Experiences with renewing Non 'O' Retirement Extension based 65K Deposits

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Experiences with renewing Non 'O' Retirement Extension based 65K Deposits

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 20, 2019, 3:02 pm

A friend went into the Udon Thani Immigration Office to do his extension early in the month armed with Thai Bank statements, transfer documentation and home country bank printouts. The yellow shirted 'bull pen' boss insisted on seeing where his government pension statement was and where it appeared in his printouts? Being a self funded retiree he tried to explain that he was not entitled to a government pension and his income was derived from business interests and share trading. Apparently the IO was not impressed or completely ignorant to the term 'Self Funded' and sent my friend packing.

He went back a few days later armed with over 100 pages of his company's financial statements and share trading receipts as well as his girl friend and their daughter. A different IO (female, been there for years) interviewed him and after only producing a few pages was granted his extension. NO HASSLES and NO mention of health insurance even though the brain dead yellow shirt he saw earlier was looking on. (I'm thinking it was the baby that did the trick! 5555)
------------------------------------------------
I went in today armed with Bank Statement, BhatSmart Statement and a few pages of my home bank statements (via internet banking), I had blacked out all relevant account numbers etc. for obvious reasons. The yellow shirt called us over before I had the opportunity to get a queue number and wanted to see my paper work. When it came to the BhatSmart and home bank statements he had NO idea what he was looking at or how to tie the paper (money) trail together, asked TW where my money came from, she just said Australia. After a bit of jerking around with TM30 (address) BS at the 90 day counter my extension was done and dusted in 20 minutes. No mention of either pensions (I'm not entitled to one as well) or health insurance in my case.

Hints:-
Definitely take TW (or TGF) with you complete with her family book. Take as much paperwork as possible to confuse the f@*k out of them. Worked in both our cases!

Looking forward to the new hoop locations next year.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Experiences with renewing Non 'O' Retirement Extension based 65K Deposits

Post by RLTrader » December 20, 2019, 4:42 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
December 20, 2019, 3:02 pm
A friend went into the Udon Thani Immigration Office to do his extension early in the month armed with Thai Bank statements, transfer documentation and home country bank printouts. The yellow shirted 'bull pen' boss insisted on seeing where his government pension statement was and where it appeared in his printouts? Being a self funded retiree he tried to explain that he was not entitled to a government pension and his income was derived from business interests and share trading. Apparently the IO was not impressed or completely ignorant to the term 'Self Funded' and sent my friend packing.

He went back a few days later armed with over 100 pages of his company's financial statements and share trading receipts as well as his girl friend and their daughter. A different IO (female, been there for years) interviewed him and after only producing a few pages was granted his extension. NO HASSLES and NO mention of health insurance even though the brain dead yellow shirt he saw earlier was looking on. (I'm thinking it was the baby that did the trick! 5555)
I went in today armed with Bank Statement, BhatSmart Statement and a few pages of my home bank statements (via internet banking), I had blacked out all relevant account numbers etc. for obvious reasons. The yellow shirt called us over before I had the opportunity to get a queue number and wanted to see my paper work. When it came to the BhatSmart and home bank statements he had NO idea what he was looking at or how to tie the paper (money) trail together, asked TW where my money came from, she just said Australia. After a bit of jerking around with TM30 (address) BS at the 90 day counter my extension was done and dusted in 20 minutes. No mention of either pensions (I'm not entitled to one as well) or health insurance in my case.

Hints:-
Definitely take TW (or TGF) with you complete with her family book. Take as much paperwork as possible to confuse the f@*k out of them. Worked in both our cases!

Looking forward to the new hoop locations next year.
=D> :lol:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 21, 2019, 7:01 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
December 20, 2019, 3:02 pm

NO HASSLES and NO mention of health insurance even though the brain dead yellow shirt he saw earlier was looking on. (I'm thinking it was the baby that did the trick! 5555)
Both of those are interesting and useful for people using the income option.

To make them really helpful there is one rather important piece of information missing though. That is what was the original visa entry, without knowing for sure if it was a Non-O (normal for needing no insurance) or a Non-OA where not needing insurance is big news.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 21, 2019, 7:49 am

"To make them really helpful there is one rather important piece of information missing though. That is what was the original visa entry, without knowing for sure if it was a Non-O (normal for needing no insurance) or a Non-OA where not needing insurance is big news."

Best way is to head to the Immigration Office and ask
One can spend endless hours on the internet looking for answers regarding insurance requirements. Go and ask the Boss at Immigration for clarification each time as rules change at the flip of a coin

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 21, 2019, 8:41 am

OBVIOUSLY we both are extending Non Imm "O" visas. Every IO station in the office has the official extension requirements (in English) sited in clear view for all visa types. I only mentioned insurance to assure members that it was not a requirement for Non "O" extensions.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”