Udon immigration, not busy!

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Udon immigration, not busy!

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 21, 2022, 12:19 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 20, 2022, 4:25 pm

STWW, are you trying to say that it could come back sooner and/or later than the stamped date, in which case it might be a good idea to call first before going. I'd hate to go there on the stamped date only to discover that it isn't finished yet.
I’m saying exactly that. A couple of years ago it was taking about 2 weeks longer, if people are finding it’s actually quicker then that is also possible but a little unusual.

If it is taking longer immigration will not give another stamp so no point in asking for one. You are still legal even though past the return by date.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 23, 2022, 11:59 am

Arrived 07.20 this Monday morning already around 30 people BEFORE me..i got que number 33.Everything went very smoodly,Immi really ontop of everything.10.20 i was inside doing my Extension of stay (Retirement Visa).Everything VERY VERY busy but Immigration people did a awsome job..Out 10.30.Got to my car and i was greeated with a parkingticket..well just 300Bath..paid that and went home.

So if you want to come early,come VERY early..like in 06.00..no joke.

//Alfie..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 23, 2022, 11:59 am
Arrived 07.20 this Monday morning already around 30 people BEFORE me..i got que number 33.Everything went very smoodly,Immi really ontop of everything.10.20 i was inside doing my Extension of stay (Retirement Visa).Everything VERY VERY busy but Immigration people did a awsome job..Out 10.30.Got to my car and i was greeated with a parkingticket..well just 300Bath..paid that and went home.

A 3 hour wait for 10 minutes of processing is still a pretty abysmal performance.

I used an agent so left the house at 9 a.m,, ushered past those waiting outside, spent the same 10 minutes inside getting processed and was home before 10 a.m.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 23, 2022, 2:56 pm

tamada wrote:
May 23, 2022, 1:05 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

A 3 hour wait for 10 minutes of processing is still a pretty abysmal performance.

I used an agent so left the house at 9 a.m,, ushered past those waiting outside, spent the same 10 minutes inside getting processed and was home before 10 a.m.
I'm retired tam so no problem for me and the wait..just come prepared..;-)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 23, 2022, 3:03 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:

Quick question Alfie, how did you get your Bank statement that's supposed to be issued on the day of application. I am going for mines tomorrow and dreading the wait. First time extension based on marriage as well. 8-[

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 23, 2022, 3:34 pm

I'm from Sweden so i do not use Bank statement at all.Pensionpapers from Sweden sent to me then i send it for verification and stamp at the Swedish Embassy in BKK.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2022, 4:07 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 23, 2022, 3:03 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

Quick question Alfie, how did you get your Bank statement that's supposed to be issued on the day of application. I am going for mines tomorrow and dreading the wait. First time extension based on marriage as well. 8-[
What bank you with Alex? Maybe if you go early, check-in and get your number, you have up to 3 hours to go and get the bank statement and possibly breakfast before your number's up.

NB: Park carefully.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 23, 2022, 4:10 pm

AlexO wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:

I don't know about other banks, but Siam Commercial does them in about 20 minutes (at least at the Phosi Office)....200 baht. Thai is ใบแจ้งรายการบัญชีออมทรัพย์

If you don't mind walking a block, there's plenty of parking behind the Bangkok Bank.....often with shade......short walk to immigration. Chinese restaurant across from Kasikorn Bank has good crab fried rice and wanton soup.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 23, 2022, 9:14 pm

tamada wrote:
May 23, 2022, 4:07 pm
AlexO wrote:

What bank you with Alex? Maybe if you go early, check-in and get your number, you have up to 3 hours to go and get the bank statement and possibly breakfast before your number's up.

