New ONLINE 90 Day Reporting Procedure

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: New ONLINE 90 Day Reporting Procedure

Post by Potamoi » August 8, 2022, 11:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 8, 2022, 7:54 pm

That may be applicable to first time entries into Thailand, on a new visa. ie not a re-entry permit based on a visa extension.

However, I did an online report last month after entering Thailand in April, with a re-entry permit.
That's nice to hear that part changed. Mine is also with an extension year on year and multi-re-entry permit alas I have not been out of the Kingdom since 2019.

The old online system had so many variables that could break, none with good error codes, it was hard to be sure what made it fail. The new system seems like its working well (provided one uses the address linked with the visa extension application, that is).

In retrospect, it is possible many of my 90 day online fails (new and old system) could have been associated with my office address in NKI was used as my home on my Non-B ext rather than my home address in the yellow book and I was just thrown off by the "Please contact the nearest immigration office in person" bit.

In any case, things are looking better for avoiding the trip to Immigration office. Thanks for sharing that Jacksprat

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 11:42 pm

Typically, you can do your own 90-day reports, in person and online regardless of whether the extension was agent-facilitated or otherwise.

If an agent INSISTS that only they can process your 90-days or other stuff, they may be dodgy or just greedy (and the extension holder just lazy).

PS: It may be a good idea to check where your extension was issued. There's plenty stories from a few years back where Pattaya agents used Saraburi immigration and Phuket agents used Korat immigration. A recent post on ThaiVisa was from a Bangkok resident who used an agent for convenience two years ago but when he decided to renew in person at Chaeng Wattana, they said his previous one was 'dirty' and he needed to go to whatever province issued it to renew it. When his wife interceded, the CW officer acquiesced but needed a fee to "clean" the previous extension and issue the new one.

Same same but different.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 9, 2022, 10:01 am

The agent facilitated 90 day I saw here for a Ban Dung resident was issued out of the Chonburi Immo office.

Perhaps the Dero could expand on that (not that he uses an agent).

ps by their very existence, all agents are dodgy,

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 9, 2022, 11:08 am

Yes, Ms Dodgy Visa Udon uses Chonburi for about 19K or Udon for about 22K as a second option. A recently deceased friend had been using her for some 10 years or more. I have no idea how she gets away filing a 90 day report at Chonburi for an Udon address but she is reliable and never missed one over that period.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 9, 2022, 11:34 am

The Agent I Use ( NOT Mrs Dodgy Visa Udon ) Also uses Chonburi for my extension,But when I asked her could I do my Own 90 Day Reports....She said YES,But ONLY if you go to Chonburi....Said DON'T Try & Do it Through Nong Khai or Udon Thani The SH*T Will Hit The Fan If You do.....

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 5:30 pm

747man wrote:
August 9, 2022, 11:34 am
The Agent I Use ( NOT Mrs Dodgy Visa Udon ) Also uses Chonburi for my extension,But when I asked her could I do my Own 90 Day Reports....She said YES,But ONLY if you go to Chonburi....Said DON'T Try & Do it Through Nong Khai or Udon Thani The SH*T Will Hit The Fan If You do.....
And the fee?
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 9, 2022, 5:40 pm

747man wrote:
Did you ask if you can do your own 90-days ON LINE?
If her answer is no, it sounds well dodgy.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 5:53 pm

747man wrote:
i hope you haven,t got involved with one of these ''fly by night '' agents that operated in koh samui years ago?they used a potato as a stamp,everything was good until you had to leave the country then it went tits up,''mrs dodgy visa udon'' as you called her has been in the loop for years ,shes not going anywhere soon,too much money involved ;) BTW she now asks for your yellow book or rental contract so she can register you with udon immo,wether your stamp is is chonburi or udon

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 9, 2022, 6:11 pm

As I penned earlier Ms Dodgy does the 90 Day Report for her Extn. Renewal fee.
Not sure what you guys are on about or why 747 would want to do his own rather than thru his agent?
Lets not forget many expats use agents for other reasons than financial. For my friend it was his phobia re Thai Beaurocracy! There was one occasion where she deposited 800k into his account just to find he had well in excess of this in there any way. Apparently that threw a spanner in the works!

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 6:20 pm

correct,never doubted you ,ive been happy using her for 12 years ,horses for courses never had a problem,seems some do,but there again some people bring cost into it,each too their own

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 9, 2022, 7:50 pm

tamada wrote:
August 9, 2022, 5:40 pm
747man wrote:
Did you ask if you can do your own 90-days ON LINE?
If her answer is no, it sounds well dodgy.
NO I Didn't Tam....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 9, 2022, 7:55 pm

thewatchman wrote:
August 9, 2022, 5:53 pm
747man wrote:
i hope you haven,t got involved with one of these ''fly by night '' agents that operated in koh samui years ago?they used a potato as a stamp,everything was good until you had to leave the country then it went tits up,''mrs dodgy visa udon'' as you called her has been in the loop for years ,shes not going anywhere soon,too much money involved ;) BTW she now asks for your yellow book or rental contract so she can register you with udon immo,wether your stamp is is chonburi or udon
No I Don't think so,Mine has Many Customers on her books & I Didn't have ANY Problems with her getting my Extension,And Potatos a Very Expensive at the moment.....No Good Mrs Dodgy asking for my Yellow book I Don't live in Udon...O.K.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 9, 2022, 7:58 pm

,but there again some people bring cost into it......But Some people have NO Choice Do They ??

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 8:10 pm

747man wrote:
August 9, 2022, 7:55 pm
thewatchman wrote:
747man wrote:
No I Don't think so,Mine has Many Customers on her books & I Didn't have ANY Problems with her getting my Extension,And Potatos a Very Expensive at the moment.....No Good Mrs Dodgy asking for my Yellow book I Don't live in Udon...O.K.
your missing the point ,never mind :roll:
Last edited by thewatchman on August 9, 2022, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 8:15 pm

747man wrote:
August 9, 2022, 7:55 pm
thewatchman wrote:
747man wrote:
your missing the point ,you wouldn,t of had a problem getting your visa because your paying extra money to grease the palms?and we all know you don,t live in udon,the point being is,,,,,,,,,,,i really can,t be bothered ,carry on soft lad

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 8:17 pm

747man wrote:
August 9, 2022, 7:58 pm
,but there again some people bring cost into it......But Some people have NO Choice Do They ??
No body is disputing that hence the ,horses for courses????

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 8:35 pm

747man wrote:
so youve tried to save yourself a few hundred baht and ended up stressed and in a whole world of pain???carry on minge bag ;) your tighter than a submarine door

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 9, 2022, 8:49 pm

thewatchman wrote:
August 9, 2022, 8:35 pm
so youve tried to save yourself a few hundred baht and ended up stressed and in a whole world of pain???carry on minge bag ;) your tighter than a submarine door
Do us all a favour, and save your gems for the soccer threads. =D>

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 9, 2022, 8:54 pm

:roll: football,its football you helmet :-"

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 21, 2022, 8:27 am

I just received a reminder to complete a TM47 online report in early September, 90 days since I completed the last in June. OK, but in the mean time I had spent a month in Aust.

I'm thinking I will try to submit an online report as requested rather than do it 90 days from my arrival back into the Kingdom just to see what happens. Not sure how the axing of the TM6 arrival card will affect the process.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”