90 d reporting not working 13/3 on line...

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
nutosf
udonmap.com

Re: 90 d reporting not working 13/3 on line...

Post by nutosf » May 16, 2021, 11:54 am

I tried the site on Friday. Still not working. After inputting the info, I was directed to contact the local immigration office. I will make the 2-hour drive on Monday for the 90-day report.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 16, 2021, 12:25 pm

nutosf wrote:
May 16, 2021, 11:53 am
I tried the site on Friday. Still not working. After inputting the info, I was directed to contact the local immigration office. I will make the 2-hour drive on Monday for the 90-day report.
Your more than likely entered something wrong as that message is the standard one when there is a database miss.

You can keep on trying with slight alterations all day and you may find the mistake. This is assuming that your report date is 15days or less ahead.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 16, 2021, 8:08 pm

Online, I got as far as receiving the 'pending' message, but nothing further even after the one/two? days the office was closed for official holidays.
Having to go to Udon, I called in at Immigration and notified there.
Mentioning I had tried online without success, the older guy apologised and said the system had not been working for some time.
He gave no indication of when it might be fixed.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 16, 2021, 10:06 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
May 16, 2021, 8:08 pm
Online, I got as far as receiving the 'pending' message, but nothing further even after the one/two? days the office was closed for official holidays.
Having to go to Udon, I called in at Immigration and notified there.
Mentioning I had tried online without success, the older guy apologised and said the system had not been working for some time.
He gave no indication of when it might be fixed.
Without the date you applied that’s not so helpful.
It was certainly working on April the 24th

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 17, 2021, 6:33 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 16, 2021, 10:06 pm
......Without the date you applied that’s not so helpful. ........
Of course, I should have quoted the date. I think it was the 30th April I applied online and that Immigration was closed for holidays on 3rd/4th May, but not certain re the latter. Before driving to Udon on 5th May, I checked online and the application was still 'pending'. (My understanding is that these online applications route themselves to the relevant Immigration Office and, when the system is working, it's the first job of the day, besides a coffee/biscuits, for this guy to approve any online applications which may have arrived).
If the system had been working shortly before, why would the Officer say otherwise? And he did say out for a long time too.Perhaps it's temperamental? I'm very aware of the need to enter information accurately and have applied online successfully a few times.
Incidentally, the online application is STILL showing pending.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 17, 2021, 6:46 am

Brian Davis wrote:
May 17, 2021, 6:33 am
al? I'm very aware of the need to enter information accurately and have applied online successfully a few times.
Same as Brian , January application is still pending (yep i know the system was down then , ) late April application still pending ,and as usual the condescending one "inferring you put in the wrong info " i went in to report , HEY YAY the gaylord gobshite is no more ,i had a laugh stating how happy the office was , they knew exactly what i was getting at ,
But beware hopefully Rodger Daltry won't haunt me , here's the new boss ,same as the other boss

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2021, 7:32 am

Brian Davis wrote:
May 17, 2021, 6:33 am
May 16, 2021, 10:06 pm
......Without the date you applied that’s not so helpful. ........
Of course, I should have quoted the date. I think it was the 30th April I applied online and that Immigration was closed for holidays on 3rd/4th May, but not certain re the latter. Before driving to Udon on 5th May, I checked online and the application was still 'pending'. (My understanding is that these online applications route themselves to the relevant Immigration Office and, when the system is working, it's the first job of the day, besides a coffee/biscuits, for this guy to approve any online applications which may have arrived).
If the system had been working shortly before, why would the Officer say otherwise? And he did say out for a long time too.Perhaps it's temperamental? I'm very aware of the need to enter information accurately and have applied online successfully a few times.
The system went down in mid March and was refusing all entry or connecting to it.
It came back up around April 22nd to 24th
I successfully used it, as did many others after that
Your report is the first I’ve seen that the internal communication is down.

