Triple Entry tourist Visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
DermotC
udonmap.com

Triple Entry tourist Visa

Post by DermotC » November 1, 2010, 8:57 pm

Hi All,

Your help please.....Im coming to Udon for a year in December/Jan. As Im not Married and dont own property there the triple entry tourist visa seems to be the only way to go. I got one of these visas a few years ago and managed to stay for just under 9 months on it. I got it extended 3 times for one month. My question is from reading some other posters they seem to be only extending this once.........? Does anyone have a definative answer on this? The Issuing consulate here in Dublin told me its at the the discretion of the Immigration officer.......?

Also If indeed I can get 9 months outta my triple entry Visa what should I do directly afterwards to get the next 3 months?

Thanks in advance for any help that you give

Dermot

Frans
udonmap.com

Re: Triple Entry tourist Visa

Post by Frans » November 2, 2010, 4:04 am

Iff you are stil in Ireland, go to the Thai Embassedy&Conusalte.

Aply fore a non immigrant O multiple entry, Iff you are 50 years or older.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » November 2, 2010, 8:05 am

If your coming for 1 year just get a 1 year non immigrant (o) Multiple entry,you can get 15 months out of it,should you choose to stay on,age doesn,t come into it

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 2, 2010, 8:32 am

Dermot, if a Consulate or Embassy in Ireland will issue you one then..
Multiple entry, non -Imm O visa for the reason of 'Visiting family & friends' is certainly the very best way to go. After each entry you can stay 90 days in the Kingdom before a quick dash to Laos & back will give you another 90 days. So, as red correctly says if you time your last dash across the border just before the visa expires it will keep you in the Kingdom for 15 months in 90 day chunks.
The problem is that many Thai Embassies & Consulates across the world will not supply this type of visa. So good luck.
On the Tourist visa then it does seem by some Immigration Offices & some Immigration Officers to be issues with them. I believe that the aim behind this is really to stop people living full time in Thailand on locally obtained (the bordering countries) Tourist visas. I think if you try & extend after every 60 day visa for another 30 days then you could run into issues. That being said it only seems to be the Immigration office at Udon that is interpreting the rules this way - so a trip to Nong Khai (on the grounds that if they said NO you would be ready to just nip across the Laos border) could well get you the result that you wanted.
However, even IF you can only get a triple Tourist & IF no one will extend for you then I am pretty sure that after the third tourist visa had expired you could take a trip to the Thai Embassy in Laos & get a new double entry tourist visa with little effort.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » November 2, 2010, 9:45 pm

Thanks All,

The only way the consulate in Dublin will guive me an O visa is if Im married to a thai girl or own property in Thailand.

Bob, given that fact your answer is very helpful. After the first two months are up Ill give Udon immigration a try and if they wont extend Ill go to NongKhai. The advice about going to Laos when its up is much appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Dermot

EssexGaz
udonmap.com

Post by EssexGaz » November 2, 2010, 10:03 pm

DermotC wrote:The only way the consulate in Dublin will guive me an O visa is if Im married to a thai girl or own property in Thailand.
Have you tried??

A consulate relies on the money it gets from issuing visas unlike an embassy

Just fill in the forms and see what happens

I get an Non Imm O visa from hull in England and all you have to provide is an address.
You don't have to say the name of the person you are going to stay with

you have to sign a form that says you have enough money for your stay but none of this is checked because the visa is issued the same day its received then sent back by post

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » November 2, 2010, 10:15 pm

Hey Gaz, yes i did try and what i said before came out of the ladies mouth i spoke to in the Consulate. I even asked her if my thai gf couldwrite me a letter sauing I was supporting her etc(Even though Im not) and that we were probably going to get married next year and she still told me no!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 2, 2010, 10:16 pm

Gaz, I am told that in the last few months Hull (for example) have actually tightened up on issuing the multi entry non imm O's. I have not heard of anyone that has been refused, but I have heard of them requiring the address of who you are visiting (I KNOW that is not significant & if words are filled into the correct places, it probably does not actually have to make sense :D) and someone I know who has been back & forwards for the last 10 years this way was asked WHY he was applying for this type of visa, again, rather than something more " solid". Again, he answered & was given it...BUT it is getting harder rather than easier.... :(

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » November 2, 2010, 11:23 pm

It seems the only ones who are handing out O visas still without a marriage cert is Hull. As the Thai Embassy in London is the closest embassy to me I called them. I spoke to a thai guy there and he told me exactly what I was entitled to given my circumstances which is a triple entry Tourist visa. He told me if I wanted an o visa and was still not married to a thai woman Id have to wait until I was 50. As im only 39 now it obviously doesnt suit!

Anyone dealing with Hull I would say Keep dealing with them as they seem to be the best/most lax at handing out Visas!

Im going to have to do what BOB suggests, boo hoo! Oh well a small price to pay I guess!

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 2, 2010, 11:35 pm

Corruption seems rampant in Perth and Hull.
They'll probably sell you a kilo of hash if you ask nicely.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 3, 2010, 12:43 am

I understand that neither the UK or Australia can compete on the drug consumption stakes with you home Tex.
Where, exactly, does legally providing visas associate to corruption Tex or have you finally & totally lost the plot.

EssexGaz
udonmap.com

Post by EssexGaz » November 3, 2010, 8:40 am

DermotC wrote:Hey Gaz, yes i did try and what i said before came out of the ladies mouth i spoke to in the Consulate. I even asked her if my thai gf couldwrite me a letter sauing I was supporting her etc(Even though Im not) and that we were probably going to get married next year and she still told me no!
I still believe that you are not breaking any visa rules in applying for a visa in your circumstances

I took this from the hull consulate website

Any person wishing to stay with family/friends who live in Thailand, who will be participating in volunteer work in Thailand or who wish to stay in Thailand as a UK pensioner for extended periods should apply to this office for a Non-Immigrant Category “O” Visa before leaving the UK. This category of visa prohibits any paid employment.

It says family OR friends. Didnt say you have to own a house or be married.

Call me cynical but I dont tend to believe what people say especially after living in Thailand for 3 years!!

What have you got to lose by just applying? if they dont issue you with a visa they cant charge you the 145 euros (maybe a small admin charge)

Maybe to be on the safe side, get a letter/fax from your girlfriend to say you are staying with her

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » November 3, 2010, 11:43 pm

Thanks Gaz for the advice!

Im in 2 minds now as to what to do...... My family have friends living just outside Hull so Im thinking of doing the entire thing through the post to the Hull office and use their address. Im thinking there will be no problem that way as Im sure they have seen plenty of Irish Passports in the Hull office before given the amount of Irish living in the UK. I feel sorta bad doing this though as its dishonest given the consulate in Dublin wont give it to me but hey what can onw do. Thanks again guys

Dermot

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 4, 2010, 2:54 am

Dermot,Take the easy way out Mate," Make the Girl an " Honest " Woman,and Marry her !!!!!

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » November 4, 2010, 10:49 pm

Hahahhahaah, I know thats sort of Obvious 747man but the reason for this trip is to make sure Im doing the right thing. Otherwise I would have done it alredy! Hahahah

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”