retirement visa extension based on 800.000 in bank

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: retirement visa extension based on 800.000 in bank

Post by FrazeeDK » February 28, 2020, 6:59 pm

yes, and I understand why some do it.. Talked to a very old fellow in his 80's who told me he goes the visa broker route since there's no way he can afford the health insurance at his age nor could likely get it..

Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 29, 2020, 9:32 am

Those whop ridicule the acquisition of Visas by an agent are forgetting that many due to Age, Illness , and many reasons including the appalling Exchange rate, and that fact that maybe due to age their Income is static , have great difficulty arranging a Visa .
They in main are assisting in the running of their families, enabling people to live, eat and often going to school . Paying the bills and generally acting like good providers. Not as some would label them as free-loaders, scum or even drunkards, but ever since the Income letters were stopped by many countries, then that avenue was closed , not because the income went down , but the sheer paperwork that would need to be required i9n order for information normally classified as private be made public for the information of the Thai Authorities . Which many companies would NEVER provide quoting privacy Laws, which seem not to apply here.
Judging by the Stock market actions of the last few days, I suspect there may be a few more falling under the Radar and requiring the so-called Back door Visa until exchange rates and markets stabilise .
So be as critical as you like , one person I know is bemoaning the current situation if he had to leave, his wife and three children plus the extended family would need financial help from the Thai Government and we all know that is almost non-existent . Not because he would not pay, but that in truth unless he is here, the money may not be spent as it should be . We have all been in that boat and seen the outcome.

Sopme have used Visa Agents for years, some the first and possible the last time, due to uncontrollable financial actions by countries externally and in some cases internally, by keeping Currency Values higher than normal . Which is an interesting point as Thailand is NOW complaining ion some quarters of the weak Baht .You could not make it up could you .
Finally, bear a thought for those that need an Agent, often it is NOT of their making .

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 29, 2020, 10:00 am

but be honest about it.. For people that retain a visa broker to circumvent the rules, policies, and laws, it is indeed visa fraud. Yes, winked and nodded at by the bureaucracy and most assuredly a corrupt practice. Yes, some folks could not stay here without using them. But illegal nonetheless...
Dave

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 29, 2020, 10:08 am

Is using an agent illegal ? Surely the agent and the corrupt IO are the people committing the offence for a hefty payoff.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 29, 2020, 10:41 am

Some who use them may well be your friends , using them because of extrernal forces, nothing to do with them per se . May be considered by some to be illegal in the true sense of the word but by others godsend . Being dismissive throws into stark reality mans uncompassionate nature and I am sure a friend asked you for advice you would give it even if that advice was iffy. Being compassionate is what makes us human and alive .
Nothing in this world is black and white except of course colours.!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » February 29, 2020, 11:20 am

I hope you extend the same compassion to all the immigrants in the UK who bend the rules to stay in the country. If not, you are a hypocrite.

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 1, 2020, 11:27 am

Do somebody know if you need proof of Health care insurance when you renew the retirement visa (non Marriage ) in Udon immigration office

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 1, 2020, 11:59 am

To get the true answer to that question Mike

Thai Immigration – Udon Thani
95 Posri road Tambon Mak Khaeng Amphoe Mueang
Changwat Udonthani

Telephone : 0 4224 9982 – 3
Fax : 0 4224 9984

Email : [email protected]

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 1, 2020, 12:09 pm

samster wrote:
February 29, 2020, 11:20 am
I hope you extend the same compassion to all the immigrants in the UK who bend the rules to stay in the country. If not, you are a hypocrite.
When I was working officially, many times I did battle with the Home Office for immigrants as the paperwork they had been sent was not clearly u8nderstood , There were always CASES THAT NEEDED GUIDANCE AND ASSISTANCE , which I was pleased to supply for FREE , as unlike here, 99.8% British Police are not on the take !

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 1, 2020, 12:13 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 1, 2020, 11:27 am
Do somebody know if you need proof of Health care insurance when you renew the retirement visa (non Marriage ) in Udon immigration office
Based on reports so far:

- if original visa is Non-O ...... insurance not required

- if original visa is Non-OA ....... approved insurance is required

ps if you decide to contact Udon Immo by phone and/or email, and have success in getting an answer, please report back here with your experience. There has not been any positive reports so far to my knowledge.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 1, 2020, 12:22 pm

Oh , he will get an answer alright . Whether that answer applies the next day or to a different I O is the million dollar question .

