How many days mak ?? ,, walk in , smile with a nice gift it it will go away.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » December 13, 2020, 5:37 am

If no receipt needed some possibility to halve the fine. Or so I heard....

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 13, 2020, 6:38 am

you can file your 90 days 14 days before to 7 days after expiry date , fines officially are 2.000 to 5.000 baht depending the case , and as always in los this will be all at willingness of the handling officer and your previous attitude at immi will also influence this ....,next time do not forget , mark a calendar ,check the paper in your passport :-k
when your lucky it will be 500 baht no receipt... ;)

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 14, 2020, 2:55 pm

I tried online but timed out on the 90 day icon.

Went to Immigration this morning. No one manning the 90 day desk. A young female officer came from the back room processed my 90 day. Asked why I was late, I said I forgot. She mentioned the 7 day window after the due date. No fine. As I was leaving the 90 day officer arrived. He would not have given me a break.

I was 15 days late.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 16, 2020, 1:25 pm

I was planning to post an outcome here but it didn't happen??

I was due on the 1st of Dec, didn't pick up on it until the 14th Dec. Thinking I was screwed just sat on the situation. I went in this morning to do my annual Retirement Extn. One hiccup but extn. approved, went over to the 90 day report desk, said nothing, just handed my passport to the male officer. He looked at his computer just asked "Ban Dung"? I said "yes" put the yellow receipt in my passport and dismissed me. Not a word about being late!

Hiccup =:-
I go down the 65K Baht transfer/deposit every month. As in past years I went to the bank a few days before (on the 14th) and bought a 12 month Statement and had the antiquated bank book updated. The Statement was OK but after conferring with floor manager the officer throws a hoop at me to jump through, I must now ALSO produce a bank letter dated on the day of my renewal and the LAST transaction shown in the bank book must also be dated the same.

I know that was a requirement down the 800K path but it's the 1st time it's happened to me using the 65K method??? S#it it's hard!!!! OK, it only took me about 15 mins to duck across the road and back. Did not have to queue again, all the paper work was stamped and processed during the time I was away.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » December 16, 2020, 4:19 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
December 16, 2020, 1:25 pm
I was planning to post an outcome here but it didn't happen??

I was due on the 1st of Dec, didn't pick up on it until the 14th Dec. Thinking I was screwed just sat on the situation. I went in this morning to do my annual Retirement Extn. One hiccup but extn. approved, went over to the 90 day report desk, said nothing, just handed my passport to the male officer. He looked at his computer just asked "Ban Dung"? I said "yes" put the yellow receipt in my passport and dismissed me. Not a word about being late!

Hiccup =:-
I go down the 65K Baht transfer/deposit every month. As in past years I went to the bank a few days before (on the 14th) and bought a 12 month Statement and had the antiquated bank book updated. The Statement was OK but after conferring with floor manager the officer throws a hoop at me to jump through, I must now ALSO produce a bank letter dated on the day of my renewal and the LAST transaction shown in the bank book must also be dated the same.

I know that was a requirement down the 800K path but it's the 1st time it's happened to me using the 65K method??? S#it it's hard!!!! OK, it only took me about 15 mins to duck across the road and back. Did not have to queue again, all the paper work was stamped and processed during the time I was away.
When I extended last May using the 65,000 Baht method, I was also required to have the letter and updated bank book as you describe. I was also required to show the source of my income, i.e. pension, investments, etc. I had enquired a few weeks earlier so I had everything the day I applied for the extension.

I have never missed a 90 day report, but have come close to doing so. Now I send myself an email with the report date and leave it in my inbox so that I am reminded of it whenever I check my mail, which is daily.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 16, 2020, 4:54 pm

mak wrote:
December 14, 2020, 2:55 pm
I tried online but timed out on the 90 day icon.

Went to Immigration this morning. No one manning the 90 day desk. A young female officer came from the back room processed my 90 day. Asked why I was late, I said I forgot. She mentioned the 7 day window after the due date. No fine. As I was leaving the 90 day officer arrived. He would not have given me a break.

I was 15 days late.
Mak if you're referring to the guy in the neck brace? I'd say there's fair chance he'd help you, I've always found him to be very pleasant, he's never asked for a tip (unlike his predecessor) and I've always found him to be extremely polite and helpful.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”