Thanks both Alfie and Parrot. I am with Kasikorn so just over the road from IO. Will do that, park up get a number and leave wifey while I go get Bank letter and statement. Thanks again Gents.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 24, 2022, 4:36 am

AlexO wrote:
May 23, 2022, 9:14 pm
tamada wrote:
AlexO wrote:

Thanks both Alfie and Parrot. I am with Kasikorn so just over the road from IO. Will do that, park up get a number and leave wifey while I go get Bank letter and statement. Thanks again Gents.
Do be careful about the queue numbers. We had time to go for lunch after getting a number as I got my letter and statement before getting a number, I was told that we wouldn’t get called before lunch but when we got back our number had been called some time earlier. Though as we had got the number and had got advice that we wouldn’t be called before lunch when we got back we had no waiting time, so not bad at all.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2022, 8:07 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 24, 2022, 4:36 am
AlexO wrote:
tamada wrote:
AlexO wrote:

Do be careful about the queue numbers. We had time to go for lunch after getting a number as I got my letter and statement before getting a number, I was told that we wouldn’t get called before lunch but when we got back our number had been called some time earlier. Though as we had got the number and had got advice that we wouldn’t be called before lunch when we got back we had no waiting time, so not bad at all.
Same happened to me years ago in Jomtien; I watched the rate of progress for about 15 minutes and decided it was safe to go and eat. When I got back, they had already rolled past my number. They had a spotty reputation at the time so I thought they would make a big deal but in the end, they just slotted me in out of sequence. Once you have a number, it's no big drama.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 24, 2022, 4:02 pm

tamada wrote:
May 24, 2022, 8:07 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 24, 2022, 4:36 am
AlexO wrote:

Same happened to me years ago in Jomtien; I watched the rate of progress for about 15 minutes and decided it was safe to go and eat. When I got back, they had already rolled past my number. They had a spotty reputation at the time so I thought they would make a big deal but in the end, they just slotted me in out of sequence. Once you have a number, it's no big drama.
Kind of did it in reverse.
We are kind of stuck with timings as we cannot leave until daughters school bus picks her up and as usual the wife was running late (will end up in jail one day or coronary care unit) Drove to O.I. Parked illegally and run in with paper work. Girl at desk asked for passport and bank book and explained needed to go to bank for statement and letter she was ok and gave me a number (8.55am) number 38. Had to park on the parallel road to Phrosi Rd behind bank and we were back by about 9.45. We were called in about 10.15 but there had been a mistake somewhere and they were giving me an Italian Passport? All sorted out and process started at around 10.40 and at around 11.40 they handed me back my passport after me, the wife and our witness signing dozens of sheets of paper and them telling my wife they wanted more photo's of me at our house? but to send on 'Line'. Not too bad, in the time I was there only 5 Falangs except for the 90 day guys but loads of Laos people. Quite pleasant and efficient under the pressure but jeez the amount of copies required will have hurt a tree or two.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 24, 2022, 6:35 pm

2PM
This was just for the 90 day but In and Out no problem.
The tented area was FULL

Good luck to ALL

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 26, 2022, 9:16 am

Mrs. Dero went there yesterday to get me a Re-Entry Permit. Walked in at about 13:15 and was out 30 minutes later, most of the time was taken up with her explaining why I wasn't there to do it in person (hate shopping trips with the family in tow!), still no problem!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 27, 2022, 2:43 pm

Had to drop off some additional paperwork to IO. In at 1310 or 1.10pm if you like and place was almost empty. 3 people at the desks and tented area deserted. Maybe a sign that the masses have been sorted out etc.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 30, 2022, 10:01 am

Just booked an appointment online for next Tuesday for retirement visa extension.
Lots of times available.
A visa agent told me you now need to get a 1 year statement plus the letter of confirmation on the day of appointment.

Has anyone been asked for both the letter and the 1 year statement lately.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » June 30, 2022, 10:05 am

Pal,
BKK Bank takes 5 business days to get a statement.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 30, 2022, 10:08 am

Needed both on my last 2 x renewals - Over the road at KBank, only took 15 minutes (08:30 opening) 200 Baht.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 30, 2022, 10:13 am

Thanks for the replies.
I use K Bank so will get both on the day as my appointment is not until late on Tuesday.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 30, 2022, 10:41 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 30, 2022, 10:08 am
Needed both on my last 2 x renewals - Over the road at KBank, only took 15 minutes (08:30 opening) 200 Baht.
Was that for a 1 year statement or for a 6 month statement.

Virtually all banks will do a 6 month statement while you wait.

If it was for a 12 month statement then this is a new (and welcome) development, as that usually takes longer, 5 working days is typical.

The fee is standard at 100 Baht per bank certified document, so letter and statement 200 Baht

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”