Sri Sa Skat

Issan the rural northeast forum
trubrit
udonmap.com

Sri Sa Skat

Post by trubrit » January 2, 2013, 2:20 pm

A nice little country town. Spent the New Year over there visiting family. The town itself is not much to write about but has a nice mall store where you can have a beer and people watch. A Tesco , Makro and a Big C. No where to tempt the missus to spend big money. The surrounding area has a lot of interest however. My day in the livestock breeding farm in another topic being one. However I spent another day in a woodland park dedicated to the late Princess mother.Somdej Sri Nakarinda.This is a beautiful natural place to preserve the local flora and animals .It is free to get in but there is a small zoo , charging 15bht adults, 10baht children . Thai or Farang.Lots of interesting creatures but I especially liked the birds of prey and the small deer varieties. There are lots of shaded seating spots to rest your weary feet .If you go mid-week as I did, it is a popular place for school trips. Not many Farang around so you become a novelty for them with lots of smiles and curiosity, just as Udon used to be 10 years ago.A few pictures to whet your appetite.:
Sri Saskat 072.jpg
Sri Saskat 049.jpg
Sri Saskat 026.jpg
Sri Saskat 030.jpg
Sri Saskat 033.jpg
Sri Saskat 029.jpg
Sri Saskat 022.jpg
Sri Saskat 016.jpg
Sri Saskat 007.jpg
Sri Saskat 024.jpg

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Sri Sa Skat

Post by trubrit » January 2, 2013, 2:32 pm

Sri Saskat 022.jpg
Sri Saskat 017.jpg
Sri Saskat 035.jpg
Sri Saskat 041.jpg
Sri Saskat 045.jpg
Sri Saskat 046.jpg
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Sri Sa Skat

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 4, 2013, 3:38 am

I have spent a couple of days in Si Sa Ket. It is famous for growing the most delicious rice in Thailand. Many Thais see it as a jumping off point to make some money on the border with Cambodia...buying cheap, selling expensive. There are also some nice and important wats in the area.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”