dentist in Nong Khai

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
747man
udonmap.com

Re: dentist in Nong Khai

Post by 747man » March 12, 2010, 8:03 pm

Stan, It's PROBABLY because YOU Look so Wealthy,& I look quite destitute.....

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » March 12, 2010, 8:29 pm

747man wrote:Stan, It's PROBABLY because YOU Look so Wealthy,& I look quite destitute.....
:lol: See how looks deceive?It is just the opposite :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 12, 2010, 8:58 pm

nkstan wrote:
747man wrote:Stan, It's PROBABLY because YOU Look so Wealthy,& I look quite destitute.....
:lol: See how looks deceive?It is just the opposite :lol:
Stan, I was there this afternoon, In a Cotton T-Shirt thats at LEAST 10 Years old !!! :-" :-" :-"

thedude
udonmap.com

Post by thedude » March 13, 2010, 5:56 pm

I would imagine yanking out loose teeth of "middle-aged" men would be a lot easier - and therefore cheaper - than what sounds like a more "surgical" extraction of what I assume might have been 3rd molars - or wisdom teeth.

This guy's pretty straight up - don't imagine his prices are too much on the old "sliding scale".

My only complaint with him - and virtually every dentist I've been to in this country - and they've been many I can tell you! - is that they tend to fix things that are broken (surprise surprise), rather than doing a complete check, evaluation, and treatment plan.

But then why should dentists buck the cultural norms? Especially when 90% of the patients expect just this - with their dentists, or doctors, or mechanics, etc.

Personally, I prefer to take steps to prevent breakdowns (or toothaches or amputations!)...so I must guide them to check all my teeth and then advise me. Typically, they'll notice something and say, "Oh you do have a cavity that should be taken of back there..." or whatever.

Yeah, thanks Doc - glad you caught that.

ccik

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by ccik » July 3, 2011, 12:27 pm

Hello all!!!

I'm Ceci, I'm living in Vientiane at the moment and expeirnecing a horrible toothpain. I have to go to Thailand tomorrow and I'm thinking of paying a visit to this doctor you talk so well about. Any chance you can give me more details about how to find him?? I know very little of Nong Khai and nothing around the train station.

My pain will thank you all! =)

nkstan
udonmap.com

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by nkstan » July 3, 2011, 2:08 pm

When you come across the bridge and turn left to head into NK,you will see the dentist office on the left hand side about 1 KM up the road.Maybe 500Meters after you cross the train tracks!

ccik

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by ccik » July 3, 2011, 2:21 pm

Thank you!!!! Super helpful! Wish me luck =)

rufus
udonmap.com

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by rufus » July 3, 2011, 3:50 pm

ccik, there is an excellent dentist in Vientiane - a lady virtually directly opposite the Rattana Business College. She does really good work and is cheap. I paid $100 for a crown.

arjay
udonmap.com

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by arjay » July 3, 2011, 5:12 pm

I thoroughly endorse NK Stan's recommendation.

747man
udonmap.com

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by 747man » July 3, 2011, 9:29 pm

CCIK, The Dentist's Shop is painted BRIGHT Orange,You really cannot miss it......

ccik

dentist in Nong Khai

Post by ccik » July 4, 2011, 3:51 pm

Thank you everybody! I found it and got the job done, finally... no more pain!!!!

747man, true, easy to find, plus every tuk tuk driver knows about it :P

rufus, I went to this lady, she was really nice but had to get an x-ray and then go back which could only be on tuesday! and because I had to go to Nong Khai for my visa, thought of trying it there, it's easy to have all in the same place when you're in a lot of pain!

So, totally recommed this place, super modern and with all the equipment, he took an xray, got out my crown, fixed it and put it back, had to wait only a little considering I went in with no appointement. The staff was lovely too!

Thank you!

Return to “Nong Khai”