Kor Ror 2 still available (maybe)

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Kor Ror 2 still available (maybe)

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 9, 2020, 12:00 pm

SWMBO’s just got back from the Amphur (Non Sa-At) with a new KR2 they said that though they normally wouldn’t do it as it’s not considered important because it’s for an extension and they are not busy they did it for us.

I will still need to find out if the new extension applies to regular annual extensions and if they are still accepting applications in the usual way. My earliest date to apply is Wednesday next week.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Kor Ror 2 still available (maybe)

Post by semperfiguy » April 9, 2020, 1:22 pm

On May 15th I will go for my annual extension of stay for reason of marriage to a Thai spouse, and I'm wondering if there will be a problem at that time to get the updated KR2 from Amphur Nong Bua. What do we do if they will not be able to provide that document, yet Immigration still insists on having it? If I go now and am able to secure the KR2, will Immigration accept it being 5 weeks old? It's all just a crap shoot isn't it?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 9, 2020, 1:41 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 9, 2020, 1:22 pm
On May 15th I will go for my annual extension of stay for reason of marriage to a Thai spouse, and I'm wondering if there will be a problem at that time to get the updated KR2 from Amphur Nong Bua. What do we do if they will not be able to provide that document, yet Immigration still insists on having it? If I go now and am able to secure the KR2, will Immigration accept it being 5 weeks old? It's all just a crap shoot isn't it?
What is the date of your extension? If in June I would not go and try to get it just yet. I think that up to 30 days is OK and it maybe that if your Amphur is not issuing it it will not be needed, but if they refuse get the name and number of the officer so you can give it to immigration.

I will be calling Udon next week to see the state of play and if I can get through and if I am going in will see if there is a chance to ask about the KR2

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2020, 6:51 pm

Udon amphur aren't issuing anything as of last Tuesday. However, you SHOULD be able to get the kor ror song from ANY amphur as it's a nationwide database. Maybe SFG can check at Nong Sa-at if Nongbua is challenged?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 9, 2020, 6:54 pm

I'm ignorant, what is Kor Ror 2?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 9, 2020, 7:02 pm

Semper Fi Guy.. Do you mean Tambon Nong Bua? They are serviced at the Amphoe Muang office for KR2 and other paperwork.
Dave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 9, 2020, 11:01 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 9, 2020, 6:54 pm
The KR 2 is only issued to a married Thai person, so it is proof that on the date issued there had been no divorce.

So proof of a current marriage.

A KR 22 is given if the marriage was not in Thailand and involves registering the foreign marriage here and there are quite a few documents needed.

KR 3 are the 2 pretty marriage certificates

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 10, 2020, 6:25 am

Ok thanks for that, I suppose I will need one if I decide to change to a marriage visa? I have just sent my UK marriage certificate back to the UK foreign office to have it verified as being genuine and had it signed off by the Thai Embassy in London, we did get married in Thailand too but never registered it, seemed a bit pointless really. So, I’m assuming even though I did this I will need KR2 every year?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/se ... ation.html
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 10, 2020, 6:40 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 9, 2020, 6:54 pm
<answered, deleted>

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 10, 2020, 6:46 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 10, 2020, 6:25 am
Ok thanks for that, I suppose I will need one if I decide to change to a marriage visa? I have just sent my UK marriage certificate back to the UK foreign office to have it verified as being genuine and had it signed off by the Thai Embassy in London, we did get married in Thailand too but never registered it, seemed a bit pointless really. So, I’m assuming even though I did this I will need KR2 every year?

Yes, they always want a "fresh" kor ror 2.

They also have started asking for a kor ror 5 if your partner took on your surname in lieu of her Thai maiden name.

Stick with the Retirement Ext!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 10, 2020, 6:57 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 10, 2020, 6:25 am

That doesn’t scan, Unless you only have the Buddhist ceremony in Thailand so not officially married.

If so then once the verification process is finished and you registered the foreign marriage with the amphur you will need a K.R.22

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 10, 2020, 6:58 am

Trouble is I’d have to ship more money over from the UK and at 40 baht I can’t say I’m that keen to do that. At the moment we’re still living at 57 baht because I exchanged 5 years ago or thereabouts, seems sensible to use that money for as long as we can.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 10, 2020, 7:03 am

We are officially married in the UK, the marriage in Thailand was so she could have the monks and family etc, the wife still uses her maiden name in Thailand, to have changed it would have made a few things like the apartments a bit trickier so she left it as is. In any case I think it might have been illegal to register the Thai marriage as well? So I’m guessing it’ll be KR22 for us?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 10, 2020, 7:11 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 10, 2020, 7:03 am
We are officially married in the UK, the marriage in Thailand was so she could have the monks and family etc, the wife still uses her maiden name in Thailand, to have changed it would have made a few things like the apartments a bit trickier so she left it as is. In any case I think it might have been illegal to register the Thai marriage as well? So I’m guessing it’ll be KR22 for us?
Correct it is illegal to marry if already married, and yes you will need a KR22.
Kor Ror 1 = Birth certificate
Kor Ror 2 = Extract from population registry
Kor Ror 3 = Marriage certificate
Kor Ror 22 = Registration of family status (needed if marriage abroad)
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 10, 2020, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 10, 2020, 7:12 am

My US mate married his Thai wife in Panama for reasons better known to himself and she was having a cow when her local Amphur said "cannot" after she fronted up with just her "Panama papers" and wanted a Thai wedding certificate as well.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 10, 2020, 11:19 am

semperfiguy wrote:
April 9, 2020, 1:22 pm
I went for mine march 13 , had a KR22 just over 2 weeks old . The website said within 6 months another visa site said within 30 days so i thought ok . But no ,They told me have to be within 7 days at udon

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”