Good farang food in Nong Khai town

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
businessman
udonmap.com

Good farang food in Nong Khai town

Post by businessman » February 8, 2007, 9:13 pm

I guess i could just PM Stan but i thought i would put the question out to all.Although i have lived here for seven years i do not eat farang food and do not know where is the best restaurant.

I have a farang friend staying and he wants some good farang tucker.Where do we go in Nong Khai town?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 8, 2007, 9:54 pm

I eat farang food rarely!!I 'll have a hamburger or sausage sandwich on Lao french bread at Brendens and Noi's on the waterfront soi .There are several small stores that have specialty farang items that I have heard some good comments about.Julio for pastas at the meeting place,Carstons for pies,The German baker Rudy for breakfast and baked goods(excellent)sausage and pickled goods,The Danish bakery(never been there,to many girls),Jose's for Puerto Rican and mex food,The Outback for Aussie grease,steaks and pasta,OJ,s for English food and smoking A/C room!
I go to Udon for the salad bar at Sizzlers,no meat orders , the Lunch Buffet at the Charoen Grand hotel,The Irish Clock , Deiters Raunch Kate and The Taco place!

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » February 8, 2007, 10:29 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive list.

He is going to try OJs.Where is it?Map reference?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 9, 2007, 9:45 am

OJ's(Derrick & Nong),J-4, on soi Wat Nak,between Meechai rd. & Prajak rd.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » February 9, 2007, 6:24 pm

Another place is Tony's on the Waterfront - just past the big market (south end). Good pies from what I have heard.
Ain't Easy Being Me

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 9, 2007, 6:50 pm

Tony's
an english joint i believe.

can't comment on the pies, but had a full english there some weeks back, BIG sausages but mine where still pink on the inside :| ,the bacon was small and cremated and the tea did'nt arrive,and maybe the girl that served me on that day might have just recieved bad news, as the blank look on her face did'nt say much for the service, a little smile or acknolwedgement that we were there would have been nice. imo.

Only been there once, the Mrs would never go back, but if anyone says it was a one off and the service/food is not usually like that, i might pop back in there sometime.!

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » February 10, 2007, 3:47 am

I can't say it was a one off -- but I will pass your coments on to Tony and the rest is up to him.... :oops:
Ain't Easy Being Me

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 28, 2007, 9:36 pm

ALL should try " The Siam Restaurant " at the FAR end of the promonade away from Thasadej......Run by Peter from Accrington,Near Burnley in England, He is a retired Pie Maker,and Chef.Excellent BIG Meals ( You WONT be dissapointed !!! ) Fish & Chips Superb.. :lol: :lol: .Pork Chops Dinner is HUGE, :D :D And NO Im NOT on commission,before ANY of you ask. :oops: :oops: ...BUT he is closed for the next 4 or 5 days,whilst he has gone to BKK... :cry: :cry: :( :( .

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » March 28, 2007, 9:41 pm

I have been to Tony's a few times and always found the food to be very good and yes the steak and ale pie was excellent. The TW liked the Thai food to :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 28, 2007, 9:50 pm

Roy,As I said TRY Peters when he Re-opens,( You WONT be disapointed ) PROMISE.. :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 9, 2008, 4:45 pm

Peter has now CLOSED and returned to the U.K All very suddenly,Maybe HE got sick as he was nearly 70 years old.....OR maybe TW Problems !!! NOBODY seems to know,So I should'nt speculate...........

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » June 17, 2008, 1:01 am

they all seem to return sooner or later , Swiss gent i used to know in si chiang mai that used to run TIMS guesthouse fell out with his 3rd TW and her family and went off to BKK after selling what he could sell . he rented the building off a Vietnamese owner so didnt lose on the property ,just the internal fittings .
Family members kept raiding the fridge for beers and booze but in the end it wasnt the odd one but half the stock was vanishing down their throats .

Return to “Nong Khai”