Hua Hin Points of Interest

Southern Thailand and the islands
WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » May 17, 2013, 2:46 pm

For anyone who has never been, I highly recommend that you GO!

Much to do -- family venues and nightlife venues. Not expensive unless you choose to make it so.

Spent 4 nights at the G Hua Hin Resort & Mall. Pricey, but worth every baht. Tight security, helpful English-speaking staff and spacious, comfortable rooms with wonderful views. Mini bar is all complimentary. Large balconies overlooking the pool also have a huge day bed for lounging and watching. Huge bath/shower facilities. Free wifi. You cannot even use the elevator without your key card. Very nice, secluded and quiet. I will stay here again. It's also only two blocks from Bangkok Hospital - Hua Hin.

http://www.ghuahin.com/

The hotel is not far from Soi 80, one of the nightlife streets that is about as long as two Soi Sampans end to end with bars, bars, bars and girls, girls, girls with very reasonable prices. Lots of places to go in both the afternoons and at night. You can't miss it with the 7-11 right on the corner of the main strip Hwy 4.

Great little restaurant in Soi 80 called Bon Appetit Pizza & Grills. Thai guy and his wife run it. Very small, but excellent food and great value. They worked on the Gulf Coast in Texas for a cruise line for three years. Their English is excellent, and they understand western food. I had a salami sandwich the first night that was excellent and returned two nights later to share a calzone of 5 different cheeses, 3 different mushrooms and moo sop for 300 baht. It can easily feed two people -- maybe even three. They also have take-out and delivery, so I may have one sent to my hotel the next time I am there.

The nightlife area between Hwy 4 and Beach is packed with bars in a walking-street type venue. There must be 80 bars in there side-by-side. Here is a map of that area. Every bar in there was full of girls.

I found the prices in there to also be reasonable, but there were a few places that were higher than others. As a drinker of red wine, I did not have one glass that was more than 90 baht, and it was full and ample. In Udon, I usually pay 100 baht or more for the same glass of wine.

As far as driving a car or riding a motorcycle, the highways are all 4-lane, 6-lane or 8-lane all the way from Udon to Hua Hin. Took me 10.5 hours to make the trip. Road signage is good, too.

korkenzieher

Post by korkenzieher » July 16, 2013, 11:13 pm

That is a particularly old version of the bars map for Hua Hin. A lot has changed since Oct 2010!

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 16, 2013, 11:38 pm

A lot has changed in 15 years too.
It used to be so lovely there. Only few farang bars, A small soi running from the beach selling souvenirs
Nice and quiet.
Went There about 8 years ago, .... got lost coming back to the hotel.
Buildings everywhere. I wonder if there is nice beach resorts dotted along the shoreline.
Not built up. Must be!

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » July 17, 2013, 12:05 am

i,ve stayed in hua hin many , many times and think the town is wonderful but what the hell as hua hin got to do with udon thani ?????

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » July 17, 2013, 2:56 am

Not everyone is cloistered in Udon Thani. I fully support the OP. Hua Hin is a diverse place for a beachside holiday with a wonderful mix of family and adult entertainment. The Siam Winery is a must to visit and in September for those golfers who want to escape Udon, Hua Hin has the festival of Golf on some of the best layouts in the country at very competitive prices.
www.huahingolffestival.com/

For the budget minded family type accommodation l fully recommend www.amari.com/huahin/‎

I hope this assists the more enlightened UM posters.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 17, 2013, 6:18 am

trekkertony wrote:Not everyone is cloistered in Udon Thani. I fully support the OP. Hua Hin is a diverse place for a beachside holiday with a wonderful mix of family and adult entertainment. The Siam Winery is a must to visit and in September for those golfers who want to escape Udon, Hua Hin has the festival of Golf on some of the best layouts in the country at very competitive prices.
http://www.huahingolffestival.com/

For the budget minded family type accommodation l fully recommend http://www.amari.com/huahin/‎

