800k in fixed account, need same day bank letter before hitting immigration Udon Thani

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Tartempion
udonmap.com

800k in fixed account, need same day bank letter before hitting immigration Udon Thani

Post by Tartempion » October 21, 2019, 3:21 pm

I put 800k in a fixed account and need to renew my retirement Extension at immi z Udon next week.
Previously used the embassy affidavit letter. It seems I will not get the affidavit until somewhere next week due to misunderstanding with my embassy.

Question: do I first need to obtain a same day confirmation letter from the bank or can I just show the bank book showing money is locked for 6 months. I also have funds in a normal savings account I can show immigration.
Account is with Siam Commercial at Central shopping mall, bank opening at 10.30 or 11am.
I usually hit immi before 9am....

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: 800k in fixed account, need same day bank letter before hitting immigration Udon Thani

Post by Doodoo » October 21, 2019, 4:03 pm

I have always hit the bank the same day for a letter (200 baht I believe) and then Immigration. They will want to see the Bank Book also but the letter is a must.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: 800k in fixed account, need same day bank letter before hitting immigration Udon Thani

Post by parrot » October 21, 2019, 4:17 pm

"They will want to see the Bank Book also but the letter is a must." And I've always been told to do it on the same day as you go to Immigration.
FWIW......over the past few years my wife and I have gone to immigration sometime during the middle of the week (T/W/T) and around 2PM. The morning rush is gone by then, the officials are all back from lunch, and the end of the work day is in sight.

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » October 21, 2019, 6:04 pm

Ok then, bank at 11 and immi at 13 unless the affidavit reaches me Monday, doubtful...

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 21, 2019, 6:12 pm

Money must be in account for min 3 months.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 22, 2019, 7:19 am

Tartempion wrote:
October 21, 2019, 3:21 pm
Question: do I first need to obtain a same day confirmation letter from the bank or can I just show the bank book showing money is locked for 6 months. I also have funds in a normal savings account I can show immigration.
Account is with Siam Commercial at Central shopping mall, bank opening at 10.30 or 11am.
I usually hit immi before 9am....
You need the same day letter.
Tartempion wrote:
October 21, 2019, 6:04 pm
Ok then, bank at 11 and immi at 13 unless the affidavit reaches me Monday, doubtful...
You do not need to wait until 11am. There is a big SCB branch about 500 metres further along From immagration, they open at 8:30 they will do the letter for you.

You do not need to go to the branch where you hold the account, any branch will do.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » October 22, 2019, 7:26 am

fatbob wrote:
October 21, 2019, 6:12 pm
Money must be in account for at least 2 months before filing date, seems since January 800.000 must remain 3 months after extension, I guess this is what you mean by “must be in account for min 3 months?”

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 22, 2019, 10:22 am

Tartempion wrote:
October 22, 2019, 7:26 am
fatbob wrote:
October 21, 2019, 6:12 pm
Money must be in account for at least 2 months before filing date, seems since January 800.000 must remain 3 months after extension, I guess this is what you mean by “must be in account for min 3 months?”
Absolutely correct under the new rule, however so far all reports have said that Udon is still following the old rules: 3 months before and no time after. Though with the report on insurance now being required, it isn’t clear exactly what the situation is today

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 23, 2019, 7:54 am

as to what i remember first time i extended based on retirement the money had to be in bank 2 months prior to extension application , (not expiry date) , and the next extensions 3 months , i was told also long ago (6years) the money can not be in a fixed account ? , but maybe again it has changed ?... :-k

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 23, 2019, 8:20 am

kopkei wrote:
October 23, 2019, 7:54 am
as to what i remember first time i extended based on retirement the money had to be in bank 2 months prior to extension application , (not expiry date) , and the next extensions 3 months , i was told also long ago the money can not be in a fixed account ? , but maybe again it has changed ?... :-k
The rules on seasoned money were correct.

The published rules have changed

It is not clear that Udon IOs are following most/all/few of the changes.
New Retirement: 800k 2 months before applying and 3 months after the extension date, then not less than 400k at all times.

So if Udon is asking for 800k for 3 months before the application and nothing after, as they seem to be doing, I suggest that complaining about having to put the money in for 3 months before applying is a rather poor choice.

As to the fixed account if you can not withdraw the money without notice then that account will not be accepted.
If you can withdraw the money immediately (you may loose interest) the account should be accepted.
So it should depend on what kind of fixed account you want to hold.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » October 25, 2019, 7:12 am

kopkei wrote:
October 23, 2019, 7:54 am
as to what i remember first time i extended based on retirement the money had to be in bank 2 months prior to extension application , (not expiry date) , and the next extensions 3 months , i was told also long ago (6years) the money can not be in a fixed account ? , but maybe again it has changed ?... :-k

When i used to do retirement extension ,i only ever had a fixed rate account (2 years ) it was always accepted ,that was 13-16 years ago ,then onto extension based on marriage same fixed rate account ,(i always keep[ the minimum in the account ,first it was 800,000 bht then down to 400,000bht ,,for a safety zone for any serious medical expenses ,)I was once questioned on access to the account ,i showed them the loss of interest clause if closing the account , this was accepted ,on the extension based on retirement it would seen Udon I/O is still using the 3 month seasoning prior to application , and only 2 months seasoning for extension based on marriage ,,,,i now don't have any personal experience on retirement extension ( as i've been on the extension based on marriage for a long time now ) but my friend who i have to most times take does the extension based on retirement using funds in a fixed rate account ,no problems ,this is at Udon I/O

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » November 1, 2019, 4:20 pm

Finally gave them a new affidavit, no questions asked, no need for 800k in the bank...

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”