new form at immigration

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
toots

new form at immigration

Post by toots » December 15, 2014, 3:33 pm

Has anybody heard about a form you have to fill in atimmigration. When applying for extention for retirement visa they ask you to fill in this form also. This form is mostly in thai but is about overstaying. Never seen before. They say new.

papaguido
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by papaguido » December 15, 2014, 4:44 pm

I signed a form last month for my extension, it was in Thai script and I believe the IO muttered something about me not working or having employment...or something.

parrot
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by parrot » December 15, 2014, 5:09 pm

I'm not sure if these are the overstay forms.....but if not, they're similar. In effect, you're signing that you understand the consequences of overstaying.
Attachments
_2014781907414_VFaGhPICYBTQeeYrRfZIJQxddfZFulxXuoBMLirM_jpeg.jpeg
_2014781907414_cHElvbPxxoAGPKkWnIAybbszGCPHJvucvzRByhrK_jpeg.jpeg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by Khun Paul » December 15, 2014, 6:13 pm

If I cannot read it and understand it, I will not sign it, so I ask, if they do not explain, I do not sign it is quite simple really, just gently advise them if they want us to sign it should be in English so the vast majority of us can understand it.

Signing Government forms without fully understanding is a dangerous occupation and one that could cause you major problems.

toots

new form at immigration

Post by toots » December 15, 2014, 6:53 pm

Thanks, yes i think it was a form to say i understood the penalties for overstaying. Seems strange when you get 1 more year visa at same time. I suppose they get you to do it while they have you at office

parrot
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by parrot » December 15, 2014, 6:54 pm

So, KP, if it's in Thai and they explain it, you sign it, yet don't know what it says? Same same for all those forms the banks have you sign when you open an account......really now, is there anyone......Thai or not, who reads all that stuff before signing on the dotted line. Or, when you load new software or computer or smartphone application (such as LINE).........if you understand all the fine print, you're in a class of your own.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by merchant seaman » December 15, 2014, 6:57 pm

Or for that Home Pro credit card.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by BobHelm » December 15, 2014, 7:02 pm

My, limited, understanding is that legal documents in Thailand carry no weight within the legal system unless they are written in Thai.
If a translator makes a mistake in converting a document to English that is then signed it makes no difference as the original Thai version is always the 'contract'/agreement..

Macca
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by Macca » December 15, 2014, 7:09 pm

parrot wrote:So, KP, if it's in Thai and they explain it, you sign it, yet don't know what it says? Same same for all those forms the banks have you sign when you open an account......really now, is there anyone......Thai or not, who reads all that stuff before signing on the dotted line. Or, when you load new software or computer or smartphone application (such as LINE).........if you understand all the fine print, you're in a class of your own.
I thought that he already was.

Try setting up a business over here. Ended up with writers cramp the number of forms I had to sign and all of which were in Thai. They even wanted me to sign a set of finger prints belonging to someone else as they were too damn lazy to take mine.

stereolab
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by stereolab » December 15, 2014, 8:46 pm

toots wrote:Has anybody heard about a form you have to fill in atimmigration. When applying for extention for retirement visa they ask you to fill in this form also. This form is mostly in thai but is about overstaying. Never seen before. They say new.

See my post from last week under Income for retirement extension of stay
This was at Nong Khai.

rick
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by rick » December 18, 2014, 9:07 pm

Not just retirement, signed something like that for marriage extension today.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

new form at immigration

Post by BossHogg69 » December 18, 2014, 9:52 pm

this form has been doing the rounds since the coup, nothing new.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”