korat, Nakhon Ratchasima

Issan the rural northeast forum
laphanphon

korat, Nakhon Ratchasima

Post by laphanphon » October 3, 2007, 1:24 pm

thinking about hanging out there for day or two. staying at K.H.Chaophaya Inn while there, gets nice review on virtual tourist website, from local gal and other. got some restaurant tips from there also.

any other tips for hotel, food, too see (non wat/buddha stuff) would be appreciated, along with tourist trap, to be avoided things.

thanks in advance 8)

aku
udonmap.com

Post by aku » October 3, 2007, 2:54 pm

LA....yeah ! they have a large zoo there but, when we were there several years ago about half the animals were missing..maybe ending up on someones dinner plate....anyway it was nice and you can rent the golf carts to get around in. The wife a kid enjoyed it. Oh ! they have a great shopping complex there ...The Mall very nice and even have McDonalds there...we spent several days there and enjoyed having dinner around the lake area....enjoy...

202marcellus
udonmap.com

Post by 202marcellus » October 5, 2007, 12:22 am

La, when are you planning to go? I was there a few months ago. The zoo seemed to have all or mostly all of the animals as I recall. I enjoyed the visit. Yeah the mall is pretty nice too. Have you been on the website koratforang.com. It's fairly informative about all things Korat. I'll be in Korat myself at the end of the month.

Ps: I just got back from your former neck of the woods, Philly. Went to visit some family in the area. It's worth the trip alone for the hoagies and cheese steaks.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 5, 2007, 1:03 am

aku wrote:LA....yeah ! they have a large zoo there but, when we were there several years ago about half the animals were missing..maybe ending up on someones dinner plate....anyway it was nice and you can rent the golf carts to get around in. The wife a kid enjoyed it. Oh ! they have a great shopping complex there ...The Mall very nice and even have McDonalds there...we spent several days there and enjoyed having dinner around the lake area....enjoy...

There is a spectacular waterfall in the shopping mall, with some huge fish swimming around in the pool at the bottom of the waterfall, there are information boards around the pool that help to identify the fish, the kids will love it. Good food court here as well.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » October 5, 2007, 8:51 am

The zoo is a must if you have young kids. Rent a golf cart if you can. They have a show at the sea lion house every 2 hours, which is enjoyable for the kids. The mall is also fun for the kids. They have a pool and a water park, located next to the food court on the ground floor.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 5, 2007, 9:03 am

thanks all, i usually stay away from zoos, but that sounds interesting.
hoagies and cheese steaks
yikes, you're killing me. had a caesar salad and pizza fix taken care of last night. fair stuff, but philly is definitely a food town. not sure when in korat, last thing to do on the way back home. 8)

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”