Marriage counseling

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
milkman
udonmap.com

Marriage counseling

Post by milkman » July 27, 2020, 6:05 pm

Does anybody know if there are marriage counsolors in Udon/ Nong Khai? Someone Thai, but who a falang could relate to.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage counseling

Post by parrot » July 28, 2020, 5:09 am

You might try the Udon Christian Fellowship udonicf.com If they can't help directly, they may be able to help you find someone to help.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » July 28, 2020, 7:44 am

I am not a marriage counselor but I have been married to a wonderful Thai lady for 47 years. May I suggest that you and your partner get in touch with somebody that has been married to a Thai for an extended amount of time and maybe they can help you and your partner reconcile your issues and differences? I can say that a good marriage does not come automatically. We still have those bad days once in a while and It takes work, resolve, and determination for both parties, where reconciling marriage is a Two Way Street where there is a reciprocity of giving and take. Take time to let things cool down and to get your emotions cooled down and under control and at peace because when your emotions are high they will cause you to say and do things that you will later regret. If there is no reciprocity or any resolve to work together than there is nothing that I can add or suggest to your situation. Wish you the best.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 28, 2020, 8:19 am

pf-flyer wrote:
July 28, 2020, 7:44 am
I am not a marriage counselor but I have been married to a wonderful Thai lady for 47 years. May I suggest that you and your partner get in touch with somebody that has been married to a Thai for an extended amount of time and maybe they can help you and your partner reconcile your issues and differences? I can say that a good marriage does not come automatically. We still have those bad days once in a while and It takes work, resolve, and determination for both parties, where reconciling marriage is a Two Way Street where there is a reciprocity of giving and take. Take time to let things cool down and to get your emotions cooled down and under control and at peace because when your emotions are high they will cause you to say and do things that you will later regret. If there is no reciprocity or any resolve to work together than there is nothing that I can add or suggest to your situation. Wish you the best.
God morning sir!

I just want to congratulate both you and your wife for beeing married for 47 years,me i have another 35 to go to reach your level.I can just imagen the work and love you had/have put in to make it work =D> =D> =D>

Have a great rainy day ;-)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 28, 2020, 10:00 am

pf-flyer wrote:
July 28, 2020, 7:44 am
Wise words, so often it is the clash of culture, upbringing as well as interference from family members that sow the seeds of discontent . Unable to break from tradition. Experienced advice is needed from external people who have lived through much of it .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 28, 2020, 4:38 pm

You are all making far too many assumptions, Milkman has been married to his missus a long time, he’s been around the block a few times and marriage advice is not what he’s asked for! What he has asked for however is a marriage counsellor, end of, do we know it’s for him or might it be for someone else? Hopefully it’s for someone else.

Milkman you are a lovely man and I hope that you aren’t asking for you but if you are I hope you sort things out so that you’re both happy.

With my deepest respect and very best wishes, Vince.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 28, 2020, 5:55 pm

I really think why any person seeks help unless immediately forthcoming is none of our business, we offer our advice freely for the benefit of the OP , commenting on the whys and the who is irrelevant and in my book a step to far for serious personal matters. We should take heed of that please.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 28, 2020, 7:06 pm

There is a Thai government family counselling service in Udon. It comes under the umbrella of the court system. They used to have an office on Tahan Road. Maybe you could inquire at a government office as to there whereabouts.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 29, 2020, 3:03 am

Off topic posts removed. One of our members has asked for assistance in locating a marriage counselor. This is not the thread for general discussion of marriage, psychologists, marriage counseling, etc.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 1, 2020, 9:51 pm

A lawyer friend of ours suggests contacting ศูนย์ดำรงธรรม (I don't know exactly how to translate the center's name, but it deals with all sorts of 'people treatment' issues. Their phone number is 042-221-890. I'd guess it's a main number, so you'd have to explain what sort of counseling/assistance you're seeking. Obviously, you'll need a Thai to navigate that part of the phone process. Good luck.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 3, 2020, 2:24 pm

I have sent to you a private 'pm'

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”