Very nice hotel but for the budget minded Tony? From 3k a night including taxes and breakfast? you've obviously got a bigger budget than this old pensioner. :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 17, 2013, 6:29 am

korkenzieher wrote:That is a particularly old version of the bars map for Hua Hin. A lot has changed since Oct 2010!
Cannot find my reading glasses but if the Lolitas bar is still showing on the map,then it is indeed old info :-$ .Hua Hin is good for everything else,even good at learning to speak Scandinavian small talk =D>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2013, 8:43 am

martynsnowman wrote:i,ve stayed in hua hin many , many times and think the town is wonderful but what the hell as hua hin got to do with udon thani ?????
I think the fact that it is posted in "Regional Forums" Southern Thailand could give a hint that it has nothing to do with Udon :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2013, 8:47 am

trubrit wrote:
trekkertony wrote:Not everyone is cloistered in Udon Thani. I fully support the OP. Hua Hin is a diverse place for a beachside holiday with a wonderful mix of family and adult entertainment. The Siam Winery is a must to visit and in September for those golfers who want to escape Udon, Hua Hin has the festival of Golf on some of the best layouts in the country at very competitive prices.
http://www.huahingolffestival.com/

For the budget minded family type accommodation l fully recommend http://www.amari.com/huahin/‎

Very nice hotel but for the budget minded Tony? From 3k a night including taxes and breakfast? you've obviously got a bigger budget than this old pensioner. :lol:
There are even places for us "Old pensioner's" TB .....

http://www.baanhauhinresort.com

was B590 a night last time I was there ......... inc Aircon, TV, hot water and swimming pool and Leo at B25 a tin :lol:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » July 17, 2013, 9:17 am

WBU,
Thanks for posting the trip report, and map. =D>
Never got round to visiting Hua Hin yet.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » July 17, 2013, 9:20 am

martynsnowman wrote:i,ve stayed in hua hin many , many times and think the town is wonderful but what the hell as hua hin got to do with udon thani ?????
Reading may have something to do with it.

Please note the forum subheadings: Regional Forums < Southern Thailand.

Don't read what doesn't interest you. It's a simple method that I use myself. 8)
“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » July 17, 2013, 9:25 am

Prenders88 wrote:WBU,
Thanks for posting the trip report, and map. =D>
Never got round to visiting Hua Hin yet.
You're welcome.

I had a time finding a decent map. 2010 was all I could come up with on a quick search. Just wanted to give a general idea of how things are laid out. Tons of bars in the area ... wall-to-wall and soi-to-soi. I really enjoyed my visit.

Planning to ride back there in September when the rain starts to go away.
“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » July 17, 2013, 9:40 am

i cant recomend this hotel highly enough stayed there 5/6 times maybe a bit cheap for some folks about 1000 bt a room, but clean , in city center , plenty of parking , swimming pool guy in charge speaks v good english . " bann manthana hotel "

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 17, 2013, 9:54 am

martynsnowman wrote: guy in charge speaks v good english . " bann manthana hotel "
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.83 KiB) Viewed 10544 times
Source: Hotel Website

OT............ \:D/

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » July 17, 2013, 10:23 am

Plenty of accommodations to chose from, all price ranges. Though fill up with Bangkok weekenders, and rate fluctuate with that.

It is not a 'swimmers' beach, so don't expect a beach holiday, and the main city beach is a bit disgusting to be honest, IMO. Southern end much cleaner and the horses usually don't get down that far. Most of town is accessible by walking, which is a good thing, as traffic can and usually is gridlock, with parking, almost non existent and tuk tuk / taxi mafia in force.

Have a nice Jazz Festival every year, just passed, usually held in June.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » July 17, 2013, 11:02 am

One of the better beach resorts for a holiday with or without family.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » July 17, 2013, 11:13 am

Trubrit

When l have stayed at Amari it has been 900 baht a double inclusive of breakfast and booked thruAgoda. This price was seasonal. Well worth the look if down that way

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2013, 1:47 pm

"Southern end much cleaner and the horses usually don't get down that far"

Then this must be the North End :lol:
DSCF0036e.JPG
Now remember Johnny all that horse manure is good for the roses
DSCF0039e.JPG
And the Misters, Mrs and Miss Wroe enjoying the beach (note the lack of beer on the table!!)
DSCF0042e.JPG

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2013, 2:00 pm

For those who don't trust "Touched up Brochure" shots, here's a couple of genuine shots looking over Royal Hua Hin Golf Course to the sea....
Hua - Hin 2.JPG
Hua - Hin 3.JPG
Hua - Hin 4.JPG
Royal Hua-Hin.JPG
Royal Hua - Hin 6.JPG

Return to “Southern Thailand”