Grand Pinnacle Hotel in BKK

Central Thailand forum - Bangkok, Pattaya etc.
WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Grand Pinnacle Hotel in BKK

Post by WBU ALUM » December 8, 2009, 5:12 pm

I've stayed here several times -- mostly overnight for flights out the next day. Maybe 5-10 minutes from the airport.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bang ... hotel.html

Make your reservations through Agoda.com and the rate will be cheaper than going directly through the hotel. Two adults run about $25 USD per night includes free breakfast. Free limo service to and from the airport that leaves when YOU are ready. Notify them in the email as to when your flight is arriving, and they'll page you to Gate 3 about 30 minutes after your flight arrives.

Hotel also contracts a taxi service (Mr. Woody) who knows the city. Speaks English, Thai and Japanese. Used him the whole day on standby for 1,500 baht (Bank business, shopping mall, lunch, US Embassy, etc.). Very accommodating.

GEC
udonmap.com

Post by GEC » January 18, 2010, 12:35 am

WBU Alum...just like to thank you for recommending the above place.

We had an overnight stay there recently and it suited us fine. There was a lady to greet us in the arrival's lounge and directed us to the waiting taxi which took us to the hotel a few minutes drive away, all very easy and straight forward.

Breakfast next morning consited of two sausages and two eggs and as much toast/marmalade/tea/coffee/fruitjuice as you wanted.
Okay, maybe not fantastic and 5 star for some people but it was very clean and convienient and reasonably priced too and staff/owner very helpfull =D>

Glen

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Grand Pinnacle Hotel in BKK

Post by maaka » January 18, 2010, 1:10 am

considering I only get 24 baht to my dollar, swanning around some swish hotel is out of my league, so I will stick to the Banglampoo Hotel which is in the city, close to the river, and ferry service, and a delightful little riverside park, where one can comtemplate their navel in peace and quiet, or join in with the jazzercise ladies, listen to some music, watch the boats go by, or wander around the different events that happen there every weekend..everything is within a good walking distance, or ferry service, the palace, embassies, shopping, bars, chinatown, only the airport is away off, and alas no swish snarlers and eggs for breaky..anyway, good to know that the place you put forward is another option..

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » January 18, 2010, 7:59 am

GEC wrote:WBU Alum...just like to thank you for recommending the above place.

We had an overnight stay there recently and it suited us fine. There was a lady to greet us in the arrival's lounge and directed us to the waiting taxi which took us to the hotel a few minutes drive away, all very easy and straight forward.

Breakfast next morning consited of two sausages and two eggs and as much toast/marmalade/tea/coffee/fruitjuice as you wanted.
Okay, maybe not fantastic and 5 star for some people but it was very clean and convienient and reasonably priced too and staff/owner very helpfull =D>

Glen
Good place for short trips, when on business and getting in and out of the airport quickly.

Glad you liked it, Glen.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » January 18, 2010, 10:32 am

Is there a contact number for Mr. Woody? Or, I need to contact him through the hotel?
Thanks.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » January 18, 2010, 11:03 am

Ray.Charles wrote:Is there a contact number for Mr. Woody? Or, I need to contact him through the hotel?
Thanks.
Ray, I had a number, but I can't locate it.

When you get to the front desk of the hotel, just tell them that you want to contact Mr. Woody. I think they even have some of his business cards there. If you don't want to stay at the hotel, but just need to contact Mr. Woody, call the hotel and ask for his number. I'm certain that they'd give it to you.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » January 18, 2010, 5:34 pm

Thanks.
I think that many could use your handle 'wbu' with a suffix 1,000,000, 10,000,000, etc.

nchlsbrown

Post by nchlsbrown » April 8, 2010, 8:30 pm

The Thai culture is awesome and so are the places to see which are easy to reach if you are staying in some of the Bangkok Accommodation like this one!

Return to “Central Thailand”