Non-Immigrant "O" by marriage extension Kor Ro Song documen

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » December 27, 2013, 12:39 pm

Asiaphile wrote:
welshwizard wrote:i am sure if you were in uk on xmas day eating xmas dinner with your family and friends just going to listen to the queens speech and uk imm turned up for a routine check and made everybody leave the house and take the food outside with them ,you or anybody else would not be pleased
ww
You still don't get it, do you? Well, let me spell it out for you.
This is NOT the UK! We are GUESTS in a Buddhist country in which Christmas is NOT observed, so 25th December is an ordinary work day here. It's business as usual in government and private offices, banks, shops and schools, and Immigration.
It is not up to us to tell the Police how they are supposed to plan their house call schedules.
But YOU expect them not to visit Christians on Christmas Day, Muslims at Eid Al-Fitr, Jews during Passover, etc, etc???
Amazing!
In fact it's very simple. If you don't like, lump it.
NO! you dont get it the same as a lot on non thinkers on this forum. Because you live in another country does not mean i have to give up every human right i have. I am not a guest i am an immigrant. Are you going to go to uk and tell the muslims and sikhs if they dont like our laws lump it and go home and to stop marching on the streets with placards saying kill british soldiers,politicians and people. No, not a chance as it is their right the same as it is my right to celebrate the most christian day of the year.In uk all religious days of all religions are observed as it should be in all countries of the world. Some it is not and it is up to the good people of the world to change it not lump it
This is a democracy with a very bad culture of rape, murder and corruption and saying you are a guest here so cannot do anything or say anything about it is not very nice and shows the type of person you are . I continously try to help and change peoples attitude in thailand the same as i did in the uk.
It was xmas day i was in the middle of dinner , no need for immigration to do what they did .
ww

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » December 27, 2013, 12:53 pm

NO! you dont get it the same as a lot on non thinkers on this forum.
Take it easy, man. Don't get all worked up over a triviality. To each his own. As my wife would say, 'falang think too mutt.'

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » December 27, 2013, 1:18 pm

welshwizard wrote:
Asiaphile wrote:
welshwizard wrote:i am sure if you were in uk on xmas day eating xmas dinner with your family and friends just going to listen to the queens speech and uk imm turned up for a routine check and made everybody leave the house and take the food outside with them ,you or anybody else would not be pleased
ww
This is NOT the UK! We are GUESTS in a Buddhist country in which Christmas is NOT observed, so 25th December is an ordinary work day here. It's business as usual in government and private offices, banks, shops and schools, and Immigration.
It is not up to us to tell the Police how they are supposed to plan their house call schedules.
But YOU expect them not to visit Christians on Christmas Day, Muslims at Eid Al-Fitr, Jews during Passover, etc, etc???
Amazing!
NO! you dont get it the same as a lot on non thinkers on this forum. Because you live in another country does not mean i have to give up every human right i have. I am not a guest i am an immigrant. Are you going to go to uk and tell the muslims and sikhs if they dont like our laws lump it and go home and to stop marching on the streets with placards saying kill british soldiers,politicians and people. No, not a chance as it is their right the same as it is my right to celebrate the most christian day of the year.In uk all religious days of all religions are observed as it should be in all countries of the world. Some it is not and it is up to the good people of the world to change it not lump it
This is a democracy with a very bad culture of rape, murder and corruption and saying you are a guest here so cannot do anything or say anything about it is not very nice and shows the type of person you are . I continously try to help and change peoples attitude in thailand the same as i did in the uk.
It was xmas day i was in the middle of dinner , no need for immigration to do what they did .
ww
welshwizard wrote:
Asiaphile wrote:
ww
Amazing!
ww
Just to correct you on a few matters. Actually you are not an Immigrant read your visa - Non Immigrant
The most important days in the Christian calender is actually Easter.

And unfortunately I have to agree with the previous poster, 25th Dec here is a normal working day and they were coming to see you as part of you gaining an extension, a little understanding on your part wouldn't have gone amiss I have found being friendly and accommodating goes a long way. Nadolig Llawen

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » February 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Dropped into Immigration yesterday to renew the marriage extension, a couple of days early in case of any cock ups with documents etc. actually called the office before I left and was told I didn't need my witness for a renewal..... Well that was BS, had to drive home again to take the witness back to the office. Apart from that all paperwork OK, used the same photos and map as last year. They told me last year that they complete the renewal in house, more BS, have to report to them early March for the final stamp in the passport...... Happy days...

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 13, 2014, 3:40 pm

went for one year extension 2day,and received a shock,even though i have the kor ro song documents,they have now asked for my letter from my embassy that i used to get married.
I told them been married 9 years and have applied succesfully for 2 extensions before.
this was my first extension for a few years,and they said you have new visa,if still extended the old one don't need it.
So i have to fly to bangkok to bangrak where i got married and they will write letter for me.tried in the udon amphur office but no luck,this day just keeps getting better.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » November 13, 2014, 3:55 pm

mr passout wrote:went for one year extension 2day,and received a shock,even though i have the kor ro song documents,they have now asked for my letter from my embassy that i used to get married.
I told them been married 9 years and have applied succesfully for 2 extensions before.
this was my first extension for a few years,and they said you have new visa,if still extended the old one don't need it.
So i have to fly to bangkok to bangrak where i got married and they will write letter for me.tried in the udon amphur office but no luck,this day just keeps getting better.
Do you mean your,''Affirmation to marry''?

