tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by tamada » August 22, 2020, 12:31 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 22, 2020, 11:35 am
tamada wrote:
August 22, 2020, 9:12 am
^ Update. The guy in ASQ paid around 29,000 baht for Coach o/w on Cathay Pacific with a short stopover in HKG.
From?
Arranged by?
From Canada and booked by the RTE in Ottawa.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 22, 2020, 1:05 pm

Just to add that, more ASQ hotels are coming on all the time.

However, as the flights become more "falang orientated", as repatriation of Thais slows, there may be less availability. It will be a movable feast.

There is also the newly mooted possibility of quarantine in Phuket etc.

There are a few FB groups aimed specifically at individuals in my situation (not married, no B Visa etc) who are desperate to return to our homes in Thailand and resume our lives. They provide a wealth of information if you ignore the crap and people who dont seem to know their arses from their elbows.

If you read these, there are some truly sad stories out there of people being unable to see new born kids etc. I'm one of the lucky ones.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 22, 2020, 2:45 pm

Just on the issue of today's ASQ Hotels Packages and their current Offer Pricing

The ASQ Hotels Packages/Pricing should get more competitive, when they have to fight/compete over the slim pickings of those Foreign Tourists who opt to re-enter for whatever reason, over the next few month. The ASQ Hotels have probably initially priced their Packages in the hope that Thai Government would open the flood gates to a larger number of Foreign Tourists and hence the tourists would have little option but to pay someone those prices. Let’s not call it a Cartel. But that has happened

Equally the Foreign Tourists have not rushed back or shown their immediate desperation, to return to Thailand under the current restrictions, so the demand for these ASQ rooms has not exceeded the supply. Hopefully, market forces will prevail and so pull the Hotel Package prices back into a more competitive line.

As an example the Movenpick (Ploenchit) are offering a Deluxe Room of 42 m2, for B 60,300 for 14 nights, which on the surface equates to an average of B 4,307 per night. Adjusting for the add on’s and excluding for the services of the Nurse, it is probably more like B 3,500 per night charge out rate for the Room and Meals.

Given, breakfast is normally included in some of these Room rates, I would estimate that the Movenpick (Ploenchit) is charging around B 3,500 for the Room and 2 extra Meals, under this Package arrangement, for a Deluxe of 42 m2 room. This Hotel is arguably rated at 5 Stars and is in Ploenchit, with an Agoda Rating of 8.6.

The Grande Center Point Hotel, is also in Ploenchit, also with a 5 Star rating and an Agoda Rating of 8.5. Plus it is closer to Sukhumvit Rood and equally luxurious from the room pictures. It offers a Superior Suite of 38 m2 with breakfast and also Deluxe Balcony room of similar size, for under B 2,000 per night. Much less than what Movenpick appears to be changing per night

Sofitel Bangkok, Soi 13-15 Sukhumvit Road, also 5 Star, with and Agoda Rating of 8.9 and equally luxurious from the room pictures, offers its Luxury room of 37m2, with breakfast for around B 2,600 per night. Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Soi 6, also 5 Star, is priced similar.

Whilst it is hard to compare and Apple to and Apple with Hotels, it does seem that Movenpick (Ploenchit) aren’t offering the most competitive price for a room, with two extra meals, if my price adjustment are correct.

Just my 2 cents worth

Pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 23, 2020, 4:51 pm

let them also offer as part of the package a COVID-19 insurance policy meeting the Thai government's requirements..
Dave

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 23, 2020, 7:51 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:51 pm
let them also offer as part of the package a COVID-19 insurance policy meeting the Thai government's requirements..
Yes, but then the Hotels would only offer the Insurance Cover for the 2 weeks of your Stay with them.

Whereas the Thai Government from what I understand, want the Foreigner who re-enters, to take out his insurance cover, for total period up until his Visa expires. More premium money for someone to share around. \:D/

pipoz4444

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 26, 2020, 8:00 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 20, 2020, 4:21 pm

STWW: Can I ask which Thai Insurance Company is presently offering Long Stay Medical Insurance at a Premium of TB 12,0000, with 200,000 excess, that the Thai Immigration will willingly accept for the purpose of extending ones Long Stay visas.

pipoz4444
I found a reference to the insurance required for an OA entry, extension of stay

LMG Insurance Plan 1 policy (with 200K deductible) which is the cheapest option to meet the insurance requirement > annual premium of 6.000 to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 to 75 years, it does not require a medical to subscribe to it
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2020, 2:53 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 20, 2020, 10:41 pm
STWW,

I should add that Friend No 2 is very closely attached to a female, well up the food chain of Thai Immigration, at the largest TI Office in BKK and it is her that has advised him that his USD 100,000 Covid -19 Insurance Policy will need to cover him, for the full remaining period of his One Year Retirement Visa (Permission to Stay), i.e. up to the date of when it is due to be extended.

