Hua Hin

Central Thailand forum - Bangkok, Pattaya etc.
laphanphon

Hua Hin

Post by laphanphon » October 3, 2007, 1:30 pm

heading down for few or more days, been there quite a few times. changing hotel to takiab hotel on different beach area, but short hop to downtown area.

any other tips for hotel, food, too see (non wat/buddha stuff) would be appreciated, along with tourist trap, to be avoided things. just in case i missed anything in the past or something new i haven't seen.

thanks in advance 8)

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 3, 2007, 4:25 pm

LA, you can get most of the local HH info on following websites:

papaguido
udonmap.com

Re: Hua Hin

Post by papaguido » October 3, 2007, 8:42 pm

laphanphon wrote:heading down for few or more days, been there quite a few times. changing hotel to takiab hotel on different beach area, but short hop to downtown area.

any other tips for hotel, food, too see (non wat/buddha stuff) would be appreciated, along with tourist trap, to be avoided things. just in case i missed anything in the past or something new i haven't seen.

thanks in advance 8)
Take me with you...my kids are driving me insane :fryingpan:

Maligator
udonmap.com

Post by Maligator » January 10, 2008, 7:09 am

I'm taking the wife to Hua Hin on 18 Feb. She loves the place, but I have never been.
I've gotten ( is that a word? ) some advise already, but after checking the "ark-kives" , I was wondering....
How was the trip Laphanphon...ya never wrote how it went.

I'm curious ?
Spot, places, drinks, food, beach, etc...

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 10, 2008, 9:43 am

If LA doesn't surface, this thread gives very useful pros and cons of Hua Hin:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=8112

Credits to Jimbo for the original HH Forum link. :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 10, 2008, 3:06 pm

my apologies, was just trying to get some hints, things i missed in past. hua hin is not a swimming beach, that's the negative, never been there in high season, so can't comment on the crowd. i'll need to check at home later for details, but found a couple more restaurants that i liked. the links about hh are pretty good. the drive down, if self driving is fine, decent roads, and timing is everything, try to get out of bkk on sunday, and return on a saturday, hence avoiding the bkk weekenders. nightlife seems to be small, but active, always there with someone, so untested by self. that's some basics, very few, links can fill in some more, and i'll get some info from house and get back on.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » January 10, 2008, 5:22 pm

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 7:10 pm

I heard everything its quite cheap in Hua Hin compared to other popular tourist areas. is that so? Or.. just some gossip from the past???

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 31, 2008, 7:50 pm

only 37 to go......
Can You Dig It Dug.?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 31, 2008, 9:39 pm

beer monkey wrote:only 37 to go......
Relax, BM. I don't think you need to worry about that 50 post minimum. :lol:

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 9:42 pm

Ah lol beefmonkey.. now i understand what you mean, hehe!!! Yeah.. that´s what got me motivated to start posting everywhere. However i´m doing my best to make it serious posts where i could actually use the information i get in replys :P

Footy1966
udonmap.com

Post by Footy1966 » March 19, 2009, 6:16 pm

I will be in Udon on April 6 or there abouts for a few days visiting the outlaws. Thinking about spending the new year in Hua Hin with the missus and our two young sons (Ronnie and Reggie as they're known locally).

Does anyone know of a good, clean and reasonably priced guesthouse in Hua Hin? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, James.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 19, 2009, 7:50 pm

i stay at Subhamitra, most times, in hua hin, as mentioned above, beach not for swimming, songkran falls during the week so that's good, less crowded, but should be a packed house, and surcharge for new years. place has decent pool, though never there crowded. plenty of food in the area, best place is coupel shops up, exit turn right, small shop with wooden tables, tasty and inexpensive. bakery on corner has decent cheese cake, both crumb suger, and almost purist, straight cc. higher priced is obviously the cheesier. topping or not. night market is touristy, but one vendor is decent, largest, about 25 meters in from same road the 7-11 are on, not sure if left, thinks, but maybe right. either way, it will be on that side of the street, which ever you turn, set behind the street vendors, has about 3 stall wide eating area, and will be full. HH afterdark site is good, some restaurant recommendations on there, one is excellent and inexpensive, will repost with better detail for that.

check sawadee site for late discounts, and latestays, sometimes some nice deals, though that week will be tough anywhere. why i usually kill time elsewhere till after songkran, then make my beach runs, unless getting past HH earlier than songkran.

map ref B-5
http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/hua_hin ... a_hin.html

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/hua_hin ... a_hin.html

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/su ... t4197.html

anything else i can help with, let me know, its a bi-yearly stop for me, at least, pit stop on way to phuket, both ways, usually.

Kevro
udonmap.com

Post by Kevro » March 19, 2009, 7:58 pm

Hi

stayed at cha Ba chalet last time I was there. Apart from the brekky it was OK, good central loc and plenty of other places for breakfast around.

http://www.chabachalet.com/

Kevro

Ps to many falangs in Hua Hin

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 19, 2009, 8:32 pm

agree, stayed at cha ba twice, when subhamitra thought they were all that and then some, decent place to stay, like the front sitting area, watch HH pass by.

but it is only 50 baht on a walk up for brekkie, basically if you put it all together, not a bad sandwich, :lol: :lol:
Ps to many falangs in Hua Hin
can't argue that, but makes a good pit stop, plus if haven't had my BK fix yet............yummy. :fryingpan:

both are good, but don't get too excited about the reviews, you'll expect too much and get let down :lol: :lol: :lol:
they're fine, good values for the area, though i never stayed there high season, which that week will be considered.

good luck

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » March 19, 2009, 9:04 pm

I stayed at the Prinz Hotel when I was in Hua Hin last year. It was great. Nice German man and his family own it. Nice pool, very clean and spacious rooms. Family-friendly and good price.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 19, 2009, 10:52 pm

bamakmak wrote:I stayed at the Prinz Hotel when I was in Hua Hin last year. It was great. Nice German man and his family own it. Nice pool, very clean and spacious rooms. Family-friendly and good price.
Do you mean the Prinz Garden Villa (Hotel), if so, it is an affordable well run establishment, very nice stay near too the edge of town, not that far from many amenities.

Return to “Central Thailand”