"Hi There" re Ubon Ratchathani

Issan the rural northeast forum
Zama
udonmap.com

"Hi There" re Ubon Ratchathani

Post by Zama » September 17, 2010, 2:18 am

Just wanted to say "HI" to everyone. New to the website, live in Orlando, Florida and own 17 rai north of Ubon. Plan on building a home on the land at the end of this year and retiring sometime next year with travel to and from Ubon, Thailand. I work in Iraq/Afghanistan as a Site Lead, retired USAF, so I am still serving till next year. :D Married to a Thai lady for 30 years with two wonderful children. Hope to contribute, looking forward to your comments. You do have a very good website with folks who provide some great information on numerous Thai topics.
Respectfully to All,
Dan
8)

lee
udonmap.com

Re: "Hi There" re Ubon

Post by lee » September 17, 2010, 11:02 am

Welcome to the forum Zama - You're right, there's lots of info here on numerous Thai topics.

Have you been to Udon before? If so what's it like compared to Ubon. I've never been there but would like to visit one day.

Zama
udonmap.com

Re: "Hi There" re Ubon Ratchathani

Post by Zama » September 18, 2010, 9:18 pm

Hey Lee,
I have not been to Udon since the later 1980's, when I worked at the U.S. Embassy. It was a "Beautiful City” then and I am sure it has changed a lot and still very nice. I am living at Ubon due to my wife family support system =D> . That in itself really "Helps out." Planning on making it one of our hubs as my wife and I travel. Gotta go fly, more later.
Best Regards,
8)

Lock Man
udonmap.com

Post by Lock Man » September 19, 2010, 12:33 pm

Hi. I'm retired USAF as well. been here now about 3 years. Live outside Mukdahan and travel to Ubon on occasion. Anything you want to know just ask.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 19, 2010, 5:14 pm

Ubon is a nice place, been there a few times and always enjoyed it.

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”