Chiangkhan.

Issan the rural northeast forum
trubrit
udonmap.com

Chiangkhan.

Post by trubrit » May 11, 2011, 4:34 pm

Yes I agree Bronco it was nice to see Parrot also enjoyed the simple pleasures of Chiankhang as well. The photos were also nice .May I suggest to those where price is the main consideration to where they go on their travels that they get themselves a copy of Lonely Planet. They could save themselves, if not a fortune, at least a few baht . :lol:

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Shado
udonmap.com

Chiangkhan.

Post by Shado » May 11, 2011, 5:08 pm

trubrit wrote:
Shado wrote:truebrit,

What does your visit to Chiangkhan have to do with a different sense of history? I'm just trying to understand the meaning of your statement.
I wouldn't worry about it Shado. Everyone else , including the poster to whom I replied seemed to understand perfectly well and I am not about to give lessons in English punctuation on here . I'll give you a clue though . Look for the full stop . :roll:

I wasn't worried trubrit, just wondering. I read and write English quite well and I still don't understand the meaning of your statement about a different sense of history. Mai bpen rai.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Chiangkhan.

Post by fdimike » May 12, 2011, 10:03 pm

Truebrit
I think you need to go back and read what I originally wrote again. I would start with the third sentence. Nearly my entire post dealt with value for the money. Despite the fact that I'm American I do know how to read & write fairly well.

losername
udonmap.com

Chiangkhan.

Post by losername » May 12, 2011, 11:33 pm

[quote="trubrit"]Yes I agree Bronco it was nice to see Parrot also enjoyed the simple pleasures of Chiankhang as well. The photos were also nice .May I suggest to those where price is the main consideration to where they go on their travels that they get themselves a copy of Lonely Planet. They could save themselves, if not a fortune, at least a few baht . :lol:[/quote]

I first visited Chiang Khan in 2005 as a tourist and, yes, I was guided by Lonely Planet. I returned there with four Thai friends this month. On both occasions I thoroughly enjoyed it. On my latest visit we wandered the streets and the Mekong-side path, checked out the shops and old style buildings, ate supper and slept in a characterful hotel (The Suksombun Hotel - there's lots to choose from but I like to overlook the river) for a night. The next day we hired bicycles and explored further afield, had breakfast overlooking the Mekong and drove down to Kaeng Khut Khu where we had half an hour boat hire (400 baht) before lunching under the shaded area of beach nearby. The novelty of the kung ten (spelling from LP) "dancing shrimp" was just one small part of the good food and fun.

Despite having such fun I returned home solvent. If I had read some posts on this thread, I would never have gone there. I am so glad I did and I hope, trubrit, that you will continue to provide good information for others.

Barstool
udonmap.com

Chiangkhan.

Post by Barstool » May 12, 2011, 11:43 pm

It was our visits to Chiangkhan in 2003 & 2004 that made up our minds to move to Isaan from Phuket; a decision I have never regretted.
We stayed at the Loogmai Guesthouse (further to the west end of the town) on both occasions, timing the visits for the Aug Pansa Morlam festival. Excellent; good times.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Chiangkhan.

Post by trubrit » May 13, 2011, 6:35 am

fdimike wrote:Truebrit
Despite the fact that I'm American I do know how to read & write fairly well.
Now I start to see the problem. :-" In England we keep our chips to eat with fish. :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”