Where to fish?

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
korsow

Where to fish?

Post by korsow » July 10, 2013, 12:42 pm

Hello everyone. Anyone know where I can go fishing with my son? On holliday here for a week and no idea where to go. We're looking for a place where we can rent a rod and get bait also. We used to go to Sabai Sabai (2 years ago), but apparently it's become a fishfarm now. We went to the udon-fishing.com place also but it was closed.

Thanks
Pat

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 10, 2013, 1:22 pm

There is Samon Fishing Park in Udon, VS Fishing Park in Nong Khai & if you want to travel and stay the night there is the following place about 95 kilomiters fro Udon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mflvp8bEJj0
Sabai Sabai was a great place and very handy, I wish someone would take it over and start it as a fish venue again. When Paul had the park he spent a fortune on it, I looked in a few month ago and it's just a mess now.
Good Luck
Wee Jimmy.

footymaster
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by footymaster » July 10, 2013, 3:58 pm

there is a placecalled lukka lake it aboat 5 km down the sakon nakon road on your right hand side, so you have to do a u turn then left at the sign then go straight for aboat 2 km and it on the left. you can rent tackle there and there is some great fish in there and big too. speak to bob when you get there and he will tell you how to catch then and best pegs.

good luck footymaster

korsow

Where to fish?

Post by korsow » July 11, 2013, 6:22 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I'll update you how it was after I catch some fish :)

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Fishing at Nam Som.

Post by Wee Jimmy » September 12, 2013, 9:55 am

A couple of weeks ago we went fishing to ‘‘Ban Dong Pattana'' Nam Som.
The picture is an example of one fish which was caught by Dick on the left who fishes Donal's Lake every Saturday; he tells me he has caught bigger from the same lake.
Last weekend when we were there I caught about 12 good size fish.
This weekend the Government Lake which is next to the resort is open for fishing, it is only fished twice a year and is full of fish. It will be about 50 Baht a rod.
If anyone fancies a day or so fishing this weekend or anytime this now seems to be the place to go.
Attachments
Caught at Donal's Place a couple of weeks ago..png
Caught at Donal's Place a couple of weeks ago..png (120.47 KiB) Viewed 4717 times

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by Wee Jimmy » September 16, 2013, 6:17 am

We got there only to find out that due to the heavy rain on Thursday & Friday that the fishing on the Government Lake had been cancelled. It's now hopefully on next weekend.
We fished Donal's Lake at (Sunshine Resort/Fishing Park) and caught about 10 decent sized fish. The picture below is a fish Donal's wife caught Saturday.
Attachments
15 09 2013.png
15 09 2013.png (203.66 KiB) Viewed 4626 times

dinantdupont
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by dinantdupont » December 5, 2013, 4:34 pm

dose anyone kno of any wild fishing places round udon or not far for any speics's snakehead indian carp catfish.....

rick
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by rick » December 5, 2013, 8:51 pm

Only time you see Thai's fishing 'wild' around Udon is during a flood. Rest of the time fish are few and far between. Could try the Khlongs .... There are some ponds and lakes with wild fish stocks but still need to be careful you are not trespassing, and the fish may have an owner. The reservoirs may offer some fishing but are further out. Unless you have a thai or other person with local knowledge with you, stick to the fishing parks. However some parks have very few fish (i fish with 2 very good anglers and on some waters average well under one fish a person). I would recommend Saman farm as a water with good stock levels.

dinantdupont
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by dinantdupont » December 9, 2013, 1:27 pm

yea thats what i got told too. i go round pond hunting and asking locals and stuff. aswell i go to the fishing parks.its more exsiting when it pays off in the wild tho int it lol.but hardly happens im allways there too late hahaha.i had a few tiny fish this flood that just come but thats it till next time round lol.i just wonderd if there was any lakes or ponds i dint know about... were bigger ones are its ridikulas these little fish lol i like to do lure fishing.ive only been in udon a year and havent explored much :-k
Attachments
udon3.jpg
udon2.jpg
udon1.jpg

rick
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by rick » December 9, 2013, 9:34 pm

All the small ponds streams round here dry up in the cold season, if not quickly enough the Thais will pump them dry to get the fish in them .... Even a pond i know which is only about 100 sq, metres has an 'owner' and is pumped out every year to get the fish that use it as a refuge in the dry season (on a swamp/paddy floodplain).

Nice Plaa Chon - although a bit small.... Pay enough and you can fish my pond .... LOL

dinantdupont
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by dinantdupont » December 10, 2013, 12:30 am

why is your pond stocked with Plaa Chon lol
:D

dinantdupont
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by dinantdupont » December 10, 2013, 12:34 am

i have caught big ones in chonburi in wild by the way them pictures are imbaressing to be honest lmao :oops:

rick
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by rick » December 10, 2013, 8:24 pm

Not stocked with plaa chon but has a few. main species are walking catfish, tilapia, java barb; with about 10 other species in varying numbers. It is a fishing park but currently not open to public due to lots of restocking. the 3 main species still growing on, when bigger maybe reopen, but lots of fish 100-200 grams. Located near Bobay. if your interested, send me a PM.

dinantdupont
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by dinantdupont » December 10, 2013, 8:45 pm

well i carnt pm yet caz im new it says We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.so ill write here.yea im
interested just keep me updated when its open and ill be there to have a go :D

douglas
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by douglas » December 11, 2013, 8:54 am

Hi,
Rick, just had a couple of Thais come into the shop. On their bike handlebars were ten fish, good size, which they had just caught, in he wild, they give me one, myself I only like sea fish, but the wife said it was very good.

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by Baht Man » December 31, 2013, 9:00 am

There's also a place about 6 km or so towards Sakon Nakon with some very large fish. Catch and release. All the gear and advise is there from John.
Head east about past the Shell station on your left about a km or so. Make the u-turn and look on the left.
Lukanna lakes. Turn left about a km. just past the sugar and green netting around another Thai pond and turn left again at his sign.
The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

Rono
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by Rono » January 21, 2014, 8:46 am

Hi there dinantdupont,

Any answer about the fish park near bobay,i think from Rick. Is it open for fishing yet?
have you constructed some fancy new tackle yet?

dinantdupont
udonmap.com

Where to fish?

Post by dinantdupont » January 21, 2014, 1:19 pm

no not yet been so busy would like to get out fishing tho lol.. soon

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”