Current Forum Technical Issues

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Niggly » March 18, 2021, 10:20 pm

Further update....

Just noticed my WIN10 machine is running Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit) with no problem.
The MacBook is running Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (x86_64) & has problems but the different version number is probably due to the different OS

To check your version:
Click the three dots in the top right
Help
About Google Chrome

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » March 19, 2021, 12:02 am

Latest Edge browser, problem...
Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 19, 2021, 12:10 am

Using Windows 10, Microsoft Edge Chromium with no problems. My (just updated) version info
Microsoft Edge
Version 89.0.774.54 (Official build) (64-bit)

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » March 19, 2021, 12:40 am

Microsoft Edge
Version 89.0.774.54 (Official build) (64-bit) also on Win10 with all recent updates:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎6/‎19/‎2020
OS build 19042.868
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » March 19, 2021, 7:14 am

Going on 7 months. No change on any browser used.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 19, 2021, 8:51 am

You might try to change display using control panel and change screen resolution. Other issues may occur if you have a separate monitor attached to a notebook. In this case you can try closing the notebook and just using the monitor and vice verse and see if the problem persists.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 19, 2021, 11:29 am

Okay, to keep breaking down the issue, everyone with problems seems to be using different OS but Edge or Chrome browsers.
Both are built on the Chromium open-source browser using the Blink rendering engine, making them more similar than they are different.
This forum uses phpBB open source bulletin board software. For those that don't know, I have access to another phpBB forum 🤭. I have checked the other forum on all stated browsers & this particular problem isn't evident which leaves me to conclude (could be wrong) that the problem exists with UM.
I know there was a new release of the phpBB software on 29th January 2021 but have no way of knowing if it has been applied here. If the problems were first noticed around this time & no other software mods have been made, perhaps we can conclude it has.

I think UM Paul needs to jump in now. Its clearly a problem for a number of users

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 2, 2021, 12:09 pm

Three of my American friends tried to join the forum. One was not allowed because it said he was a spammer. He has never been here before. The other two had their registration time out. When they both tried to sign up again it told them that their email and user name were in use. What? So they tried to log in. It told them that their membership was not confirmed in their email. They asked to resend the confirmation email. That timed out too. Then they both tried to send an email to administration. That timed out too. Only one of them is still interested in joining but they cannot. They were all on Windows 10 and used Edge and Chrome.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 2, 2021, 3:04 pm

Best to email

[email protected]
Paul Neustadt

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 14, 2021, 3:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 14, 2021, 12:28 pm
As highlighted on a different thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52666&p=606980#p606980 there are some problems with UM pages rendering correctly.

My experience is as follows:

On my tablet (Android 8) using Chrome in the Active Topics page, but not the main Forum page.

There is no issue on either page using Firefox browser on the tablet, nor on my phone (Android 10) with either browser.

PC is also OK.
I noticed an update to the Chrome Android browser today, and the rendering issue highlighted above seems to have been fixed. [-o<

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » April 15, 2021, 8:27 pm

mine has been ok as well ,for a few days already ( edge)
Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 15, 2021, 9:02 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 2, 2021, 12:09 pm
Three of my American friends tried to join the forum. One was not allowed because it said he was a spammer. He has never been here before. The other two had their registration time out. When they both tried to sign up again it told them that their email and user name were in use. What? So they tried to log in. It told them that their membership was not confirmed in their email. They asked to resend the confirmation email. That timed out too. Then they both tried to send an email to administration. That timed out too. Only one of them is still interested in joining but they cannot. They were all on Windows 10 and used Edge and Chrome.
Advise them to send their request to Udon Map, not to Whistler.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 24, 2021, 9:28 pm

Anyone else having trouble with “network server is not responding“ messages when navigating the forum?

It’s been like it all day for me on different devices although all Apple on a Safari browser

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 11:19 am

Everything tickety boo today, must have been a 24 hour thing

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2021, 11:30 am

Niggly wrote:
May 24, 2021, 9:28 pm
Anyone else having trouble with “network server is not responding“ messages when navigating the forum?

It’s been like it all day for me on different devices although all Apple on a Safari browser
I didn't spend much time on UM yesterday (honest!) as I had other dragons to slay but I did note a general laggard internet response, both on Chrome and FF affecting everything and getting a few 'cloudflare' timeout screens.

I've been using the dumbphone via Wi-Fi today and as you say, it looks all tickety-boo.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2021, 11:40 am

Never had problems, but duly noted, the only thing that really annoys me is the holpup between 0600 and 0630 in themorning when it is as if someone somewhere realises it is slow to non-existent and flicks a switch then it is all back in full working order. .
I have questioned True ( they who supply the fibre optic cable) but you can imagine a blank wall .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 11:48 am

^ is the holpup everything internet related or just UM?

The 30min lag at that time on UM is quite possibly the daily back up automatically running depending on where in the world the server is located

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2022, 11:50 am

Is anyone else getting weird issues with the forum?

Such as being logged out without doing so; the report, copy and other buttons not rendering correctly; going into what looks like a mobile/tablet screen when composing a reply (on a PC).

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2022, 11:59 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 8, 2022, 11:50 am

Such as being logged out without doing so; the report, copy and other buttons not rendering correctly; going into what looks like a mobile/tablet screen when composing a reply (on a PC).
Got logged out a couple of times yesterday, but ok today

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 8, 2022, 12:35 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 8, 2022, 11:50 am

Not since 30-May-22 when the old 403 Forbidden error was haunting us. A quick email to Paul (during his waking timezone) sorted it.
stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2022, 11:59 am
Got logged out a couple of times yesterday, but ok today
Just now when clicking reply, I needed to log in again which isn't generally the case.

Could be some system maintenance on the pppBB server. Did you try switching it off then on again?
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”