Income for retirement extension of stay

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » December 10, 2014, 9:57 pm

I recently completed my 2nd extension of stay (based upon retirement) , aged 61 years, married to a Thai, and using a British Embassy letter certifying my gross income. During the flurry of paperwork and constant interruptions at Nong Khai, I had to sign some new paperwork re penalties for overstaying, also I seem to recall signing that I had to show 65,000 baht income per month being paid into my Thai bank account from overseas. However due to minor bills, at my UK house,I sometimes am not able, in every month, to meet that threshold, however, by the time I come to renew, I will have transferred sufficient to meet a total of 800,000, will this grand total suffice, or am I heading down the marriage route next September.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » December 10, 2014, 10:29 pm

It isn't necessary to transfer 65,000 Baht monthly to your Thai account every month.
Only your letter & evidence if asked for that your income meets 65,000 Baht is required.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 11, 2014, 10:47 am

stereolab wrote:I recently completed my 2nd extension of stay (based upon retirement) , aged 61 years, married to a Thai, and using a British Embassy letter certifying my gross income. During the flurry of paperwork and constant interruptions at Nong Khai, I had to sign some new paperwork re penalties for overstaying, also I seem to recall signing that I had to show 65,000 baht income per month being paid into my Thai bank account from overseas. However due to minor bills, at my UK house,I sometimes am not able, in every month, to meet that threshold, however, by the time I come to renew, I will have transferred sufficient to meet a total of 800,000, will this grand total suffice, or am I heading down the marriage route next September.
800K is the annual income requirement and must be deposited in a bank account 3mos before renewing. Funds may be used as needed throughout the year, but the account needs to be topped off 3mos prior to your next renewal.

Providing bank deposit documentation is at the discretion of the immigration office or officer and probably varies from province to province.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 11, 2014, 1:12 pm

retired wrote:It isn't necessary to transfer 65,000 Baht monthly to your Thai account every month.
Only your letter & evidence if asked for that your income meets 65,000 Baht is required.
While what you say might agree with what is normally true I have been reading on other sites about certain officers, in certain offices, making this physical movement of money a requirement.
Udon was not 1 of the offices mentioned & from (a fading) memory I think it was mainly in the far South of the country.
As Papa correctly says the officers have a great deal of discretionary powers..

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”