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 1, 2020, 2:03 pm

Ok " Doodoo " not reply would of being and done the same thing, Thank you " jackspratt " for your reply but is a Non-O or a Non-OA visa the same as retirement visa because on my passport the visa only say retirement visa it does have a number, thanks to all of you that as the kindness of replying in a wisdom attitude

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 1, 2020, 2:20 pm

Mike the "retirement" visa generically refers to a Non-OA visa - but not 100% of course.

Somewhere on the initial visa stamp or sticker you used to move to Thailand - probably issued in your home country - there should be a section called CATEGORY ie O or OA

I note from the Thai Embassy website for Canada that O visas are issued for a maximum of 90 days, and OA visas for 1 year. This may be an indication of the type you have if you cannot see anything under CATEGORY.

Scroll down this page to see a visa issued in Vancouver. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/105741 ... ment-visa/

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 1, 2020, 3:17 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 1, 2020, 2:03 pm
Thank you " jackspratt " for your reply but is a Non-O or a Non-OA visa the same as retirement visa because on my passport the visa only say retirement visa it does have a number, thanks to all of you that as the kindness of replying in a wisdom attitude
As has been mentioned you almost certainly do not have a visa now. You did have one when you entered Thailand but if it was a single entry it was then marked as used.
9CB987AE-3CBA-4C40-9A1C-2DA612CE15FC.jpeg
now dead Visa: Non-O
You got a permission to stay from the border IO
89835AEF-1CAE-41DA-B714-2A1E410A3A14.jpeg
You then extended the permission to stay not the visa as a visa can never be extended
9C66ABB8-F3B8-4F91-80F8-89C369B9F610.jpeg
Extension of stay, not a visa

So the question is which VISA did you have when you started extending the permission to stay you got when you entered and used the visa.
80988460-7AAE-45E2-9A2B-DCD001D92E51.jpeg
now dead Visa: Non-OA
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on March 1, 2020, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 1, 2020, 3:59 pm

Hey guy's I thank you very much for your clever answers this help me to understands what I have with out goes through and try to talk to thai immigration, my visa is a Non-O-A visa when I get in Thailand and change it to retirement, so I guest that my retirement visa is a Non-O-A retirement Visa

Greeting to all of you

Mike

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 1, 2020, 4:01 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 1, 2020, 3:59 pm
Hey guy's I thank you very much for your clever answers this help me to understands what I have with out goes through and try to talk to thai immigration, my visa is a Non-O-A visa when I get in Thailand and change it to retirement, so I guest that my retirement visa is a Non-O-A retirement Visa

Greeting to all of you

Mike
Your extension of stay is from a Non OA or a Non O you have no visa now.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on March 1, 2020, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 1, 2020, 4:10 pm

I need to renew My Non-O retirement visa at the 06 June of this years and I just look very carefully at the visa when I came in Thailand in 2018 it a Non-O so if i understands what " sometimewoodworker ' have say I do not need insurance, cause my Retirement vise will expire at the date that it mark on it in my passport 6 June 2020

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 1, 2020, 4:24 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 1, 2020, 4:10 pm
I need to renew My Non-O retirement visa at the 06 June of this years and I just look very carefully at the visa when I came in Thailand in 2018 it a Non-O so if i understands what " sometimewoodworker ' have say I do not need insurance, cause my Retirement vise will expire at the date that it mark on it in my passport 6 June 2020
You really need to be sure exactly what you have now.

Do you still have a visa?
Do you have an extension of a permission to stay?

You are calling them both visas. They are not both visas

You can NEVER EXTEND A VISA.
You can NEVER RENEW A VISA.

You can get a new VISA
You can extend a permission to stay.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 1, 2020, 4:26 pm

Mike-Quebec wrote:
March 1, 2020, 4:10 pm
To be clear please post pictures of what you have with your personal information redacted in the same way as I have done.

Mike-Quebec
udonmap.com

Post by Mike-Quebec » March 1, 2020, 4:45 pm

Here it is
Attachments
refill.jpg
refill 2.jpg

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”