Deleting posts unread.

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
trubrit
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by trubrit » February 21, 2015, 10:02 am

More and more just recently I find myself marking topics or posts as read, so I kept a note over the past week why .In total I deleted over half the new content each day, I found they broke down roughly 50/50 into two main categories. Firstly topics that have absolutely no interest for me and secondly those by posters who I feel contribute nothing but nonsense to a topic .It might be of interest to those sponsors who have spent good money to promote their products that there are some of them whose posts I never open because they are always so typically boring, they need to remember this is a forum and even a paid for topic needs to be interesting and open for discussion, not just simply a place to repeatedly post the same old pre prepared banner ads .What do others think? :roll:

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Astana
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by Astana » February 21, 2015, 10:44 am

Agree

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by JimboPSM » February 21, 2015, 11:03 am

trubrit wrote:.... and secondly those by posters who I feel contribute nothing but nonsense to a topic...
Agree 100% =D>
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Shado
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by Shado » February 21, 2015, 11:05 am

Not just recently for me. I've been using the "mark forums read" feature for a long time now. For the same reasons indicated by trubrit.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by old-timer » February 21, 2015, 12:31 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
trubrit wrote:.... and secondly those by posters who I feel contribute nothing but nonsense to a topic...
Agree 100% =D>

Hmmm, looks like OT's just been scolded, I try to keep it on the straight and narrow but my personality wanders all over the place.

As for getting an answer to a valid question from certain advertisers - no chance.

OT................ \:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by trubrit » February 21, 2015, 1:02 pm

old-timer wrote:
JimboPSM wrote:
Agree 100% =D>

Hmmm, looks like OT's just been scolded, I try to keep it on the straight and narrow but my personality wanders all over the place.

As for getting an answer to a valid question from certain advertisers - no chance.

Not aimed at you at all OT, although your posts are often a bit zany they are normally on topic. A little light relief is always welcome, however some don't seem to know when they are not only making fools of themselves but boring the rest of us at the same time.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

papaguido
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by papaguido » February 21, 2015, 1:05 pm

I too find myself marking more post as read, especially with threads that have lost course and gone off into banterland and I treat sponsor threads like commercials on TV and just skip over them.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Deleting posts unread.

Post by JimboPSM » February 21, 2015, 1:17 pm

old-timer wrote:
JimboPSM wrote:
Agree 100% =D>
Hmmm, looks like OT's just been scolded, I try to keep it on the straight and narrow but my personality wanders all over the place....

Nope, I can honestly say that your contributions never entered my mind.

I don’t have a problem with your use of irony and wit as, when used appropriately, they have served to add interest to some topics - although there are times when they certainly have not.

However, if you think the cap fits, who am I to argue :lol:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”