student visa??

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
innercircle
udonmap.com

student visa??

Post by innercircle » October 23, 2009, 2:31 pm

hi i have been reading up about student visa to learn thai, you get a one year visa to stay and study in thailand, has anyone heard about these or done one and is there a school in udon for this.
thanks

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: student visa??

Post by BobHelm » October 23, 2009, 2:38 pm

I know that AUA (by Non Prajak Park) used to provide the 'letter' necessary to support this visa application.
Try sending a PM (Personal Message) to member Nick@AUA.
I am sure he can fully put you in the picture of what is required from you & if they still do this....

innercircle
udonmap.com

Post by innercircle » October 24, 2009, 8:27 pm

thanks bob

Benzman2
udonmap.com

Post by Benzman2 » May 29, 2010, 7:54 am

what is the fee for student visa ?

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » May 29, 2010, 8:33 am

Benzman2 wrote:what is the fee for student visa ?
:lol: Sorry,it just hit me that the visa fee is probably incidental in comparison to the education costs ! :lol:

Benzman2
udonmap.com

Post by Benzman2 » May 29, 2010, 8:05 pm

Nopp the visa fee is not in the education costs at AUA , you get a cerficate as a student ther for one year.
So do same one now wat the fee is at immi ?? Ist 1900 Bath or ???

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » May 30, 2010, 1:33 am

Benzman2 wrote:Nopp the visa fee is not in the education costs at AUA , you get a cerficate as a student ther for one year.
So do same one now wat the fee is at immi ?? Ist 1900 Bath or ???
I thought the Student ED visa cost 2000 baht and then 1900 baht after every 3 months.Do not forget to ask AUA if immigration need you to take an exam at somestage to show you are learning the lingo and attending the courses.Remember Thaivisa forum mentioning abuse of the student visa system.
Maybe the last resort for you is to ask AUA if they know or just call into the immigration at Udon Thani airport and ask. 8)

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » January 10, 2011, 9:58 am

Hi guys.
I just want to clarify some points here and also ask for some help.
Firstly, If you are in Thailand and would like a study/ED visa, you need a 'letter of acceptance' from a school or institute saying that you are registered to study at the school.
You then go to a Thai Embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand and apply for the visa.
Now, if the school is known to the Consulate (like AUA is at VTE), they will give the 90 day visa fairly easily. If they don't know the school, then they will want more supporting documentation (school license etc.).
Now, if you apply in your HOME country, you will usually get a 1 year visa. (AUA just scans and sends the letter with any supporting documentation as an attachment).
In the past we have had quite a few students do both routes without any real difficulty. Sometimes more paperwork is required, but generally people get their study visa without too much hassle.

The question I would like to ask is this. Can you convert a 90 day study visa into a 1 year study/ED visa at the immigration office in Thailand. I read that this is possible. Has anybody actually done this at Udon immi? I would like to hear your experiences if so.

It may seem odd me asking about this - maybe I should know all the details. But to be honest, all we really do is issue the letter of acceptance and organize the classes. The visa side of things is down to the individual and not our responsibility.

thanks in adavance.

Nick

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 10, 2011, 10:14 am

sorry Nick I cant answer your question, but I am interested as an over 50s bloke to see if I can do a one year course with AUA , if they are in Udon and what are the fees, and everything..I would love to learn thai, if I can get a one year visa in the process then so be it..is it normal school hours, any school holidays, whats the go??

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » January 13, 2011, 9:32 am

The question I would like to ask is this. Can you convert a 90 day study visa into a 1 year study/ED visa at the immigration office in Thailand. I read that this is possible. Has anybody actually done this at Udon immi? I would like to hear your experiences if so.

Anyone?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 14, 2011, 8:09 am

Nick, to be clear, are you asking if a 90 day Non Imm ED Visa (obtained outside the country) can be extended to a 1 year, at a local Immigration office in Thailand? If so, the answer is yes.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 26, 2011, 8:02 am

Arjay can you advise me as I have read up on Thai visa site and am still confused about what to do.
I obtained my Non Imm ED multiple entry visa fron UK stamped from 29th October 2010 valid to 28th October 2011. I entered Thailand on 4th December and received a 3 month entry stamp till 3rd March at the airport .
I attended Udon Immigration yesterday to obtain a residence certificate.When I asked about my ED visa the officer said I had to go to renew it by visiting Laos before 3rd March. Once I have done that do you know if I have to do this every 3 months or do I then just report to the Udon immigration office every 3 months till my ED visa expires on 28th October when I have to apply for a new yearly ED visa?
Any help would be appreciated.
Confused Gary.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 26, 2011, 9:58 am

my guess is if the immigration guy is saying to you, that you have to go before the 3rd of March to renew the first 3 month installment, then I guess you have to go Laos every 3 months until the end..

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » January 26, 2011, 10:38 pm

Gary, I had the exact same visa as you a couple of years back. Yes you need to go out of the country every 90 days, turn around and come back. Doesn't seem to make sense, but that's the way it's done in Udon.

You can go for your last 90 day stamp just before your Thai visa expires. You could have got 15 months out of it if you came to Thailand on Oct 29th. You should still be able to go to Laos on 27 Oct 2011 and get a final 90 days.

Hope you got a few empty pages in your passport because the 4 30-day Laos visa you will have to buy takes up a whole page each. :lol:

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 27, 2011, 4:15 pm

Cheers for that,not too bad if I can turn around the same day after a bit of shopping,did'nt fancy staying the night and going the next day in a mad rush to get your passport back from the embassy.

Yes got a new passport so should last a few years.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 27, 2011, 4:42 pm

yup you can either get stamped out of thailand, cross the bridge, enter Laos, walk around to the other side of the Lao Customs building and get stamped straight out of Laos again, recross the bridge and get stamped back into thailand, all within an hour or two, or you can carry on by bus into the Laos to the capital 23km from the border crossing, do abit of shopping and come back again, if you dont want to spend the night, but you better start out early, and time it right

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 28, 2011, 7:43 am

Thanks
Think I will spend the night this time,and have a look around,TGF is coming as I mentioned the shopping word .lol
Will have a look at opening a bank account while there,they are paying 13% interest on fixed terms of two years.You have to obtain/buy a work permit to have an account though,worth looking into.

Benzman2
udonmap.com

Post by Benzman2 » February 10, 2011, 7:43 pm

Humm You can get 12,5% if you save in Kipp Dollar 5,5% Bath 5,5% fixed terms 2 years.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”