Amphoe Kumphawapi ???

Issan the rural northeast forum
metalic

Amphoe Kumphawapi ???

Post by metalic » August 18, 2008, 1:21 pm

hello all.
I' m going to stay and live for a period in kumphawapi.
Does anybody knows something about health service there?
Is there a hospital,a clinic,a health center or something like that?

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 18, 2008, 2:37 pm

Posting again is not going to get you a quicker answer. Just bump up the existing one.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... ht=#117253

metalic

Post by metalic » August 18, 2008, 11:54 pm

I think I had to post here.I mean Issan forum. :(

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » August 19, 2008, 7:59 am

There is a hospital in Kumphawapi.

I have been to it three times but never as a patient.

I am not a medical professional so I can only give you my opinion. My opinion is that this is a basic care facility. I do know for a fact that people with serious problems are transported to Udonthani hospitals.

My observation is that this facility is a place where people go to have babies, get medication for colds, get stitched up, and to see a doctor.

I was concerned during my first visit to observe people in the waiting area drinking water out of a common metal cup. Fortunately the toddler who was obviously ill refused to drink the water that her mother offered her. The community drinking cup was in use during all my other visits.

Some patients waiting to see a doctor or to be transported to Udon were laying on gurneys(sp?) in the waiting area.

I have seen patients in the waiting area with catheders(sp?) in use.

During my last visit there I visited my wife's daughter in the maternity ward. The ward had 24 beds in 3 bays of 8 beds each. The bays were separated by 4 foot high block walls. There was no air conditioning and two of the 6 oscillating ceiling fans were working. The walls were not spic and span. The open doors had to be closed at dusk because mosquitos were coming in.

Although the physical facility was not what I was accustomed to, the newborns were all healthy and it was nice to interact with the new mothers and fathers.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 19, 2008, 8:19 am

:lol: Sounds like a third World clinic to me.Amazing some of the health standards practiced in this country :(

metalic

Post by metalic » August 19, 2008, 5:16 pm

Thanks a lot all you. :D

Lionheart
udonmap.com

Post by Lionheart » August 19, 2008, 8:46 pm

Regrettably most Thai people in this area do not have health insurance and cannot afford private treatment, hence such hospitals as has been discussed here.

I have also visited this particular hospital in Kumphawapi when my wife's sister was admitted.

Yes it does leave a lot to be desired, but unfortunately TIT.

However one can see the gradual demise of the British NHS, and I think how long will it be before it is in the same sorry state where only the wealthy can survive.

A sign of the times I'm afraid.

sonofpanda

Re: Amphoe Kumphawapi ???

Post by sonofpanda » September 11, 2008, 8:19 pm

Hi
I lived in kumphawapi for 2 years, my wife worked in the hospital there . many farang go to hospital for treatment. There are clinics in the local villages

If anyone is interested we have small house and land for sale there.

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”