Members on Time Delay

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Members on Time Delay

Post by jackspratt » February 15, 2022, 9:53 pm

Can posts which have been delayed for vetting be posted with the time they are approved and actually appear?

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Members on Time Delay

Post by GT93 » February 16, 2022, 1:49 am

Ha ha. I'd quite like a list of who is on time delay. I've picked up that 747man, Giggle :lol: and Whistler seem to be on time delay. Any others?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 16, 2022, 1:27 pm

Not just time delay, quite a few of my posts simply never appear. I stopped posting for around 6 months after some particularly vile posts where I had my posts blocked. The vile poster got a short holdiday on the black list, then given freedom to post after a short time.

I got banned for calling somebody an idiot (I am not the only one who made that assessment), the poster who abused me called me a c**t. He got a few weeks, mine is ongoing from the middle of last year. Go figure. Seems the length of the holiday is quite arbitary, so far more than 9 months and counting.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 16, 2022, 7:03 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 16, 2022, 1:27 pm
Not just time delay, quite a few of my posts simply never appear.
Nearly all of your posts appear. If any do not, the system should notify you of that fact as well as the reason. Check your PMs. Also check your email today, please. I will write you an email further explaining.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 16, 2022, 7:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 15, 2022, 9:53 pm
Can posts which have been delayed for vetting be posted with the time they are approved and actually appear?
Sure, we can do that. Be aware, however, that I am currently on the east coast of the U.S. and will be for a bit, so for the posts that I handle, that will be the date and time that you see.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 16, 2022, 7:13 pm

Udon Map wrote:
February 16, 2022, 7:08 pm
jackspratt wrote:
Sure, we can do that. Be aware, however, that I am currently on the east coast of the U.S. and will be for a bit, so for the posts that I handle, that will be the date and time that you see.
Enjoy the balmy and sometimes freezing conditions
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 16, 2022, 7:56 pm

Following………….

Might, just might get an insight into the altogether arbitrary on-going moderation style.
(Then again, I might not, UM owning the sandpit will always trump any participants, won’t it)

Never mind

Stay safe Paul 😘
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 16, 2022, 8:13 pm

Udon Map wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
My apologies - I should have made myself clearer in what I was trying to achieve.

Which is, once a delayed post has been approved, can that be the time it appears on the Forum - not the time it was originally posted.

At the moment, when a post is responded to in real time, the response can lose all context when a delayed post then appears between the two.

I realise the delayed post may also lose context, but perhaps that is a penalty for being on time delay.

Not a matter of great importance - just a suggestion. :D

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 16, 2022, 9:10 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 16, 2022, 8:13 pm
Udon Map wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
My apologies - I should have made myself clearer in what I was trying to achieve.

Which is, once a delayed post has been approved, can that be the time it appears on the Forum - not the time it was originally posted.

At the moment, when a post is responded to in real time, the response can lose all context when a delayed post then appears between the two.

I realise the delayed post may also lose context, but perhaps that is a penalty for being on time delay.

Meanwhile Jack, some posters have a field day knowing they can berate and enjoy clear air
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 17, 2022, 2:43 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 16, 2022, 8:13 pm
Udon Map wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

Not a bad suggestion, either. Makes total sense. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to make that type of change to the database system. The timestamp is created at the time that the post enters the system. Prior to approval, it's in the system as a post hidden from public view, but still in the database.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 17, 2022, 2:46 am

Niggly wrote:
February 16, 2022, 7:56 pm
Might, just might get an insight into the altogether arbitrary on-going moderation style.
Nothing arbitrary about it. I'm always happy to explain to anyone why their posts are being moderated.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2022, 2:51 am

Are you on time delay Alexo? I think you have been before but I'm not sure of your current status.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 17, 2022, 3:04 am

this is like dick tracy's rogues' gallery :-s gt93
you're a slippery one. always escaping justice

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 17, 2022, 6:00 am

Udon Map wrote:
February 17, 2022, 2:46 am
Niggly wrote:
Nothing arbitrary about it. I'm always happy to explain to anyone why their posts are being moderated.
Now that’s not strictly true is it.
I’ve just been through the deluge of emails you sent me (I know, I know, nothing better to do) & not once have you answered why I’m being moderated despite numerous requests as to why.
Feel free to read them again if you disagree 👍
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2022, 6:30 am

I think you were on delayed posting for a while? Justice caught up with you? :lol:

Yes, my posting style is more slippery. I can't be bothered engaging in long term spats with others and just disengage fairly early. If you endlessly niggle Whistler, perhaps you risk a return to the rogue's gallery.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 17, 2022, 7:35 am

Finally an admission.

Ah yes a slippery character, quite often in ENZED used alongside a slimy character.

adjective. You can describe someone as slippery if you think that they are dishonest in a clever way and cannot be trusted. [disapproval] He is a slippery customer, and should be carefully watched.

If you describe a person as slimy, you mean that the person appears to be friendly but cannot be trusted and is not sincere: He was really a slimy character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2022, 10:04 am

Hi Barney. How are you?

You've been niggling me for years and I've never really bothered responding. I'll remain slippery and not bother engaging. I can't be bothered having a posting wrestle with you across thread after thread.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 17, 2022, 10:12 am

GT93 wrote:
February 17, 2022, 10:04 am
Hi Barney. How are you?

You've been niggling me for years and I've never really bothered responding. I'll remain slippery and not bother engaging. I can't be bothered having a posting wrestle with you across thread after thread.
Try Doodoo, he's easy.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 17, 2022, 11:19 am

Niggly wrote:
February 17, 2022, 6:00 am
Udon Map wrote:
February 17, 2022, 2:46 am
Niggly wrote:
Now that’s not strictly true is it.
I’ve just been through the deluge of emails you sent me (I know, I know, nothing better to do) & not once have you answered why I’m being moderated despite numerous requests as to why.
Feel free to read them again if you disagree 👍
Actually, it is true. I explained to you what the problem was and offered to remove your limitation if you would agree not to repeat the type of posting that was problematical. You wouldn't. The offer still stands.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 17, 2022, 11:21 am

The conversation has been interesting, but I think that this thread has served its purpose. I'll be happy to engage privately with anyone who would like to continue the conversation. [email protected].

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”