As to whether he can get a 4.5 month Policy from one of the rouge Companies, I don't know. If not, then he will need to cough up for a full 12 months.

Maybe in due course TI will formally drop the specific requirement for Covid-19 from the policy coverage and just insist that any Foreigner re-entering has his/hers USD 100,000 worth of of Policy coverage.

But at this time for any Foreigner planning on leaving Thailand soon and then shortly return, the requirement as to what Insurance Policy he must have in his pocket when he walk back through the BBK Airport, is anything but certain. [-(

pipoz4444
Wasn't too far of the mark

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/118072 ... paign=news

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 5, 2020, 12:25 pm

Some questions related to the Non Imm "O" Visa

Q1. For a Non Imm "O" Visa (which I understand is good for 90 days before you have to extend), is there a MINIMUM Number of DAYS, that you have to stay inside the Country in Thailand, in a 12 Month Period, if you are on a Non Imm "O" Visa.

Q2. Can you enter Thailand on a Tourist Visa, then convert over to Non Imm "O" Visa?

Q3. Once you have that Non Imm "O" Visa, I understand that you must then apply to /get permission from Thai Immigration to leave Thailand - Is that correct?

Q4. Once you have permission from Thai Immigration to leave Thailand, can you then leave Thailand for six months on your Non Imm "O" Visa and then return?? or is that too long to be out of the Country

pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 5, 2020, 12:30 pm

Q1 no minimum days
Q2 yes you change your visa
Q3 No you can have a multiple re entry or pay for a 1 off exit return
Q4 If on 1 year visa you can leave till just before visa expires if one wishes to

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 5, 2020, 12:34 pm

noosard wrote:
December 5, 2020, 12:30 pm
Q1 no minimum days
Q2 yes you change your visa
Q3 No you can have a multiple re entry or pay for a 1 off exit return
Q4 If on 1 year visa you can leave till just before visa expires if one wishes to
Thanks noosard for the prompt reply

I am looking to take a month off from work around the middle of next year, (assuming Thai Imm is open to a 30 days Tourists at the time), then go through the process of getting my Non Imm O Visa in Thailand and then pop back out of Thailand to do another 12 months of work, before my eventual retirement.

pipoz4444

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2020, 2:05 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 5, 2020, 12:34 pm

I am looking to take a month off from work around the middle of next year, (assuming Thai Imm is open to a 30 days Tourists at the time), then go through the process of getting my Non Imm O Visa in Thailand and then pop back out of Thailand to do another 12 months of work, before my eventual retirement.

pipoz4444
That is not going to work as you will not have enough time in Thailand. The only way it could work is if you plan to take another trip about 2 ½ months later.

To get a Non-O in Thailand (if for retirement) you will need to apply more than 15 days before your permission to stay expires (your Non-O will start on the expiration of the permission to stay) and to get that Non-O you MUST bring in 800,000 from outside Thailand, you can not use funds in Thailand. Then up to 30 days before the end of that you can apply for an extension, that extension requires 800,000 in the bank but money in Thailand is OK for that.

30 day visa exempt entry has been suspended and, in my opinion, is unlikely to be back that soon, so you will need either a tourist visa or Non-O/Non-OA

So all in all don’t bother until you are going to be in Thailand long term.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 5, 2020, 2:13 pm

December 5, 2020, 2:05 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 5, 2020, 12:34 pm

pipoz4444
That is not going to work as you will not have enough time in Thailand. The only way it could work is if you plan to take another trip about 2 ½ months later.

To get a Non-O in Thailand (if for retirement) you will need to apply more than 15 days before your permission to stay expires (your Non-O will start on the expiration of the permission to stay) and to get that Non-O you MUST bring in 800,000 from outside Thailand, you can not use funds in Thailand. Then up to 30 days before the end of that you can apply for an extension, that extension requires 800,000 in the bank but money in Thailand is OK for that.

30 day visa exempt entry has been suspended and, in my opinion, is unlikely to be back that soon, so you will need either a tourist visa or Non-O/Non-OA

So all in all don’t bother until you are going to be in Thailand long term.
OK thanks STWW

Looks like I will just have to wait until I decide to finish working over here :-k :-k

pipoz4444

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2020, 3:42 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 5, 2020, 2:13 pm
OK thanks STWW

Looks like I will just have to wait until I decide to finish working over here :-k :-k

pipoz4444
My suggestion, if it is available from where you are, when coming up to retirement is to get a Non-O from your local embassy unless you have a need or use to bring in 800,000 from outside Thailand.

