Khon Kaen Map & Information

Issan the rural northeast forum
lee
udonmap.com

Khon Kaen Map & Information

Post by lee » April 10, 2007, 1:41 pm

This map of Khon Kaen may be helpful for new visitors. It will also be printed in the new Udon Thani magazine (available April 20th) along with a map of Nong Khai, Vientianne and of course Udon.

Please see this page:

http://www.udonmap.com/Khon_Kaen_Map

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » April 10, 2007, 9:50 pm

I don't see McDonalds on there :cry: :cry: , is it at the Oasis Plaza????

Nice map though.

Pop's :pirate:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 10, 2007, 11:55 pm

Well there is a McDonalds in Fairy Plaza also KFC and Black Canyon. If you need a coffee fix Starbucks just opened in Oasis Plaza. :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » April 11, 2007, 11:44 am

ok, seems like a good place for recommendations for food, accommondations and all things shopping for KK.

As on previous thread, can recommend.

Kiwa Cafe for desserts and coffee (food menu looks good but haven't tried), also a good beer selection. hrs sat/sun 10 am to 2400, open later in day (1500) during week. 043-228858

Imsook Apartments, about 1.5 kms from Kiwi, left as you exit kiwi. on the road facing the lake. 400b daily rate, clean, safe, good location with food all around. very firm bed. 043 271289, check your room when arriving, may have to remind them for a second towel or soap or tissue, lol. they are getting better at that.

sofitel if you wish to treat yourself to some nice comforts and amenities for bargain price at that level of comfort. used to be 1900, i think now 2300 baht on internet sites, include 2 welcome drinks, recommend kronen beer, in house brewed, plus breakfast buffet, very nice. after all it is sofitel.

outside sofitel area is Kosa shopping, one floor is all phones (TIT), also 2 floors of tech/computer stuff, much better selection and prices than udon. just completed renovations and added some eateries, turned out very nice. supposed to be a few shopping centers in KK, I've only been to Kosa which i liked for tech stuff, and Fairy Plaza, which didn't do much for me.

Lighthouse Restaurant, in front of Chareon thani princess hotel gets great review on KK forum, but unless they had a bad day, i wasn't impressed w/service or food. mainly service, 2 dishes not prepped as requested, rice they use is mediocre at best. Gem and Ree didn't care for their thai dishes at all, and my tom kha gai was just ok, and panang kuung and rice had good flavor, but again, the rice could of been better quality. a mere 10 baht tip to one server who tried, the other, a smileless gatoy, well, it was useless.

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » April 11, 2007, 11:59 am

ok thought it was in the Oasis Plaza, I standed corrected. There is a new Black Canyon Coffee shop in the Lotus shopping center here in Udon Thani. They just opened yesterday, service was a little slow, but the food was very good. Will have to check out the coffee, a little pricey with the items on the menu, mostly Thai food. They were very busy for the first day, but that is usually the case when a new place opens up here. Lee you might want to see if they want to do a little adverts in the next issue of the magazine.

Pop's :pirate:

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”