90 Day check on Visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Sakhonnick » January 13, 2015, 3:37 pm

I have a B Visa with work permit, i have to report every 90days at immigration

My Visa is issued in Songkhla ( i work offshore ) month on/off

I went back to work and forgot my passport i sent the 90day form signed to my wife and she went to Sakon Nakhon Immigration to get the 90day re-done, They said as of Jan 1 2015, 90 day checks must be done at Immigration of where Visa is from??? she had to EMS my passport to Songkla and the girl in the office did it.

Now in the past i have done the 90day check at Sakon Nakhon but i went myself no problems

The girl in Songkla told me when she asked the Immigration officer about this he said he had never heard of this rule??

Yip you got it Amazing Thailand again..they dont know if they are coming or going... :confused:

papafarang
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by papafarang » January 13, 2015, 3:41 pm

yeh heard about that one from a customer, said he has to go to patts to do it
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Sakhonnick » January 13, 2015, 3:50 pm

Well maybe it is true then...seems a stupid rule if you ask me the system is all linked..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by jackspratt » January 13, 2015, 3:56 pm

Ouch!!!

That may be of some concern to those who, rumour has it, get their extensions from Chonburi without ever leaving Udon, via well connected and paid "agents". :shock:

papafarang
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by papafarang » January 13, 2015, 4:02 pm

I think the chap has one of those...but being a cheerful chap that he is, he just saw it as a reason for a long weekend away....' always look on the bright side of life'
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Khun Paul » January 13, 2015, 6:07 pm

I think I begin to understand their thinking, if you have a 'B' Visa, you will also have a Work permit, unlike years ago, work permits are issued for the Area/place of Employment where you are working, therefore it would seem logical that you will also reside in the same catchment area as the Work permit office as well as the same catchment area for the 'B' Visa issued by the Immigration office, SO to ask that your 90 day be done where you got your Visa sounds as if they are tightening the screws just that little bit more on 'B' Visas, unlike Retirement visas where there is NO fixed address other than the one you use for the ANNUAL renewal, as you can renew your 90 day at any immigration office as I understand it.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Sakhonnick » January 13, 2015, 6:15 pm

What I will do is when I get back to Sakon I will go and ask, its not such a big deal for me as my work can do it but if the 90days is due when I am off work and at home in Sakon its just a bit of pain to deal with if it needs to be in Songkhla..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by stattointhailand » January 13, 2015, 7:08 pm

Somewhere on another thread about 6 years ago, I posted that I had been to Immigration and asked if I could do my 90 days report in Chang Mai as I planned to live there for 4 or 5 months before my daughter was born (wife didn't want family fussing around all the time). I was told then that I would have to return to Udon for my 90 day report as my visa extension had been issued in Udon. Didn't get round to testing it out as we only lasted about 4 weeks in CM before coming home

waltpong
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by waltpong » January 14, 2015, 6:44 pm

Just did my 90 days/1 year renewal in Udorn and as of the new rules they are enforcing the visa issue about where
it was issued at and handing out the letter in Thai stating that they will not do 90 days to anyone who has a visa
not issued in Udorn this happened to the fellow in front of me and I caught the conversation and he was turned down
told him he has to go to Bangkok to do his 90 day reporting.

pomps
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by pomps » January 15, 2015, 4:59 am

Sounds like it will be a breeze at Udon from now on =D> ,due my 90 dayer soon,will expect no queues,in/out in 5 mins,loads of Udonsville expat folks on party buses heading to Chonburi \:D/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Khun Paul » January 15, 2015, 8:23 am

yes a few years ago if my memory serves me correctly they banned the freedom to renew even visas elsewhere you had to renew in the area in which you resided, so this is just an extension of that ruling, as you can renew 90 day at least 7 days before and after the due date, should yuou be away or elsewhere within that time period I am sure talking to them will alleviate any problems.

pomps
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by pomps » January 16, 2015, 10:05 am

A good nosey in my passport and checking where the visa was issued,request to confirm my address again then on my way after 5 mins,not busy at Immigratipn this morning,marvellous :D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 16, 2015, 12:23 pm

Just remember 90 day reports can be done by post in most provinces. I do mine from Ban Dung to Udon. Send it EMS (35 Baht) about a week before it is due:- Photo copy of the front page of your passport, copy of your current extension stamp and TM card and copy of your last report (if applicable) as well as a self addressed envelope with 10 Baht stamp attached.

Easy been doing it for years. Oh BTW, the EMS receipt is accepted as proof (by Immigration) of the 90 day report should something go amiss.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

90 day online

Post by Hoopoe » February 12, 2015, 2:33 pm

Just wondering why there's not been any reports on the 90 day online , if you go onto Immigration Bureau , then click on notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days , the page comes up with all the info in the center of the page , if you scroll down to the bottom , in blue print it says 90 day online report , having tried to open it , cannot with fire fox , but tried with the other internet icon e , the page opens up , I'm not computor savvy so that's as far as i went,anyone tried yet? sounds good to me , :D

noosard
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by noosard » February 12, 2015, 3:11 pm

IMMIGRATION BUREAU Thailand Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days (Online)
Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days (TM.47)
Step1 : Fill up Personal information
Important Note : * Fields marked as Required Fields.
Personal Information
* Passport No
หมายเลขหนังสือเดินทาง : (UPPER ENG AND NUMERIC)
Suffix
คำนำหน้า : Mr. Mrs. Miss.
* Surname
ชื่อสกุล : (UPPER ENG)
Given Name
ชื่อตัว : (UPPER ENG)
Middle Name
ชื่อรอง : (UPPER ENG)
* Date of Birth
วันเดือนปีเกิด (ค.ศ.) : / / (DD/MM/YYYY)
* Nationality
สัญชาติ :
Travel Information
* Arrival Card No.(TM6)
บัตรขาเข้า ตม.6 : (UPPER ENG AND NUMERIC)
* Arrived in Thailand(Date)
วันที่เดินทางเข้า (ค.ศ.) : (DD/MM/YYYY)
* By (Transportation)
ได้โดยสารโดยพาหนะ : Airplane Car Ship Other
* Flight No
เที่ยวบิน/พาหนะ เลขที่ : (UPPER ENG AND NUMERIC)
CAPTCHA
* The CAPTCHA password
รหัสผ่าน :
please reload captcha

All rights reserved by Immigration Bureau 507 Soi Suan Plu Sathorn Bangkok 10120

This is the forms questions but orginal has to be done in internet explorer
looks easier to go into the correct office

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Hoopoe » February 12, 2015, 3:20 pm

Cheers for that , but for those living on the out skirts of Udon province maybe not easier going into office ,

Svein66
udonmap.com

90 Day check on Visa

Post by Svein66 » February 12, 2015, 9:44 pm

"You Can Now Do 90-Day Reporting Online in Thailand. The bad news is that you have to use the unsupported and ancient Internet Explorer."

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2015/02/yo ... -thailand/

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”