The alternative that may be available by then, if your local embassy won’t issue a Non-O, would be a quick visa run to Laos as it’s likely that once things get mostly back to normal (your timeline may be enough) that Vientiane will be issuing Non-O visas again.

My personal choice would be to avoid the Non-OA because of the insurance regulations, you may have a different view point.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 5, 2020, 6:21 pm

I hope it never comes to this, but I think any future Visa or VISA exempt entry, Thailand might start requiring some type of insurance for the duration of stay. Again, I hope it never comes to this, but I have a feeling it just might.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 5, 2020, 6:23 pm

August 26, 2020, 8:00 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
August 20, 2020, 4:21 pm

STWW: Can I ask which Thai Insurance Company is presently offering Long Stay Medical Insurance at a Premium of TB 12,0000, with 200,000 excess, that the Thai Immigration will willingly accept for the purpose of extending ones Long Stay visas.

pipoz4444
I found a reference to the insurance required for an OA entry, extension of stay

LMG Insurance Plan 1 policy (with 200K deductible) which is the cheapest option to meet the insurance requirement > annual premium of 6.000 to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 to 75 years, it does not require a medical to subscribe to it
That price range is very doable.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 5, 2020, 7:14 pm

Maybe pip you could enquire with an agent on any options. Before you come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 5, 2020, 8:13 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 5, 2020, 6:21 pm
I hope it never comes to this, but I think any future Visa or VISA exempt entry, Thailand might start requiring some type of insurance for the duration of stay. Again, I hope it never comes to this, but I have a feeling it just might.
Hi Ken

I am almost sure that it will in the future, maybe the very near future - requiring all Foreigners, both currently residing in Thailand and those looking to come in and retire to Thailand down the track, to have Medical Insurance Cover. The days for Foreigners living in Thailand for any long stay period, without having Medical Insurance in Thailand, are numbered, in my view. It will almost certainly be applied to new Applications from Foreigners and in all probability be part of the process with Thai Immigration for those when one extending their Stay Visa.

Covid-19 has allowed Government to introduce the need for Medical Insurance and Other, into their Visa entry criteria/requirements, without too much objection from anyone and now that it is a part of the entry or stay process, I am convinced the Government will keep it in place for a very long time. It benefits the Thai Insurance Company balance sheets and brings much needed revenue, into the country. :-k :-k and does directly impact on the Thai nationals.

So, I bit the bullet and decided to finalize my Medical Insurance Plan with one of two Thai Companies. Opting for a Medical Insurance Plan for the longer term and I will start the Policy off in January 2021, even though I will not be retiring to Thailand for another 12-15 months. As a Farang friend in a similar boat to me said, "F..ck it, just have to jump this hurdle and move on". :guitar: :guitar: Reason being, I wish to start the policy before I turn 65. It will allow me to enter as a Tourist, covering me on my short stay holidays and I will continue on with that same Policy when in my retirement. At my Age 64, the yearly Premium (for IPD & OPD) will range between B 41,000 to 82,000, depending on the amount of Deductible that I choose to have with it. I am opting for something in the middle of the range. :lol: :roll:

I expect it is something that we will all have to live with, if as a Foreigner, we wish to live Long Stay in Thailand, in the future. I can also see a similar long stay immigration requirement coming into Vietnam and Cambodia over the next 12 months, reading between the lines where both countries appear to be re-drafting their Immigration Policies towards long stay or retiree Foreigners. Just another part of the cost of living in a Foreign land. :-k :-k

pipoz444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on December 5, 2020, 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2020, 9:23 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
It is already the case for COVID-19. That is another reason for preferring a Non-O

All The speculation regarding medical insurance apart for other extensions is in my opinion pointless, there are numerous reasons for, or against, its introduction.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 5, 2020, 10:47 pm

December 5, 2020, 9:23 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
It is already the case for COVID-19. That is another reason for preferring a Non-O

All The speculation regarding medical insurance apart for other extensions is in my opinion pointless, there are numerous reasons for, or against, its introduction.
Let me rephrase, health insurance.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 5, 2020, 10:55 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 5, 2020, 10:47 pm
December 5, 2020, 9:23 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:

Let me rephrase, health insurance.
Sure that’s exactly what I was talking about. Health insurance for visas is certainly possible, maybe likely.

For other than extensions than from OA faintly possible but not worth worrying about. It will or won’t happen and until there is something from official sources no point speculating.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”