Easiest golf course

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Easiest golf course

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 7:30 am

It's time to shine up the golf clubs and play a few rounds. However, me and Mrs M haven't played for a long time now so it would be nice to find a golf course that isn't too testing so we can play a couple of confidence boosters and ease back into the game. We aren't restricted to Udon, I don't mind driving out somewhere and staying for a couple of days but obviously, nearer is better. Any suggestions?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Easiest golf course

Post by stattointhailand » January 7, 2018, 1:19 pm

My experiences are 5yrs ago. but for what it's worth locally it had to be Nong Samrong when not flooded.

Best (easiest?) when on road trips was probably Voyage Panorama near Pak Chong on route 2 south of Korat.
You can stay at the resort on the course or in town (Pak Chong) and there are another half dozen courses within half hour drive.

PM/e mail if you want any info courses/hotels stayed etc

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Easy to play golf course

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 1:48 pm

I've sent you a pm, thanks.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 7, 2018, 2:16 pm

Nong Samrong is not the course to play on if you are just starting on unless you want to loose a lot of balls.
You have to play over water on every hole & 2 holes twice over water.
Wing 23 is probably the easiest but fairways are not too good.
Sri Thani is in better shape but a little bit harder.
Wing & Sri Thani have sports days on Modays & Wednesdays with wing 270 baht for 18 holes & Sri Thani approx 370 baht.
Dont forget the tip for caddy also.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Easy to play golf course

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 2:48 pm

Sorry Pal52, I didn't make myself very clear. Me and the missus haven't played golf for over four years and we want to play a couple of rounds on a pretty straight forward golf course without too much water, the last thing we need to do is to play a course that so difficult we don't enjoy it and not want to play again. We can travel outside Udon and stay for a couple of days so not too worried if it's a bit of a drive out of town.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 7, 2018, 2:56 pm

True NS did have a lot of water, but unless its changed dramatically in the last few years the longest carry over water was about 120 yds. As the "expert" in drowning golf balls (IGA christened me John the Baptist) I usually lost less golf balls there than I did at lots other courses that had longer water carries :oops:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 3:10 pm

I think Srithani is the one near my new house but from what I've heard I'd probably like to get a few rounds under my belt before I play that one.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 3:23 pm

I have sent a reply Stats but apparently either mine or your messages have been put on hold, whatever that means, perhaps Paul at Udonmap could enlighten me?
Attachments
IMG_0215.PNG

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 7, 2018, 3:26 pm

Now you have a shine on your old clubs and ready to maybe worth going to NSR course and smash a few down the driving range to get the young back and muscles into condition.
Couple of buckets of balls each along with a bucket of beer and ice is a nice 2 hours well spent being able to rest when required. :D :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 7, 2018, 3:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: use the e mail if important

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 3:32 pm

"Young back" gotta love that, but it's true in the case of the missus I guess, it's a great idea nonetheless and I shall do just that. Stats I was just asking for more info on those golf courses and lodgings, my email is [email protected] if you get time.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 7, 2018, 3:54 pm

Has to be Wing 23 .Clear choice.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » January 7, 2018, 4:22 pm

My Wife and I were members at the Nong sam rong course and is where she learned to play .
Yes there is water on every hole but its only a Nine Holer and a good little course to hone
your skills before venturing on to Victory Park ect .We walk or dogs every morning along by
the driving range there .My wife takes her pitching wedge with her and pitches back the
errant shots that fly over the wall .If We see an increase in balls then we will know that you
visited the range LOL

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 5:33 pm

If they're Pinnacle Gold you can be assured it's me, I brought a few from the UK not realising how cheap they are here, never mind and keep your eyes open for my balls lol.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 7, 2018, 7:32 pm

vincemunday wrote:
January 7, 2018, 5:33 pm
If they're Pinnacle Gold you can be assured it's me, I brought a few from the UK not realising how cheap they are here, never mind and keep your eyes open for my balls lol.
vincemunday wrote:
January 7, 2018, 5:33 pm
So you have been going to the driving range at Namsamrong.
Why the original post asking about golf courses. in Udon & other areas.

Obviously you have an idea of your capabilities of how far you can hit a golf ball & compared it to your game 4 years ago.
You must have looked at Namsamrong golf course when at the driving range.

Why cant you be like other gofers & just go play a game after we visit the driving range like we all do after a long layoff & see what happens.

Are you something special like someone who had a very low handicap.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 7, 2018, 8:12 pm

No, haven't been to either the golf course nor the driving range, I don't even know where it is but if you go through the thtread you'll see why I said what I did. That aside, I've actually been given some pretty sound advice and the post was worth putting up, thanks to those who helped.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”