New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
hairyharry
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by hairyharry » September 23, 2014, 5:03 pm

Just popped into Udon Immigration to get a Visa extension form.

Very pleasant young lady at the desk kindly entered my passport and yellow book details into the computer system, told me where I was working(!!!!!!), took my photo which has also been stored on the database, and very sweetly advised it is now 150 Baht to get any application form including Work Permit, Visa Renewal, Visa Extension and Re-Entry permit.

Receipt no problem and a very neatly completed form it is too!

I know a couple of people who have visited immigration in the past month without encountering this process so I assume the fee and the database are both very new!! I stand to be corrected.....

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » September 23, 2014, 5:15 pm

Well this should get interesting, pretty wide range covered there.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by LoneTraveler » September 23, 2014, 5:30 pm

Hello! I just returned from Immigration today as well. Yes, I gave the lady a filled out form TM7 and she returned to me a printout of the form with all information included and required a photo which is taken at the same desk, charge 150 baht. And the gentleman before me was charged the same. So I would say this is a new charge on top of the 1900 Baht for the visa extension. Worth the price if the information is now computerized and not have to fill in form TM7 annually.

The process today compared to prior extension was slow and made me feel a bit apprehensive. Every piece of information I submitted was scrutinized more so than previously. I was told to come back in one week. The entry in me passport states I have one week before I have to leave the Country; This is unless upon my return in one week, they will extend my retirement for one year. I was told all extensions need the approval from the Inspector (no exceptions) therefore, it is unlikely that a same day extension will be given in the future.

A recent post here stated that his passport was stamped retirement visa extension under advisement. Currently,mine states I have one week and then I must leave. Although, I was told to return in one week and the one year extension would be given.

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » September 24, 2014, 11:16 am

Did you bring your own photos?

I actually wouldn't mind that I pay that much each year for photos anyway.

I'm sure w will see different things in the future till it settles down again. On my last 90 day Ialked to a friend of the wife who works there if I still needed the bank letter, that I was told i was not required.He is one of the Supervisors. He said to e get it I'm used to it. So no change for me. I know guys on here have filed without that letter and I was actually told that by the lovely young lady, that I didn't need it. But that was before the new Government.

Well we see how it goes.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

waanjai
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by waanjai » September 25, 2014, 9:01 pm

The form TM7 always required a passport photo. Which you were supposed to carry with You. Well, some up-up-country people might have forgotten this. Therefore now this service to become photographed for an expensive 150 Baht Punishment.

Really new would be that the extensions of stay based on retirement would now require two visits to the office.
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

samuel
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by samuel » September 25, 2014, 11:13 pm

waanjai wrote:Really new would be that the extensions of stay based on retirement would now require two visits to the office.
if the officer has no time to sign the extension, then you have to come again > LInk

TGSA01
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by TGSA01 » September 26, 2014, 7:43 am

I was not charged any fee for printing the Non Immigr O visa renewal form, nor for the multiple entry form. Photos were taken (had some with me but they did not want them). And the renewal is still Baht 1,800. Same day is available at high cost, but seems now standard that one has to go back a week later. Perfectly fine with me, I remember Immigration from the last country where I lived, this is so easy and so pleasant and so nice.

bumper
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by bumper » September 26, 2014, 9:24 am

Now I'm confused haven't we been paying 1900 baht. But, I have gotten one day service.

Mine isn't marriage visa, Since this is my fifth marriage, so for me till god do us part, or the local judge issues the final decree :lol: :lol:

I would have expected some changes no big deal thus far, if I have to come back in a week so be it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2014, 11:40 am

samuel wrote:
waanjai wrote:Really new would be that the extensions of stay based on retirement would now require two visits to the office.
if the officer has no time to sign the extension, then you have to come again > LInk
If the "officer" has no time to do the job now required,Perhaps they should consider employing another officer to help out :-k

Never seemed to be a problem with other organisations in Thailand

One to do
One to watch
One to check
One to smile and say thank you

nkstan
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by nkstan » September 26, 2014, 12:37 pm

This thread has me completely confused!

What I am getting from this thread is that there is an additional fee of 150 baht , that no income statement is needed and that 2 visits to Immigration could be required to do an extension!

I extended my ''retirement visa'' on July 29th(90 day report schedule) for Aug 24th( extension date) ,no forms to fill out,picture submitted,income statement submitted,passport and copies of my passport pages submitted,copy of my house lease with copies of landlords house book and ID submitted and a hand drawn map to my residence submitted(all requested)and that is all!Fee was still 1900 baht!
90 report was done at the same time,no form to fill out,only signature needed.They did take a picture( no charge) and asked me if everything was the same.

reddevil
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by reddevil » September 26, 2014, 12:41 pm

Just been and the additional fee of 150 Bht is simply only for filling in the form and putting a digital photo on the form for you, all other fees are the same as before and you still need same documents.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2014, 12:49 pm

So, is "filling in the form and putting a digital photo on the form for you" compulsory (with a charge of B150) or can you still take your own pics and fill out the form and pay nowt?