For general information, not applicable to you.
The “go to immigration” message is generic.
  • It comes up if you are not in the reporting window,
  • it comes up if your data is not in the database,
  • it comes up if any key data (red stars) is not a perfect match with the database information.
The most common reason is that the user has made a data entry error. It will not give information as to why it is there, it doesn’t lock you out from trying again as often as you want.

If you have successfully used it before and are in the 15 day period but can’t get beyond page 1 that is a strong indication of bad data. Either your entry or a change in the DB.

General advice on data entry
  • Always use the drop down menus
  • Don’t enter information into fields that do not have a red star.
  • You may have to enter incorrect information (I do) remember what you have entered that was successful.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 17, 2021, 9:16 am

Thanks for the information, sometimewoodworker. Well, if everyone else is ok with the system once it 'came back', maybe I made an input error, but I don't think so.
But that doesn't explain why on May 5th, a normally helpful, pleasant officer, implied there were still problems, rather than e.g. 'there were problems, but it's ok now'. Strange.
Anyway, I'm sorted for now and calling in is not that much of a chore, compared to those with longer distances to travel.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2021, 6:13 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
May 17, 2021, 9:16 am
Thanks for the information, sometimewoodworker. Well, if everyone else is ok with the system once it 'came back', maybe I made an input error, but I don't think so.
But that doesn't explain why on May 5th, a normally helpful, pleasant officer, implied there were still problems, rather than e.g. 'there were problems, but it's ok now'. Strange.
Anyway, I'm sorted for now and calling in is not that much of a chore, compared to those with longer distances to travel.
Your issue strongly suggests that there is another different issue with the system.

I wasn’t implying that others were successful where you were not, I don’t know if others tried and failed or tried and were successful around the beginning of May.

I am certain that it worked in late April, the 24th to be exact, I and others were successful, you know it didn’t on or about April 30 with a new failure that I haven’t heard of

As far as I know once you get the pending page it doesn’t fail for incorrect information or incorrectly entered data.
You can probably go into the database and check the “pending” page if you want to bother, it’s likely to still be available.

It isn’t clear if this is a system wide (most likely) or Udon specific problem.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 17, 2021, 7:12 pm

In my case it just refused the Tm6 info which is a bit hard to enter wrong "YA00294 18/03/2020"
but it is no major drama to go into the IMM office

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2021, 8:39 pm

noosard wrote:
May 17, 2021, 7:12 pm
In my case it just refused the Tm6 info which is a bit hard to enter wrong "YA00294 18/03/2020"
but it is no major drama to go into the IMM office
If you used the website it is impossible to know which piece of information is not the same as is in the database.

Also the TM6 data is on a different line to the entry date and has a drop down menu that should be used.

If you used an app then I have no information as I haven’t been able to get it to work. I will try again next time.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 18, 2021, 4:26 am

May 17, 2021, 6:13 pm
As far as I know once you get the pending page it doesn’t fail for incorrect information or incorrectly entered data.
You can probably go into the database and check the “pending” page if you want to bother, it’s likely to still be available.
Yes, that's what I imagined and, if I understand the role of the Udon officer correctly in the online system, just a case of him issuing the final approval. The system was still showing 'pending' a few days back. I'll only suggest that, perhaps with the 3 or 4 day office closure, possibly something went wrong then, or the officer didn't/wasn't able to pick up the backlog.

I don't know if it helps Noosard or anyone else, but in entering info online, I make sure I duplicate exactly the detail on the tear-off/reminder slip, which is, of course, the same as held on the computer.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 18, 2021, 6:37 am

Like i said I used my TM6 form which is exactly what is on their computers as as is the same one I used before when online worked and must be the same one they used when I went into the office last week

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 18, 2021, 7:06 am

noosard wrote:
May 18, 2021, 6:37 am
Like i said I used my TM6 form which is exactly what is on their computers as as is the same one I used before when online worked and must be the same one they used when I went into the office last week
I Certainly understand that you used the TM6 form
I also understood that you entered the correct number.

