VIP Mekong Cruise

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
Windy Gyle
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by Windy Gyle » February 9, 2016, 11:23 am

There is soon to be a new attraction in Nong Khai. There are boat trips already available on the river, but they involve alighting from vehicles and sometimes walking more than 50 yards to board. This time of year there are also many steps down to the waterline. Some enterprising local will soon be providing VIP river cruises onboard his ro-ro vessel. One hour air-conditioned cruises in the comfort of your own pickup. There’ll be stewardesses making the rounds selling BBQ chicken and cans of tepid Beer Leo.
The vessel is currently tied up just west of the Muttmee. Awaiting DNV safety certification and construction of an access road.
20160208_144739.jpg

BigBubba
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by BigBubba » February 10, 2016, 1:16 pm

Call me a pessimist if you like, but I foresee a future photo of a dozen or so expensive SUV's up to their windows in river water from some unknown disaster. :shock:
Every day I wake up is a good day.

GT93
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by GT93 » February 10, 2016, 2:50 pm

There shouldn't then be too many complaints about the tepid Beer Leo. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

wazza
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by wazza » March 26, 2016, 4:29 pm

The first time it lands on Lao soi to grab a bit of freight, will see it impounded, SUVS held for ransom

Sorry im a skeptic here, but the idea of a river cruise, is to enjoy the breeze and freedom of not having to worry about your vehicle.

Cant see any hydrostatic life boats, lifejackets, muster station , to get DMV issues ticked off LOL

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by FrazeeDK » March 26, 2016, 7:38 pm

more likely shady looking characters in dodgy vehicles doing a "VIP" tour across to Lao and never coming back.
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by parrot » March 26, 2016, 8:07 pm

While in Nongkai in Feb 2014, we spotted this fine looking boat on the shoreline. The website http://www.cruisemekong.com is still in operation.
Attachments
20140220_154806.jpg

Windy Gyle
udonmap.com

VIP Mekong Cruise

Post by Windy Gyle » March 27, 2016, 9:41 am

The cruise ship was in NK a few weeks ago, it looks like a nice way to spend a couple of days. I had a look a while ago and they had a route heading down to Nakhon Phanom. If I’d paid a big wadge of cash for a cruise I’d be a bit disappointed. In the promotional photos they don’t show the mass of rubble embankments that now make up much of the Thai side, or the dredging/aggregate extraction that’s seems to be proliferating.

No progress on the ro-ro cruise.

Return to “Nong Khai”