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by LoneTraveler » September 26, 2014, 1:12 pm

Hello! I just made my 2nd trip to Immigration and received the extension of retirement visa and new 90 day report stamp. Yes, it now takes 2 trips irregardless of whether the Inspector is available or not. They batch the applications for the Inspector to review and give you one week to return for the extension. One needs to be careful because they date the one week in your passport and if you do not return, it states you must leave the Kingdom of Thailand. I think the new rules were implemented on August 29 this year.

I had filled out a TM7 and had a photo, gave to the lady as you enter the building. She took the form and gave me a printed TM7 and took a photo with their new camera set-up for the required photo on the TM7 form. She told me a fee of 150 Baht for this service. You pay the person at the front desk this fee not the Officer who reviews your paperwork. The Immigration Officer then took a photo of me with the same camera set-up at her desk (each Officer now has a camera set- up at their desk. so I assume the photo was entered in the computer). The fee for the extension was 1900 baht. And yes, a current income verification letter was required (at least in my case). I really would not go to extend my visa without one. I submitted the same paper work as I have been doing (minus the bankbook and letter from the bank) for the past 8 years. As I stated before, each item in the paper work was looked at very closely, more so that in the past. Yes, the form and photo are compulsory.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2014, 1:20 pm

SO

The cost was B1900 + B100 (photocopy/tea money) = B2000
And now it's a minimum of B2050 with B??? (950 for photcopy & tea money? :lol: ) =B3000

might be worth checking you have some small notes before entering :confused:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Brian Davis » September 26, 2014, 1:54 pm

Some confusion with me, too. Yes, Statto, just seen your post and we're asking the same.

The visa extension fee remains, to my understanding, 1900 baht. I bring my own photos, which have always been accepted. I'm on a visa based on marriage, so expect to have to return (about a month later) for final ok. Official receipt required.

If 'they' are now insisting on taking their own photo and using technology to complete some documentation, seems a bit strange that the 'improvement' in more speedy processing means an applicant has to pay more, rather than it being covered in the above administration fee. It's a digital photo on a computer and a few sheets of A4 paper for goodness sake. What next, we pay for rubber stamps and new biros? :lol: But IF this is a new, official additional fee and if and only they give me an official receipt, would I pay.

(I've said before, I've no objection over paying extra, reasonable fees for miscellaneous services needed from time to time, as long as I receive an official receipt. Indeed, I suggested it to the officer i/c.)

If the applicant's brought photos are still acceptable and he/she has forgotten them, then I suppose Immigration are providing a service in not making you go off to the nearest photo shop. If one is being provided with an official receipt in this scenario, great, but I'd be surprised, because this is surely the opportunity for 'tea money'.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2014, 2:12 pm

Be very careful Brian, I requested a receipt for an additional charge several years ago (wife knew how much was in my pocket when I went out, so I thought I'd save an argument, and provide the receipt), but they managed to make me hang on for over an hour before they had written the receipt (and logged it in a ledger) had it countersigned and found me my change. :lol:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Brian Davis » September 26, 2014, 2:23 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:I had filled out a TM7 and had a photo, gave to the lady as you enter the building. She took the form and gave me a printed TM7 and took a photo with their new camera set-up for the required photo on the TM7 form. She told me a fee of 150 Baht for this service. You pay the person at the front desk this fee not the Officer who reviews your paperwork. ........... Yes, the form and photo are compulsory.
Did you receive an official receipt for the 150 baht? If not, it's a con.
( Strange, they're getting someone else to take the money, which makes me wonder if the same kind of receipt as per that for 1900 baht.)
So the better use of technology means the computer-generated TM7 and photo are compulsory? But if an additional cost can be justified anyway(very doubtful!) why not just increase the visa fee - from 1900 baht to 2050 and issue a receipt?

I wonder if Nong Khai and other Immigration Offices are following the same procedure? :-k

And I have to ask. Is THAT female officer at the first desk still there, because this smells of her involvement and my experience is that some of the other officers follow her instructions.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Brian Davis » September 26, 2014, 2:28 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Be very careful Brian, I requested a receipt for an additional charge several years ago (wife knew how much was in my pocket when I went out, so I thought I'd save an argument, and provide the receipt), but they managed to make me hang on for over an hour before they had written the receipt (and logged it in a ledger) had it countersigned and found me my change. :lol:
I've very recent history of arguments and seeing a Senior Officer over 500 baht wanted for a known free service. I might already be a marked man! 8-[ But I'll stand my corner when people like this are trying to steal from me.

reddevil
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by reddevil » September 26, 2014, 3:10 pm

stattointhailand wrote:SO

The cost was B1900 + B100 (photocopy/tea money) = B2000
And now it's a minimum of B2050 with B??? (950 for photcopy & tea money? :lol: ) =B3000

might be worth checking you have some small notes before entering :confused:
How do you work out B 3000

150 B for application and photo.

1900 B fee for extension

2050 B

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2014, 3:30 pm

I don't think it is actually possible to explain it any more :-k ...... never mind I'm sure Brian has not had a sense of humour bypass ... :-" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”