I don’t know how you entered the date.
I don’t know why you assume that one of those two pieces of information caused your online application to fail
I don’t know if you used the web page
I don’t know if you used an application on a mobile device & if you did which one

The web page entry will fail if anything is wrong. It will not inform you what is wrong. So if you used the web page and could not get page 2 you do not know which of your datum is incorrect (doesn’t match the database information). You can not know unless you keep trying changing items until you are successful.

At first I could not get to page 2 and did an in-person report the next month I tried again, changing each field, eventually I found which datum I had to enter incorrectly on the form. I can now use the online web form. So far I have not been successful using the app on iOS.

My incentive to keep trying is to avoid a 2 hour drive YMMV

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 18, 2021, 9:47 am

May 18, 2021, 7:06 am
noosard wrote:
May 18, 2021, 6:37 am
I Certainly understand that you used the TM6 form
I also understood that you entered the correct number.

I don’t know how you entered the date.
I don’t know why you assume that one of those two pieces of information caused your online application to fail
I don’t know if you used the web page
I don’t know if you used an application on a mobile device & if you did which one

The web page entry will fail if anything is wrong. It will not inform you what is wrong. So if you used the web page and could not get page 2 you do not know which of your datum is incorrect (doesn’t match the database information). You can not know unless you keep trying changing items until you are successful.

At first I could not get to page 2 and did an in-person report the next month I tried again, changing each field, eventually I found which datum I had to enter incorrectly on the form. I can now use the online web form. So far I have not been successful using the app on iOS.

My incentive to keep trying is to avoid a 2 hour drive YMMV
Easy to know cause that what the online report fail said
TM6 number or date invalid
Used mobile device like the time before and what do you know that time the same TM6 number and date
and it worked
and how can you keep changing the given numbers and date to get a different result
please

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 18, 2021, 10:27 am

noosard wrote:
May 18, 2021, 9:47 am

Easy to know cause that what the online report fail said
TM6 number or date invalid
Used mobile device like the time before and what do you know that time the same TM6 number and date
and it worked
I can’t analyse the failures with the apps as they have not worked for me so I used the web page.

Did you try that? If not then failure finding is more difficult.
noosard wrote:
May 18, 2021, 9:47 am
and how can you keep changing the given numbers and date to get a different result
please
the iOS app has a drop down date entry or you can try manually. A 2 byte single byte error is possible if you type the date rather than pick from the menu, also spaces can cause a data failure. But that’s totally guess work.

However if you look back you will see that I was talking about the web form and all data fields and have said that I can’t identify failures on the apps as they haven’t worked for me and when they didn’t I went to the web form.

The apps could just have bugs

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 18, 2021, 7:00 pm

Please just accept the 90 day online does not work properly
reason being is cause it doesn't

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 18, 2021, 7:45 pm

noosard wrote:
May 18, 2021, 7:00 pm
Sorry that’s not completely correct.
Brian had his holdup with the pending page, quite possibly due to a holiday. You have a problem with the mobile app.

The first would be a local office problem or data communication. The second either an app bug or data mismatch.

Others are successfully using the web page in the last few days.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 19, 2021, 7:24 am

May 18, 2021, 7:45 pm
noosard wrote:
May 18, 2021, 7:00 pm

Brian had his holdup with the pending page, quite possibly due to a holiday. You have a problem with the mobile app.

The first would be a local office problem or data communication. The second either an app bug or data mismatch.

Exactly the 90 day online reporting does not work properly

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2021, 8:48 am

There's been a lot of debate about the online reporting's lack of functionality. The original, online via PC seems to work for most people who are NOT doing their initial filing and manage to get the syntax right. I have never bothered to try their smartphone app version as it seems to carry its own unique trips and fails.

However, for clarity, members should state precisely which platform they are having issues with. One cannot give advice on one platform if the complainant is using the other.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”