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 13, 2014, 7:19 pm

Yes.i think that's what they want.have to go to my embassy in Bangkok. I told them I have the whole marriage thing kor 2.new law they said.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 13, 2014, 7:20 pm

Yes.i think that's what they want.have to go to my embassy in Bangkok. I told them I have the whole marriage thing kor 2.new law they said.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 16, 2014, 10:16 am

Went to apply for one year marriage extension. Previously extended in 2010-2012,anyway applied on Thursday and the lady in the middle said that they wanted the affirmation of marriage been married 10 years, and they are asking for something I don't have.i just been to my embassy and signed a statuary declaration saying something similar to what was said 10 years ago.i have the kor ror song in thai and english everything above board.so the head lady at the embassy rang them direct and with my fresh paperwork will try again next week. Will keep you updated if not will speak to a higher ranking officer/ supervisor. As the embassy checked out all there ranks and miss money penny has stuff all rank.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » November 16, 2014, 10:54 am

Could anybody in the forum please post a picture of this "Kor Ro Song" document so that everybody could see how it looks like? Would be graet. Thanks in advance.
My marriage was registered with the ministry of foreign affairs in BKK in 2013. will this replace the "Kor Ro Song" document or is it the same?
i'm a bit confused....

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 16, 2014, 8:58 pm

It is hardly surprising that they are clamping down on marriage visas, and I feel for those that use that option, it has steadily got harder and more complicated. Especially when you consider that they have just found 193 foreigners illegally married . if you can revert to retirement visa by far the easier option.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 17, 2014, 8:16 am

judging from the various paperwork needed to get a Marriage Visa and the innumerable stamps and Immigration officer signatures needed to do them, I wonder when we'll see a news article on possible arrests or suspensions of whichever officers enabled the 193 scam marriage visas?
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 17, 2014, 9:55 am

That FD is the 64,000 dollar question, when will we see anything bad happening to any recalcitrant uniformed officer that has slipped down the path of corrupt practices.
A slide into ignominy I think is the preferred way

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » December 2, 2014, 8:18 pm

I was told today that for an extention they want a document showing the name change for my Thai spouse. What form is this? I thought a marriage certificate was all that wad needed to change the last name on the Thai ID card?

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » December 3, 2014, 3:53 am

Jing Jing wrote:I was told today that for an extention they want a document showing the name change for my Thai spouse. What form is this? I thought a marriage certificate was all that wad needed to change the last name on the Thai ID card?
It must be Chor 5 (ช ๕).

/M
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » December 3, 2014, 7:23 am

When my wife changed her name on the ID card she was presented with a certificate similar to the wedding certificate, nice swirly colours round the edge, it's a formal document of name change, no other form was given to her but we did fill in a couple that the office kept.
There doesn't seem to be a number on the certificate but I'll ask the wife to have a look tonight.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » December 3, 2014, 8:35 am

Is it a requirement for Thai females to change their name upon marriage or can they choose to retain their previous surname?

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » December 3, 2014, 8:41 am

MrFixer wrote:Is it a requirement for Thai females to change their name upon marriage or can they choose to retain their previous surname?
'No' it is not a requirement for Thai females to change their name upon marriage and 'Yes' they can choose to retain their surname.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » December 3, 2014, 11:17 am

KOR ROR SONG
Attachments
001.JPG

emma2525

Re: Non-Immigrant "O" by marriage extension Kor Ro Song documen

Post by emma2525 » March 6, 2023, 6:43 pm

"
Geoffrey wrote:
May 24, 2013, 8:14 am
Yesterday, for the 22nd consecutive year, I submitted my paperwork for an extension of my non-immigrant ""O"" visa (to support my family). There is a new requirement; the Kor Ror 2 or Kor Ror Song document. To the best of my understanding this is the notations page of my marriage registration. I believe that it should show if I've divorced my wife. On my extension application I say I want an extension ""to support my family."" So, I must show that I am currently married to a Thai national. I remember it like yesterday when we were still looking to buy wedding dresses here four our marriage ceremony. How the times have passed.

Where did I find the Kor Ror 2 document: at the district office where I registered my marriage. In my case they photocopied and certified a couple pages out of their register. This tome has a beautifully handwritten page for my wife and I that says that we freely chose to be married. It's interesting that the notation reflects the Thai custom of registering a marriage after a traditional ceremony and some time of living together; it says that we had lived together for 1 day. I was following the more foreign custom of obtaining a marriage ""license"" before the wedding; we had our wedding the day after we registered.

There is an alternative to going to the district office where you were married. If you were married after 1996 (I could be incorrect on the year; if someone has some more certain information please post it) then your registration is on-line and can be printed out and certified at any district office in your province (or perhaps the whole country).

This is also true for birth certificates. I gave our eldest son his original when he went overseas. The immigration office still wanted a certified birth certificate; his was on-line and could be had from the capitol district office even though we did not register his birth their..

Here is another post with similar information:
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... or#p323319
Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you have gone through the process of obtaining a non-immigrant ""O"" visa before and are now having to deal with the new requirement of the Kor Ror 2 or Kor Ror Song document.

From my understanding, the Kor Ror 2 document is the notations page of your marriage registration. This document is important to show that you are currently married to a Thai national in order to be eligible for the non-immigrant ""O"" visa.

You are correct that you can find the Kor Ror 2 document at the district office where you registered your marriage. However, if you registered for your marriage after 1996, then your registration should be available online and can be printed out and certified at any district office in your province or potentially the whole country.

The same is true for birth certificates - if you registered your child's birth after 1996, their original birth certificate can be found online and certified at the district office.

I hope this information helps. Thank you again for sharing your experience."

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”