Phuket - Where to stay? What to see and do?

Southern Thailand and the islands
polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 19, 2006, 1:28 am

Well, I was a steenkeen civilian defense contractor who worked with the military back in the '60s and '70s but I did drink a few beers. The going price during those years in most bars in Udon and Pattaya was 10 baht or 50 cents in US money, equivalent to 19 baht these days. Bangkok bars did charge more but CRS anymore. About 20 or 30 baht, I suppose.

Brands? Singha and Krating Thong. No foreign brands.

Not too many drank the large beers in those days in bars, that I remember. That 5% alcohol content or whatever it is would (still does?) wipe you out after 4 or 5 of the Beer Yai's. Made for a short night out if you drank one or two of those in each saloon. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 19, 2006, 2:09 am

thanks for that Mr P , good info...and fast responce..another good reason why this is "THE" forum.... what ever happened krating-thong .... :-k
Can You Dig It Dug.?

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » June 19, 2006, 4:12 am

lol bkkb...............

Garnet
udonmap.com

Shooters

Post by Garnet » June 19, 2006, 8:18 am

Yes, BM, the price being advertised was indeed four Changs for 150 Baht. I'm sorry that the image comes off so very large and grainy when it's opened--it looks fine when I open it from the file on my computer! I wonder if all of my photos would have the same poor result once uploaded?

I'll try once more with this other shot of Jack and I in Phuket on that same occasion. I didn't expect that she would be so adept at sucking down a shooter, so I held back and got my butt kicked in this brief contest.

Garnet & Jack

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 19, 2006, 2:29 pm

Garnet, looks like that's one of my favourite tipples, a B52.
The other week I was in Falang Alley and ordered a B52. It came to me with a plastic straw and was set on fire. Normally I just down it in one, so blew the flame out and went to down drink.
Big mistake. In my drunken state, I'd forgotten that the glass would still be hot. Result, grabbing girls gin and tonic to cool down burnt lip. :oops:

Gary

Return to “Southern Thailand”