Hotel in Phon Phisai

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
mars

Hotel in Phon Phisai

Post by mars » January 28, 2007, 2:20 am

Hi

This is my first post and I am looking for help on finding a hotel in Phon Phisai.

I hope to be visiting there late April or early May, The only one I have found on the google Is the Big Snake Guesthouse any info on this would be handy or advice on others.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 28, 2007, 9:29 am

that will probably be the only one you'll find on the internet. it's a small town. there may be a couple smaller ones, but you would have to be there. not much need for hotels there except for the one big tourist weekend, nage fire balls. it's very close to nong khai, maybe 45 kms or so, where much more is available.

humyaoyao

Post by humyaoyao » January 28, 2007, 6:04 pm

There is a lovely Scottish guy called Tom who has a couple of small fully air conditioned bungalows just past the centre of town.I think he charges about 550 per night.

Buapha's Motel 042 472016
Mobile 086 2428210

201 Moo13 Jomnangneua11 Jumphol Phon phisai.

Bigsnake is the last place on the planet i would stay.The owner is a real ogre.

mars

Post by mars » January 31, 2007, 5:05 am

Thanks for the info lads.

I will be visiting with my TG from Bangkok whose family lives there, She did say arrangments would be made but I like to book online and check places out, and forums are always the best places to do that.

Anymore info on the area Sights to see or nightlife (if there is any)will be appreciated.

leiffi

Re: Hotel in Phon Phisai

Post by leiffi » March 10, 2010, 4:42 pm

Big snake guesthouse has a new owner and there is still some difficulties with the language thai/lao but improvements is going on.the new bridge just under 1km to town was damiged last summer,so an own transport to phonphisai is the best solution(car,motorbike,) now around 3km.of course you can call tuk tuk from town.take a look at new homesides
[email protected]

747man
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by 747man » March 11, 2010, 3:44 pm

mars wrote:Thanks for the info lads.

I will be visiting with my TG from Bangkok whose family lives there, She did say arrangments would be made but I like to book online and check places out, and forums are always the best places to do that.

Anymore info on the area Sights to see or nightlife (if there is any)will be appreciated.
Mars, They're is quite POSSIBLY more nightlife on................................ Mars !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rolando

Post by Rolando » February 13, 2011, 1:26 pm

BIGSNAKE has new tel number +66857544199

new website under construction http://www.BIGSNAKEguesthousePHONPHISAI.blogspot.com

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » February 14, 2011, 10:17 am

Hi Mars,
you will have no problem finding accommodation in Phonpisai, there are a few resort type places around, a couple of them which are quite nice are just off the main road just before you get to the Big Snake turning. In the town itself, there are a couple of cheap hotels, not the best, but if you're only sleeping there, ok for the money, about 300B.
Night life, mmmmm, there is one western bar, called The Western, near the bus station, not bad. The usual collection of karaoke bars, there's supposed to be a new night club opened, but not sure what it's like.
Hope this helps.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 14, 2011, 11:02 am

was thru there middle of last year. not really much going for the place except its on the banks of the Mekong River..you would be bored after one day, as there is not much to sightsee, not much nightlife etc etc...however its 44kms to Nongkhai also on the river, which is where I would make camp..more hotels like the Pantawee Hotel, NongKhai Grand, Mae Kong, Rim Kong, Khlong River hotel, or bungalows like Prajac, there, and market places, tourist markets, temples, shops, malls, kareoke bars etc etc,..if the missus could jack up a car for ya, then you could scoot down the highway to her old stomping ground, and back everyday or whatever..but of course half these things are up to the missus..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 14, 2011, 11:10 am

Guys, the request from Mars re accommodation was 4 years ago. :D

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » February 14, 2011, 3:12 pm

jackspratt wrote:Guys, the request from Mars re accommodation was 4 years ago. :D

suppose its better late than never .

i passed thru phon pissole last mounth .
never 2 rtn
LOL :D

Return to “Nong Khai”