Special Tourist Visa (STV) 90 Days

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Special Tourist Visa (STV) 90 Days

Post by Niggly » September 19, 2020, 12:42 pm

Agreed but it’s not exactly going to help attracting the expected high spending tourists who are being targeted to recover the economy between now & Xmas

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 21, 2020, 9:50 am

Niggly wrote:
September 19, 2020, 12:42 pm
Agreed but it’s not exactly going to help attracting the expected high spending tourists who are being targeted to recover the economy between now & Xmas
I don't think any government is targeting any sort of recovery in Q4 of this year. With most target countries now seeing an inexorable rise in cases and deaths, the rather limited excesses of summer holidays and relaxation on social gathering are coming home to roost.

Here's where the STV applicants will be coming from.
cn.jpg
China
And not from here.
in.jpg
India

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » September 21, 2020, 11:04 am

3755687.jpg

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » September 21, 2020, 11:13 am

Yeah, I don't think so.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 21, 2020, 10:51 pm

The topic of this thread is the new 90 day Special Tourist Visa (STV) for admission to Thailand. Off topic posts have been removed.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2020, 7:20 am

What I find really idiotic is the apparent requirement for a self imposed 2 week quarantine in your own country before flying. How the hell does the Thai Government with ZERO enforcement capabilities in their own country, intend to ensure that all VISITORS have complied with that request, in ANOTHER country over which they have zero control.
Cloud Cuckoo Land here we come .

As they say AMAZING THAILAND

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 22, 2020, 7:33 am

only for passengers on private or charter aircraft? Come on.. man.... Here's my prediction. Within 60 days the Chinese will announce a viable vaccine for the virus. The Thai government will accept it as effective. Chinese tourists with vaccination documentation will be allowed in. The Chinese government will provide the vaccine to Thailand at reduced cost or free. Any other potential tourists will either have to provide a certificate of vaccination from the approved vaccine or will have to comply with the restrictions listed above..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2020, 10:08 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 22, 2020, 7:20 am
What I find really idiotic is the apparent requirement for a self imposed 2 week quarantine in your own country before flying. How the hell does the Thai Government with ZERO enforcement capabilities in their own country, intend to ensure that all VISITORS have complied with that request, in ANOTHER country over which they have zero control.
Cloud Cuckoo Land here we come .

As they say AMAZING THAILAND
They don't have to. It's simply another step that the less ardent will find too difficult to do or, more likely will ignore anyway. As long as they have the mandatory 14-day SQ/ASQ with start/end swab tests, the home quarantine is largely irrelevant but may help to limit the amount of +ve swab tests results.

For a recent overseas assignment where I would mobilize through Singapore, the Singapore health authorities applied the same unsupervised and unverifiable 14-day quarantine on me. I stayed home here in Nongbua for 12-days and had a PCR swab test before they suspended their marine crew change facilities for internal review (too many +ve PCR swab tests on arrival buggering up their hot-shot to/from airport/boat). They recently reinstated the crew change facility with no change to the unsupervised and unverifiable 14-day quarantine at home +PCR test before boarding the flight to Singapore but have set up two separate ASQ facilities for inbound and outbound crew so they can await their PCR test results in some sort of seclusion.

The questions I have for you and others is,

A ) If your government imposed this unsupervised and unverifiable 14-day quarantine on you before or after your (hypothetical) return to the UK, would you comply?

B ) If the Thai government weren't supervising the 14-day SQ/ASQ and instead had a quarantine at home rule in place, on your (hypothetical) return to this benighted realm, would you comply?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2020, 10:17 am

Depends the UK use self imposed quarantine IN your own home , unlike here, even if you own your own home, you HAVE to quarantine in a specified hotel at a stupid cost .
Therefore there is NO need to worry about complying in the UK, just self quarantine but what I am saying is that the Thai Govt is insisting what a Foreign national is to do ion their own countries which is stretching credulity too far . Who is going to enforce and provide checks , for damn sure the UK Police will not .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2020, 10:39 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 22, 2020, 10:17 am
Depends the UK use self imposed quarantine IN your own home , unlike here, even if you own your own home, you HAVE to quarantine in a specified hotel at a stupid cost .
Therefore there is NO need to worry about complying in the UK, just self quarantine but what I am saying is that the Thai Govt is insisting what a Foreign national is to do ion their own countries which is stretching credulity too far . Who is going to enforce and provide checks , for damn sure the UK Police will not .
That's the issue isn't it? This 'depends" on this that or the other? This abuse of honesty and trust that the UK authorities are struggling with. FWIW, I know three Brits that submitted the .gov.uk online travel advisory, flew back to the UK, went home and nobody checked if they were quarantining at home. That fits perfectly with your view that "there is NO need to worry about complying in the UK".

Remember the first Thai repatriation flights where the Thai arrivals stormed past the security and army and told anyone who listened that they were Thai and they weren't doing any state quarantine, they were going home? The Thai bashers reveled in that great misstep but only as long as it took the PM to step in and have the army help round up, detain and test the plonkers. Since then, they made the 14-day quarantine something that EVERYONE has to do because they learned and now appreciate that you can't trust everyone, even their own.

Anyway, each to their own. Comparing the infection rate in Thailand with the same in UK, you can see what honesty and trust gets you.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 22, 2020, 3:02 pm

Video: Want to visit Thailand? Here is how to apply for a Special Tourist Visa

https://youtu.be/QiU9SppsvJs

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”