Koh Lipe

Southern Thailand and the islands
Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Koh Lipe

Post by Sakhonnick » March 22, 2016, 3:40 pm

Hello, I just wanted to share this with you guys in Udon.

Last month I went to Koh Lipe, I had never heard of this Island before until a friend told me. I wont go into the details of how I went but basically I got the speed boat from Pak Bara in Satun to the island took about 2 hours. 600baht 1 way

I had pre booked accommodation with Agoda, its quite expensive for AC rooms but I found cheap enough fan rooms right on the beach on Sunrise Beach. 700baht - 1200baht right on the beach

No Cars on this tropical paradise, can walk between the 3 beaches, the walking street is cool with many little bars etc, prices are around 70baht for small beer that's cheapest I found about 120 for a big one.

Nok Air and Air Asia have fly Bus and Boat tickets, meaning you book through the airline and they get you from Don Muang to Koh Lipe, I went from Hat Yai

Its a paradise, I only spent 3 days there but for sure I will go back, loved the tiny island!!

Hope it helps somebody looking to go to a nice place they never heard of before

Zidane
udonmap.com

Koh Lipe

Post by Zidane » March 23, 2016, 8:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up,Nick.Koh Lipe is one of the places on our radar.We have been to Songkhla and Hat Yai a few times and have heard that its a true tropical paradise.
Possibly the easiest way to get there from Udon is to fly direct to Hat Yai with Lion Air then get a taxi to Pak Bara in Satun where you catch the speedboat.
This from wikipedia about Koh Lipe....

"In high season (November to May) there are several locations from which you can take a ferry or speedboat to Ko Lipe, including: Pak Bara, Langkawi, Phi Phi, Ko Lanta, and Trang. In low season (May to October) the only way to get to Ko Lipe is by speedboat from Pak Bara.
From Langkawi, Malaysia there are two speedboats per day (from November until May). These boats dock at the south end of Pattaya Beach. Ferry services are also available but as there is no pier in Ko Lipe, you may be transferred by local longtail boats to the beach. The journey takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.[2] It is also recommended for travelers to book accommodation prior to travelling to Ko Lipe as it can be very crowded especially during the holiday periods and it will be difficult for travelers to go in and out of Ko Lipe.
Ko Lipe has three main beaches: Sunset Beach (Hat Pramong), Sunrise Beach (Hat Chao Ley), and Pattaya Beach.(nothing like Pattaya beach on the mainland). The calm, clear water makes Ko Lipe ideal for snorkeling, with 25 percent of the world's tropical fish species found in the area. There are large varieties of fish around the coral just a few meters deep straight off all of the beaches.
There is a wide range of accommodation, from campgrounds to air-conditioned bungalows. Although, there has been growing trends in an upmarket resort, especially on Pattaya Beach, the island is being preserved at its most natural state."

I found these pics on the internet which,hopefully,gives readers an idea of what the island is like.
Koh Lipe.jpg
Koh Lipe 1 (900x570).jpg
Koh Lipe 2.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “Southern Thailand”