Nong Prajak Park

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
Somchai499
udonmap.com

Re: Nong Prajak Park

Post by Somchai499 » May 19, 2020, 12:29 pm

Massage places are still officially closed, including foot massage shops at Nong Prajak.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 20, 2020, 6:59 am

Damn not really understand that, Feet are at least one metre from your head and breathing on my feet will not give me Covid, seems over the top to me. But heyho, that's what it is, so be it .

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 29, 2020, 11:33 am

One of the best days in the recent past. Clean air, few people and a cool breeze.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 29, 2020, 3:58 pm

yes crazy can get haircut but not a pedicure, how stupid??

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » May 29, 2020, 4:12 pm

minimiglia wrote:
May 29, 2020, 3:58 pm
yes crazy can get haircut but not a pedicure, how stupid??
Have you smelt your feet ffs?

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 30, 2020, 2:52 am

mak wrote:
May 29, 2020, 11:33 am
One of the best days in the recent past. Clean air, few people and a cool breeze.
yes , the aqi in the entire northeast has dropped
to low double-digits. it's actually refreshing to go
outside. a little overnight rain thrown in. perfect

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 30, 2020, 7:33 am

my feet do not smell, they are regularly washed

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 30, 2021, 4:48 pm

New duck in town.
Attachments
Chinese ducks.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 30, 2021, 5:03 pm

I was in town earlier today and its all turning bright red .. overhead road banners etc in anticipation for the up n coming Chinese new year .. which IMO should be scaled down due to the current Covid pandemic... but will it be as udon is ran by the wealthy Thai Chinese as we know.

Red face masks with Chinese writing now on sale ..rather ironic another income stream tho being as its alleged thats where the economy killing illness started i wont be buying one.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 12, 2021, 1:38 pm

After a year of disruptions, resurfacing the cycling and jogging paths, they finally finished a few weeks ago.
Not quite, the jogging path surface is being dismantled.
Attachments
Nong Prajak 1.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 12, 2021, 8:40 pm

I've been walking 3 miles each morning with a german shepherd while marooned in Texas for the past 13 months. Assuming an asteroid doesn't hit, we should be back in Thailand this month. Given the options for continuing my walks when I return, I'd welcome experience with Nongprajak, Nongsim, or other places in town to continue my exercise program. Best times to go, times to avoid, etc.
FWIW: 13 months, 3 miles of 3.5mph walk each day = -12 pounds

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 12, 2021, 8:44 pm

We only walked along that stretch being ripped up a week or so ago. We had to walk round the painters who were still adding the finishing touches. I wonder what the problem is.

We’ve taken to walking with The Girl on her trike round Nong Bua lake. It’s really very good now the paths are finished & the shrubbery planted
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 13, 2021, 8:37 am

Nong Bua Lake is in good shape, all the resurfacing of the cycling/jogging path has been completed. Nong Sim Lake is also completed.
Even though Nong Prajak was completed, they are now redoing certain sections. I guess Ithipon's brother-in-law needs the additional work.
I prefer Nong Prajak. I walk in the morning at 8 am. The evenings it gets crowded, peak time 6 pm.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 13, 2021, 9:55 am

Its a shame none of the kids play areas in any local park/lake have been refurnished.

They're all plastic that's been in the sun too long so gone brittle, cracking & snapping off pieces leaving very sharp edges for little hands.

The Girl was playing on the tunnel slide by Nong Kham Kling the other week & it had broken inside unbeknownst to me leaving a jagged piece sticking up which caught on her clothes as she went down. I had to crawl up from the bottom to free her

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 13, 2021, 10:28 am

Must have been a large tunnel slide ? 8-[ . Plastic turns to crap under the sunshine .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 13, 2021, 10:38 am

Niggly wrote:
March 13, 2021, 9:55 am
Its a shame none of the kids play areas in any local park/lake have been refurnished.

They're all plastic that's been in the sun too long so gone brittle, cracking & snapping off pieces leaving very sharp edges for little hands.

The Girl was playing on the tunnel slide by Nong Kham Kling the other week & it had broken inside unbeknownst to me leaving a jagged piece sticking up which caught on her clothes as she went down. I had to crawl up from the bottom to free her
Would have been a sight farang stuck in a tunnel arse hanging out

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 13, 2021, 10:51 am

Okay, okay, okay, it was a large tunnel. It was like looking at the moon through a toilet roll. Happy now?

Oh, The Girl was unscathed by her ordeal in case anyone was worried about her instead of my fat ar$e

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 14, 2021, 7:34 am

not unusual to see park exercise machines/equipment as well as playground equipment broken or sun worn. Getting it fixed generally means repeated complaints up the bureaucracy. In the case of a park near me it resulted in the broken equipment being taken away and never returned. Probably stacked up down by the Tessaban. As for Nong Prajak I imagine it is large enough to have its own park manager. Perhaps a social media posting on a Thai site with pictures of the broken slide and other equipment might generate enough social media commentary to get it repaired or removed.
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 15, 2021, 7:05 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 14, 2021, 7:34 am
not unusual to see park exercise machines/equipment as well as playground equipment broken or sun worn. Getting it fixed generally means repeated complaints up the bureaucracy. In the case of a park near me it resulted in the broken equipment being taken away and never returned. Probably stacked up down by the Tessaban. As for Nong Prajak I imagine it is large enough to have its own park manager. Perhaps a social media posting on a Thai site with pictures of the broken slide and other equipment might generate enough social media commentary to get it repaired or removed.

Logical response to an oft repeated complaint .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 15, 2021, 9:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 15, 2021, 7:05 am
FrazeeDK wrote:
March 14, 2021, 7:34 am

Logical response to an oft repeated complaint .
Khun Paul wrote:
March 15, 2021, 6:53 am
If you have a problem with anything say it as it is in person.
Problem is these days too many think it is clever to complain via a computer, rather than in person
Please can you tell everyone about the earth shattering epiphany that happened in the 12 minutes between these two posts where you are denigrating making an electronic complaint in the first but then advocating the use of social media to complain in the second.

PS
For the avoidance of doubt, I clearly said the slide I (The Girl) had a problem with was by the side of Nong Kham Kling. I do not know the condition of the slides in Nong Prajak but happy to find out later this week.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”