Retirement Visa Renewal & 90 day reporting timings

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » May 18, 2014, 7:18 pm

SanukJoe wrote:
kopkei wrote:the 500 baht for transferring the visa to the new passport was also all ready coffee fund money ...
as they did this with me too and no receipt ....the visa transfer is supposed to be free....TIT... ;)
You got this a bit wrong. It's not about transferring the visa to a new passport. It's about transferring the old passport dates to the new passport, i.e. stamping, writing info about the previous extensions, officially declaring the new passport for valid.
I remember last time new passport, in Nongkhai, they wanted me to go to the office, let me wait a while, then transferred necessary info to the new passport, paid also 500 baht.
Paid the said fee also and no receipt,should have complained and tis me again on forum 8)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2014, 8:13 pm

pomps wrote: ................ and tis me again on forum 8)
You have been reported to the mods for using a highly deceptive, alternative ID on the forum. [-X

:D :D :D

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » May 18, 2014, 8:30 pm

Several years ago in Bangkok, at renewal I moved my renewal date to one month earlier for personal convenience. They cooperated in giving me an 11 month extension that time.

Had stamps transferred from the old passport to the new one very recently. No need to fill out any forms, but did hand over a 500. Much better to receive a wai from the immigration officer (!) than to worry about hassles at a later date.

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » May 20, 2014, 12:33 pm

For what it is worth ... I went to extend my Non-Immigration Visa - "Retirement" this morning. For the first time in 7 years I had to produce my savings account bank book updated as of today in addition to today's letter from the bank verifying what the current balance is and has been for the past three months. I had to go back to the bank and deposit some money in the account so that the bank book would reflect a balance as of today, not as of last month, in addition to the previous bank letter issued 30 minutes earlier. All ended well but you may want to consider this in your preparations.

Isaanman
Location: Next to that large bottle of Leo, Cheers or Chang beer

Post by Isaanman » August 1, 2014, 12:29 pm

Pop's here, been awhile but will do a bit of posting today. Did my Retirement 1 yr extension today. I n and out in 15 mins.
Here's what I had, by the I'm an American so this may not be the same for other countries.

1. Copy of passport (1st page and pages with the Non-O visa stamped and your last extension)

2. Income statement (Certified) from the American Embassy.

3. Map showing how to get to my house (residency)

4. COPY OF MY YELLOW BOOK.

5. Form TM 7 completed with photo attached.

They had me sign papers that I understand the requirements needed for extension and the laws/penalties for overstaying.

That all she wrote. If your Income Statement from the Embassy doesn't add up to the require monthly income, then you will need your bank book and statement from the bank.

Now this is my experience, you could have a different experience than I.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 2, 2014, 5:35 am

If you can ( and not everyone can ), a copy of pension income or equivalent is by far the better option providing of course your income is sufficient, although the need to apply to your Embassy is required the letter does last for up to 6 months , so a little forward planning is needed. I also add a copy of that days international exchange rate printed from the internet, saves them actually having to work it out. Most Embassies quote the gross figure not the taxed one which means you actually get a better figure in most cases.

Isaanman
Location: Next to that large bottle of Leo, Cheers or Chang beer

Post by Isaanman » August 2, 2014, 8:55 am

Khun Paul, thank you...good idea about the exchange rate. I know they have a chart for exchange rate they use to determine if your income meets the required amount, either for support of spouse (marriage visas) or retirement visas.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » August 3, 2014, 5:34 pm

Hi Everyone,
We have got family and friends coming over and intend to travel about with them. Can I do my 90 day report at any immigration office or must it be at the office where they issued the retirement visa ?
Many thanks in advance......cheers

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » August 3, 2014, 5:59 pm

Camps, I don't know the correct official answer to your question, but I do recollect a couple of years back, Nong Khai Immigration telling people that they had to do their 90 day reports in the area where they lived and were registered.

I would try and do it at your normal Immigration Office, if necessary by doing it a bit early.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » August 3, 2014, 6:50 pm

" I would try and do it at your normal Immigration Office, if necessary by doing it a bit early."

Thanks Arjay,
I just thought with it all being on computer now, date of visa issue, report due date, passport no etc it would be easy to report to any Imm office, unless the reporting is just on localised computers.
Do you know how much earlier I can report ?
cheers

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » August 4, 2014, 12:29 am

My 90 day report date was July 29th and my yearly retirement extension date was Aug. 24th.I did both on Aug.1rst,no problem!
My new extension date is still Aug 29,2015 and my 90 day report is Oct.29th.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » August 4, 2014, 4:22 am

Immigration are flexible,their website says within 15 days before and up to 7 days after 8)
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... age=90days

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » August 4, 2014, 9:23 am

Cheers Pomps,Nkstan.
Do you know anything about doing the report at a different Immigration office other than the one that issued the retirement visa ? (We are travelling around Thailand when report day due)

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » August 4, 2014, 9:31 am

I don't know when you intend to do your 90 report but for anyone who needs to go to immigration next week it should be kept in mind that the offices will be closed 9, 10, 11 and 12 of August. 9 and 10 are the normal weekend closures and 11 and 12 are in commemoration of the Queen's Birthday (Mother's Day).

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 4, 2014, 10:21 am

I have a friend who tours around the country via motorcycle. He posed the same question at Udon immigration and the reply given was he could report at any immigration office. He only did it one time and it worked out for him, but what may have worked for him doesn't always apply to everyone else. What I'm saying is immigration isn't always consistent when enforcing the rules, better to go or call the office and get the info first hand. It also wouldn't hurt to call the immigration office you plan on visiting while you're on the road.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 4, 2014, 10:47 am

On a trip to Phurua, we stopped at the border office at Thali to do our 90 day..... No problems there and no questions when we renewed the next time at the Udon office.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”