Don't let anyone tell you there is no nightlife in Nong Khai

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » June 2, 2013, 1:54 pm

Had a great day ride with some other bikers with the idea that we were going to spend the night somewhere and check things out. We ended up in Nong Khai.

I had tried to get some info from some of the more knowledgeable on here regarding Nong Khai, but they never responded to my PMs. After looking at their post count, they probably aren't regular readers/posters here, so no harm.

We stayed in a small guesthouse near the Mekong. Only 400 baht a night -- AC and hot water and very clean. Friendly and helpful owners. What else do you need on a trip? They also had wifi, but we didn't need it for the short time we were planning to stay. It was named the Khiangkhong Guesthouse. Had a covered, secluded area for us to park our big bikes, which was also a plus.

Bars along the roadway near the Market adjacent to the Mekong River were hopping. Lots of girls on a Friday night. We took four of them out with us as guides, and they showed us everywhere there is to go -- including some other bars in town and karaoke places. Found some discos near the Riverside Hotel and spent quite a bit of time in there. Prices were reasonable, music was great, and we were the only foreigners in there except for one other guy who was having a good time near the stage. Place was packed, but not so full that you couldn't move about. Service was also good, but the ladies were making sure that our drinks stayed fresh. Bar Nana is the name of the disco.

Left there about 2am. Just in time, as the local police were riding into the parking lot with red lights going, so it must have been time to close. We were fine. No problems.

We had heard rumors about Lao girls in a certain part of town. Our tuktuk driver took us straight to them (those guys know everything). There's a hotel about a half block from the market that houses them all. Didn't partake, but we know where they are now.

Next morning, had breakfast at the Pantawee Hotel on Hak Sok Road. I had eaten breakfast there before. Very good. Staff speaks English well and are very helpful.

We will go back. :D

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » June 2, 2013, 4:23 pm

I hope you make some pictures to show use Nong Khai.
Very helpful for the forum people when the go to visit nong khai.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » June 2, 2013, 7:24 pm

phen wrote:I hope you make some pictures to show use Nong Khai.
Very helpful for the forum people when the go to visit nong khai.
Nope. Sorry.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. No pictures on our "thunder expeditions." :D

But if you inquire via PM, I'll be happy to explain as much as I can. =D>

netghost

Post by netghost » July 6, 2014, 8:09 pm

Trued sending you a pm. Anymore information I can have on this topic? I found the guesthouse, do I have to just ask tuktuk driver about the girls?

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » July 7, 2014, 2:34 am

netghost wrote:Trued sending you a pm. Anymore information I can have on this topic? I found the guesthouse, do I have to just ask tuktuk driver about the girls?
Hi netghost,

I do believe WBU Alum was banned for life from this forum, so your PM likely won't work.

As for finding the Lao girls probably every tuk tuk driver in town knows where they are and has likely slept with them as well.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 7, 2014, 6:34 am

And any tuk tuk driver will advise you no kissing any beetle crunching,locust eating lasses ;) Best of luck and a thread with over 3000 views,must be a demand oop there :-k

netghost

Post by netghost » July 7, 2014, 6:54 am

Thank you redwolf, sorry I didn't know he was banned.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » July 7, 2014, 11:24 am

Nice to see you back WBU

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » July 7, 2014, 12:36 pm

Anymore information I can have on this topic? I found the guesthouse, do I have to just ask tuktuk driver about the girls?
As for finding the Lao girls probably every tuk tuk driver in town knows where they are and has likely slept with them as well.
Two of the three have gone home currently, leaving just the one; - I think as a result of the current clampdown on foreign workers.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 8, 2014, 12:28 pm

Whilst doing a late beer delivery i used Adunyadhet soi 2 as a short cut and can confirm it was a hive of activity , not all but at least two venues open for bizz , swarms of the wee ones , mating sqwarks rang out ... i was worried i would run out of petrol or something but i made it through safe n well ....phew twas a close one tho !!.

Reference Nong Khai ,never really thought of Nongers as a night place more of an afternoon early eve then lights out n home to bed .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

michaleo
udonmap.com

Post by michaleo » January 14, 2015, 1:46 am

redwolf wrote:probably every tuk tuk driver in town knows where
Soi Bunterngjit on the west- end of Thasadet Indochina- Market in this...

dirty old "Hotel" Bun Terng Ghjit late in the evening.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Re: Don't let anyone tell you there is no nightlife in Nong Khai

Post by thighlander » November 25, 2017, 2:33 am

Any recent updates on Nong Khai? Still fun? Any bars clubs open late? Thanks! Oh, how is the air over there In March, April, in general? Any beer promos or good happy hours?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 25, 2017, 10:49 am

thighlander wrote:
November 25, 2017, 2:33 am
Any recent updates on Nong Khai? Still fun? Any bars clubs open late? Thanks! Oh, how is the air over there In March, April, in general? Any beer promos or good happy hours?
March & April....It's HOT,Bloody Hot,& Damn Hot..... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » November 25, 2017, 11:30 am

No promos for beer in Nong Khai mate. It's also very quiet at the moment. A couple of bar owners have told us they are lucky if they have 2 or 3 customers a day. Been here 21 years and never seen it so quiet. However, I think that applies to all over Thailand.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » November 25, 2017, 8:26 pm

I will take the heat over the smoke. Just about fed up with Chiang Mai....the word "culcha" almost makes me vomit. The worst part is that it used to be so much better. Glad my 85 year old parents aren't in nearly such a steep slide. I really don't need to be around a lot of westerners to have a blast. Cold beers and as few nice ladies is all I ask....and Some good spicy Thai food. Am I asking too much? How are they about garbage pickup in NK? What are the main internet providers? Thanks for your responses! Glad to see the forum is still going. I am worried that if I keep reading TVF, I too will be senile and babble on about my medical conditions. Sheers!

Return to “Nong Khai”