90 days report to immigration in Udon

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
boes
udonmap.com

Post by boes » June 26, 2013, 4:48 pm

I have a 1 year NON B visa. Usually reports every 90 days at Krabi Immigration only presenting my passport with the slip from the last visit at the immigration office there.
Now, while I'm in Udon I have to go to the immigration office to get a new slip for the passport telling where I stay.
I need help with what documents I have to bring with me - please can somebody help me out here. I have got the impression that the Udon Immigration can be a bit tricky.....

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 26, 2013, 5:06 pm

TM47

Quanteen
udonmap.com

Post by Quanteen » June 26, 2013, 5:36 pm

Brace yourself.
If you've been in Udon for more than a few days, they're likely to ask why you didn't "report" sooner.
I'm considering moving to another province for a yearlong project and the biggest question marks are regarding immigration requirements. I'll be surprised if you're not grilled. Let us know how it works out.

boes
udonmap.com

Post by boes » June 26, 2013, 5:42 pm

Any proof of residence needed ??

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 26, 2013, 6:04 pm

There's not enough info here.
Is it a permanent move?
What date is your 90 day report due? Plus or minus 7 days it could still be done in Krabi.
Does Krabi do postal 90 day reporting? Udon does.
Is this just a temporary relocation report eg As per Hotel requirements? Just visiting?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 26, 2013, 6:20 pm

Have you moved into your new house in Phen yet? If so you will need to report the addres change with proof, ie house book.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 26, 2013, 7:56 pm

Not sure what has changed in the last 4 years (probably a lot), but we were intending to spend a few months in CM prior to our baby being born to put a few Km between us and the family. When I enquired at Nong Khai (as it was then), I was told that I had to come back to where the visa was issued to get the 90 day stamp. I suggested that the CM immigration was a little bit nearer to where I would be living for 6 months or so, only to be told "that's your problem".
From what I could make out, if I permanently moved I could go to CM Immigration, but because I still intended to come back to Udon, ALL the paperwork had to stay here .
As it happened CM was a nightmare (OK for a few days holiday but horrible to live there) and we came back to Udon after 2 months anyway

boes
udonmap.com

Post by boes » June 27, 2013, 10:25 am

The new house is finished. We actually stay there. But not permanently as we still have our business in Krabi Ao Nang Beach and will return in september for the high season. ( family in the house book there )
90 days report is due on July 15.
I think it would save me a lot of trouble if I just checked in at a hotel and give that adress to the Immigration... :-"

Quanteen
udonmap.com

Post by Quanteen » June 27, 2013, 11:01 am

stattointhailand wrote:When I enquired at Nong Khai (as it was then), I was told that I had to come back to where the visa was issued to get the 90 day stamp. I suggested that the CM immigration was a little bit nearer to where I would be living for 6 months or so, only to be told "that's your problem".
Unreal. You can't 90-day report to any immigration office. You must physically be in town every 90 days because immigration are too rigid and/or incompetent to honor a 90-day report slip from another office, and refuse to believe a foreigner residing here might have legitimate reasons for being out of the province for more than 90 days -- like being a full-time student ... They really are control freaks, aren't they?

"that's your problem" Amazing Thailand =D>

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 27, 2013, 11:10 am

This is a good one for our mate in the Governor's pocket, or our Embassy friends to highlight..

Quanteen
udonmap.com

Post by Quanteen » June 27, 2013, 11:21 am

Papaguido's response to this 2010 thread suggests you can mail in a 90-day report.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... il#p242334

I read somewhere that the mail-ins were no longer honored. Anyone know if it's an option?

Dr. James
udonmap.com

Post by Dr. James » June 27, 2013, 11:28 am

In my case, I am on a retirement visa, yet work full-time outside of the country for 4 months or so at a time. This past spring I had missed my 90 report due to being out out of the country and would miss the next one as well. There was no problem with the filing of the extended 90 day report and in fact they moved the next 90 report to match my renewal in August. I did not have my wife with me nor did I pay any "gift". Everything was quickly done and I was out within 45 minutes.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 27, 2013, 11:30 am

Dr. James wrote:In my case, I am on a retirement visa, yet work full-time outside of the country for 4 months or so at a time. This past spring I had missed my 90 report due to being out out of the country and would miss the next one as well. There was no problem with the filing of the extended 90 day report and in fact they moved the next 90 report to match my renewal in August. I did not have my wife with me nor did I pay any "gift". Everything was quickly done and I was out within 45 minutes.
If you are out of the country, you do not have to do a 90 day report.

Every time you leave, it re-sets the 90 day clock.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 27, 2013, 11:35 am

But most likely you left the country with a reentry permit to keep your retirement visa valid.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 27, 2013, 12:24 pm

Quanteen wrote:Papaguido's response to this 2010 thread suggests you can mail in a 90-day report.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... il#p242334

I read somewhere that the mail-ins were no longer honored. Anyone know if it's an option?
Udon Immigration still accepts mailed 90 day reports. Send EMS to arrive some time in the week prior to renewal date (EMS is usually delivered within 24 hours). I normally get my receipt within 5 days.

As I stated earlier the OP needs to see if Krabi accepts postal reports! He can just go into the Udon office to get the form. - TM47

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 27, 2013, 12:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Dr. James wrote:In my case, I am on a retirement visa, yet work full-time outside of the country for 4 months or so at a time. This past spring I had missed my 90 report due to being out out of the country and would miss the next one as well. There was no problem with the filing of the extended 90 day report and in fact they moved the next 90 report to match my renewal in August. I did not have my wife with me nor did I pay any "gift". Everything was quickly done and I was out within 45 minutes.

On your return!

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » June 28, 2013, 12:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:

Does this mean that upon returning to Thailand you just go to immigration and do the 90 day report? For example if my 90 day is due July 1, I am in Europe, return on August 1, and do my 90 day report within a few days of returning.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 28, 2013, 12:15 pm

You should report within the 90 days after 1 August ie about 29 October.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 28, 2013, 3:35 pm

YES, 29th Oct plus or minus 7 days!

There must be 10s of thousands of posts on this subject between here, ThaiVisa and elsewhere. Google search is your best friend!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 28, 2013, 4:50 pm

haha!! I recently had to go to the States and got my "permission to re-enter".. when I came back to Thailand it was right around when the wife and I would both be going to Immigration for our 90 day check-in.. I mentioned to the officer that I'd just come back from the States the day before so "technically" didn't need to do the 90 day check for another 90 days but wanted to keep the wife's and mine the same.. Big smile, "no problem".. stamp stamp.. staple.. "bye now"..
Dave

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”