Chiang Mai to Nong Khai...break up trip.

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
thighlander
udonmap.com

Chiang Mai to Nong Khai...break up trip.

Post by thighlander » December 11, 2017, 5:42 am

[googlevideo][/googlevideo]Can anyone please give me a travel tip or two on making the trip from CM to NK. The big question is do you bypass Udon, and what would one do from Phitsanalouk? or even Utradit. Would you get separate tickets to Lodi, then NK...or do a direct bus from Phitsanalouk? Someone mentioned the 211 route along the river. Will it save anytime or take more time than Udon with a bus change. Thanks in advance.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Chiang Mai to Nong Khai...break up trip.

Post by FrazeeDK » December 11, 2017, 9:30 am

If you're taking a bus from CM to Nong Khai I'd suggest going to the bus terminal in CM that handles trips over to Issan and see if a dedicated run is offered. You might be surprised.. At the very least asking about the terminal you'll find the best way to go and the days/hours the buses make the trip.
Dave

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 11, 2017, 11:05 am

I Very much doubt if there is a through bus from CM to NK,But then again I Could be wrong.....

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 11, 2017, 12:46 pm

If you go to the various bus terminals in Udon you'd be surprised at some of the destinations of the different bus companies.. Some go direct to cities a long ways away from Udon. They may stop in intermediate cities but their destination city is usually on the side of the bus... I imagine its the same in CM.. If there's enough demand, there will be a bus... Why perhaps CM to Nong Khai?? To satisfy a demand of Lao folks in the Vientiane metropolitan area to go to CM. Its a lot quicker going Nong Khai to CM through Thailand than over the windy routes through Laos..

Haha silly us.. Google Bus Routes from Chiang Mai to Nong Khai.

https://12go.asia/en/travel/chiang-mai/nong-khai

https://www.busonlineticket.co.th/bus-f ... -nong-khai
Dave

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » December 11, 2017, 4:02 pm

I was interested in breaking up the trip to not do the 13 hours straight, and do some sight seeing along the way. That is a decent option, though.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » December 11, 2017, 10:28 pm

There are buses from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani which pass through Loei. Change at Udon or Nong Bua Lamphu for Nong Khai.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » January 7, 2018, 8:39 pm

Update: AirAsia is starting one round trip per day..UTH,CNX,UTH next month. The Nokmonopoly is over. AA has flights for 690 and in response, Nok lowered their lowest fare from 1050 to 678...and I was able to pay with online banking with zero fees. See you all in March... hot weather is great..as long as the beers are cold.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 7, 2018, 8:58 pm

Wonder how long it will be before they take the plane for another route and redirect all UTH - CNX - UTH via BKK 8-[

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » January 8, 2018, 12:49 am

I would guesstimate AA does seven bkk-cm-bkk per day and three or four BKK-UTH-BKK...so they have finally realized going cm-uth makes sense..especially after seeing how much Nok gets compared to all the competition in BKK. I wonder how long it will take the leaders to figure out Superchoochoo will cost twice as much as flying and take four times longer...after the taxpayers sign the bill for the debt.

Return to “Nong Khai”